I need advice please

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beginswithb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2012, 08:42 AM
Super Mommy
Im trying to keep exercising, but I'm having trouble. I love to walk in my neighborhood. It's beautiful and has lots of hills, but even though I use the bathroom before i leave the house, about 15 minutes into my walk i have to pee again. Everytime. So its frustrating. I normally do kickboxing, but i dont think that's safe to keep doing, and i don't even know where my heart rate should be. Does anyone have any advice? Please and thank you. *hugs*
February 3rd, 2012, 08:45 AM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
DO you have a treadmill or ellyptical?? I know it's boring to go on those because all you're looking at is a wall, but if you're in your own home, you can take a pee break.

I walk DD to school everyday. It's about 20 minutes round trip so I get about 40 minutes of walking time. We also have the ellyptical in the basement that I was using for a while, but I don't want to do it anymore til I hear bean's heartbeat and get the okay from my dr. That's only because I've had a previous mc though.

You can also do pilates or yoga.

February 3rd, 2012, 08:49 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Yeah, the bathroom thing is a kicker. It'll ease up in the second tri before it comes back in the third. What I do is run first thing in the morning. That way, my bladder is empty. I only take a couple of sips of water before going on my run. Is that an option for you? An empty bladder will definitely make it easier. Also, talk to your dr about the HR. There is a general recommendation, but my MW was not at all concerned about me following that. She said to keep running and as long as I could talk while running, I will be fine. So, that's what I do and I've done throughout my pregnancies. I would think that kickboxing would be ok as long as you're not taking it to such an intense level that talking would be impossible, KWIM? Also, just sip water throughout the workout to stay hydrated. Obviously, check with your dr, though. I know that it can make you a little more nervous about working out while pregnant. I was with my first, so my MW recommended this book: Exercising Through Your Pregnancy by Dr. Clapp. It was a wonderful book, and easy read, too. Not only will it ease your mind about exercising, it'll make you want to continue once you realize what the studies show! There's major health benefits to not just mom, but baby, too!!! Read the book if you can!

And one thing I want to add....I totally understand everyone wanting to feel comfortable about exercising and seeing the baby, etc. So do what YOU feel comfortable with there. But, my MW and DR have always assured me that exercise will NOT cause a M/C , nor will not exercising prevent one. Hopefully that can ease some people's mind about that. This was after I had a M/C with my first pregnancy. M/C are caused by the baby not being healthy, and especially in the early stages, it's nothing the mom did! Just a FYI!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 3rd, 2012, 09:00 AM
Super Mommy
I'll go get that book. Thanks! I've never taken a yoga class, that might be fun. I don't have a treadmill at home, but trying to go out early in the morning with an empty bladder is a great idea, so I'll try that tomorrow. I guess I should give my doc a call about the heart rate. Thanks for all of the advice girls! *hugs*
February 4th, 2012, 06:51 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
A call to your doc is a good idea, since he(she?) Wil be able to ease your fears more than anyone else. I know my doctor told me also that exercising won't cause a healthy bean to miscary. Well, he didn't use the word bean... haha.

The underlying guideline I have heard is to not let your core body temperature rise and to not exercise to the point where you can't talk.
February 4th, 2012, 11:13 AM
beginswithb's Avatar Veteran
My personal instructions were to not let my HR stay over 150 because it causes a rise in core temp. When I run, I get to 170 so that's out for me. I do hard cardio when I workout because I'm a fattie. I bought a prenatal video that has 15 min workouts and so far, I love it. I pair it with some prenatal yoga.
InnocentDevil likes this.

February 4th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Super Mommy
I think 15 to 30 minutes is where I need to keep it for now. 45 was too much. Thanks for the heart rate. I haven't called to ask my Dr. yet cuz its the weekend, and not an emergency. I'm gonna try yoga. I'll let u know how it goes.
February 4th, 2012, 03:20 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just do whatever feels comfortable. I think if you were doing it before you got pregnant, it's safe to carry on with your exercise program. I did taekwondo all through my pregnancy with my daughter 3 years ago (well, up until about 8 months, when I just ran out of breath too quickly). The Dr told me to avoid doing anything that could potentially cause you to fall so I let the instructor know I wouldn't be doing any of the jumping moves.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 5th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
online it says your heartrate shouldnt go over 140
February 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
My HR goes over the recommended amount too. But I go with how I'm feeling. I am been SO tied I have to take a nap before my Zumba classes! And I have had to cut down on running because I am so tied even after taking a shower I need a nap! lol I can't wait to get my energy back!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search