When are you going to announce your pregnancy to the world?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2012, 08:09 AM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
My husband was telling me that his mom's family is getting together this week for his grandparents anniversary and he wanted to know if his parents could tell everyone. I'm still not ready yet. I'd like to hear the heartbeat again.

At my next appt, I'll be 12 weeks. I'm pretty sure that after that appt, we'll let extended family and facebook friends know
February 5th, 2012, 08:21 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
So far most of our immediate family knows still need to tell FIL but we haven't seen him to tell him (his back is out so we can't take the boys there as he will just hurt himself more trying to play with them) I have an u/s on the 22nd so probably around then we will announce on fb.

oh I will be around 12weeks then too.
February 5th, 2012, 08:23 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still haven't told our parents yet. We had the opportunity to tell his parents last weekend, but it was still so early and his mom LOVES to gossip so we just didn't feel comfortable with it yet. My mom lives 2 hrs away and I wanted to tell her in person, so we will probably do that this coming weekend when they're in town! The rest of the world will learn about 12 weeks. So antsy for it to be sooner than that though!

February 5th, 2012, 08:58 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
By 20 weeks the fb announcement will be made. AFTER we tell our kids...
curlygirl77 likes this.

February 5th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now only DH and I know. We haven't told our children yet. I'm waiting to see or hear the heartbeat. My first appointment is Feb.9 and I'm not even sure what all is going to happen at that appointment. I'm hoping I will at least get to see or hear the hb then. I'm pretty much going to insist that I do if that isn't the doctor's plans! I'm hoping it isn't one of those appointments where you just talk to the nurse about pregnancy, lol. I should have asked more questions when i scheduled the appointment. However, pregnancy brain has me forgetting the simplest of things to remember. I think I will call tomorrow and ask if that will be part of my appointment.

Regardless, we will tell our children first, and everyone else afterwards.
February 5th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
our parents and siblings know, a few of my friends, but that's it. I've seen the heartbeat so I should be in the clear but I'm just not ready yet. I'll probably wait until 12 weeks when we have our next ultrasound (March 5).

It's honestly getting harder to hide my belly though. I can keep it off facebook but I don't know about people who see me IRL

February 5th, 2012, 09:34 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i told everyone.....wish i didnt but i have a big mouth

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

February 5th, 2012, 10:55 AM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
After my appointment o. The 21 and we see all is good. I will tell the grandparents then fb. I am not good at keeping my own secrets, lol.
February 5th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Super Mommy
We told our kids on Thursday. I wanted to wait a little longer BUT we wanted dh to be around when we told them and he was leaving to go out of town for 3 weeks. I then told my mom and was thinking that would be it for awhile BUT my mom posted it on her Facebook. I about died. I am still not ready to post it on my page or tell anyone other than super close family. Part of me wanted to get mad but honestly I am so glad she is excited so I am not gonna let it bother me to much.
February 5th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
My family knows and I put the to swear not to spill the beans. Till now they did a good job since I didn't get any calls from the rest of the family (thank God they don't have facebook ).
I have only 2 persons I need to inform, but I kinda run away from that. My bff's who are also struggling to get pregnant. I just got the idea deep in my head that they will be happy for us, no doubt about that, but it will also put pressure on them to hurry things up (as if they could). Thankfully the weather in our country is pretty bad so we agreed to see eachother when it's warmer. I will tell them then (that means at least 2-3 weeks from now).
I told my closest friends and my boss and that's all. The rest of the world will have to see my growing belly and draw the conclusion, cause I don't care about informing the world.

February 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have told a few close family members. We will tell everyone else after we hear the heartbeat so hopefully in the next week or so. I have my first appointment Feb 14 so hopefully if I haven't heard the hb with my doppler by then we'll hear it then

[
February 5th, 2012, 01:25 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have told a few close family members and a few friends. I go back to the doctor on February 20 and will tell everyone else then. My daughter we will tell after 20 weeks, she's just under 4 and I'm afraid the length of time will be too much for her to be patient.

February 5th, 2012, 01:28 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We told everyone after our second ultrasound last Wednesday. I was about 9 weeks.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

February 5th, 2012, 01:38 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pretty much everyone except my two uncles know. They don't do facebook and my parents are going to tell them right before I come back to visit in a few weeks.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
February 5th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My family and closest friends know, as well as some co-workers...won't be telling anyone else until 12 weeks though, I'm paranoid about something going wrong.
February 5th, 2012, 02:55 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
We will likely spread the news when we have a big family get together for my son's baptism in a month. We will have seen the hb by then and I'll be about 10.5 weeks along.

Facebook... I don't know, I may or may not wait on that.
February 5th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our families, close friends, and my coworkers know. I'm in a small office and if I'm not feeling well people notice! I haven't decided when we'll come out on FB yet.

February 5th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Everyone who hasn't been under a rock, knows we are pregnant lol.
February 5th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Super Mommy
Eh, I dunno. Neither of our families will be especially excited to hear the news, so I'm not really itching to tell them. I've told my two best friends and one other friend (she saw me puke and pretty much guessed, lol). I've been talking to friends at church about wanting a baby for a while now, so they will be excited for me. I would just tell them, but hardly anyone ever says anything before 12 weeks, so I'd feel kind of silly running in there at 8 weeks, lol.

I'll probably post a blurry black and white picture of a lima bean on my Facebook wall on the 20th, and see how many people figure it out.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 5th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea. I have a large family, so I can count on negative comments. I don't want to deal with it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search