Appt today :D

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
As always, I fall more in love with this baby the more often I see him or her! I wasn't expecting an ultrasound today. I told the office my drama with the insurance company not covering ultrasounds (and nearly ended in tears thanks to pg hormones). Sure enough, the midwife can't find the HB. Baby was nowhere she expected him//her to be. She turned on the ultrasound machine to do a scan and it was taking forever to start up, so she tried again. She tried a little higher and caught the HB through the placenta! 145-150 beats per minute. Still verified by u/s and we just stared at the baby for a good 20-30 minutes. Baby had his/her hand in their mouth the ENTIRE time! S/he took it out for just a few seconds to grab his/her feet and put the hand right back in. Wiggling and worming away.

Best news! The placenta is large enough and the cord looks good. I am able to stop the progesterone supplement! YAY!

I also talked to the midwife about the birth center. I'm still on the fence, but honestly, once I get in the tub I'm not getting out. The hospital will let you labor, but not deliver in the tub. Now, my OB might be a different story. But she did say that the hospital policy is you can labor, but you can't birth in the tub. We talked a little bit about transfer rates, etc. They've only had 3 transfers. And it was because the mom stalled at 9cm and after a long period of waiting the mom needed/wanted pain meds or some pitocin. Nothing that was wrong really with the mom or baby. Nothing that was an emergency.

I'm still undecided on hospital or birth center, but they did have one mom w/ our insurance and they covered them in-network! Which might be a deal breaker for hubby! It will be significantly less at the birth center and he might just go for it.

January 25th, 2012, 04:59 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad everything is ok.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic