How did everyone's significant other react

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Super Mommy
How did they take the news?
How did you tell them?

My DH guessed I was pregnant before I had a clue because I complained a couple of times about having bad taste in my mouth that wouldn't go away no matter how many times I brushed my teeth and it was making me sick at my stomach. Being pregnant had not crossed my mind at all. We went and got a test together came home and took it ( I couldn't even get him to stay out of bathroom for me to pos). We both had a little bit of shock but was super excited.
February 5th, 2012, 07:56 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
This fourth time around was HIS idea so he was over then moon.

February 5th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh was very happy!! We picked up a test at the store after I missed my period. It took all of about 3 seconds to show a positive
February 5th, 2012, 08:18 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We weren't trying but not preventing either. DH kind of wanted to wait until after our trip to the Dominican in April. I wasnt really thinking I was pregnant until the day after my period was supposed to come and my best friend said "I had a vision this week, are you pregnant???" I said no cause I really didn't think I was but she made me start obsessing over it and I just HAD to take a test. I about had a heart attack when it was positive! DH got home and I said "I have something to tell you..." He guessed immediately and gave me a kiss. At first it looked like he was borderline about to freak a little bit so I'm glad he came through with the sweetness!

February 5th, 2012, 08:37 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
We were done with 3, this is a surprise pregnancy, but DH has taken it very well.

February 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Super Mommy
My husband is still not talking to me. I pray every day he will come around.
February 5th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH didn't believe me..I took a test while he was at work and I texted him and told him he was going to be a daddy, (I just couldn't wait to tell him) he called me right away and was in major denial. haha, but when he came home I showed him the test and he was ecstatic, he wouldn't take his hand off of my belly for the entire day

February 5th, 2012, 09:08 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
DH: "Let's make a baby"
Me: "We already did."
DH: "I figured I knocked you up."

He is happy. He gets 2 months paid paternity leave at work (that he doesn't even need to use vacation or personal time to get!).

Last edited by JulieMc; February 5th, 2012 at 09:10 AM.
February 5th, 2012, 09:39 AM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
It was New Years Eve and I had a house full of people. I took a test just so I didn't feel guilty when I drank. I called my DH upstairs right after I saw the result and he was over the moon!
February 5th, 2012, 10:02 AM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
Dh did not give the reaction I wanted, but in fairness we had a misscarriage in Nov of last year so he was worried and didn't want to get attached to much. However, now he is beyond happy and loves talking to the baby.
February 5th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Super Mommy
I love reading all of your responses. I wish I had found a site like this with my other pregnancies. It isso wonderful having a group of people going through the same things I am.
February 5th, 2012, 11:26 AM
mrs.a's Avatar Kelly
I took the test and FREAKED OUT. I called my husband, sobbing like a baby, and he came home from work. He was so so happy, and that calmed be down a lot.

My little "Spartacus"

Please vote on my baby names! If it says "this list is set to private", just try hitting refresh. Thanks!
February 5th, 2012, 12:27 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Geoff is happy....we were actually trying this time!

February 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Quote:
Oh Gosh, that is so difficult. The last time I thought I was pregnant (hadn't taken a test yet, but it was looking quite possible) DH didn't talk much to me for a couple days, and looked like he was moody and brooding and didn't want to bring up the possible 'oops'

I think that time really helped prepare him for this, because he'd already gone through all the thoughts before and had decided to be better prepared and supportive.

I pray your husband will come around. You absolutely need support right now, even if DH isn't the one to give it. I'm glad you're here.

Even if he doesn't, it doesn't mean he won't love the child. My DH wasn't happy about any of my pregnancies really, and he loves our boys like crazy.

February 5th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Sigyl's Avatar Veteran
My hubby was happy, but not thrilled to tears like I was. When I told him I was pregnant for sure (we suspected it ahead of time) he like "oh yeah? Cool."

After it sank in he got more excited. He oo's and ah's over baby stuff as much as I do now.

February 5th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
We found out on Christmas morning, right as we were getting ready to go over to my parent's. I saw a very faint line on an IC and I ran and asked dh did he see anything. He didn't want to get to happy at first because it was so faint but he was happy. We were trying to get pregnant, so it wasn't a surprise
February 5th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain19Cash20 View Post
I'm so sorry!

My husband figured it out before I did. He's the reason I bought a test. He's really happy about it and hoping for another girl.

Michael(16), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(8), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(2), Ronan(1)
February 5th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the support girls. I trust that God is working on his heart. I know he will love the baby, my prayer is just that he will still love me too. He wasn't excited about either of the pregnancies before either, but was thrilled in the delivery room. He wasn't upset though, which I guess is what is so hard now. We had a perfect plan, and this just wasn't part of it. But I trust God will work it out. I'm praying it doesn't take 9 months for him to come around though. It's so hard not to be able to really be excited about it. I love him so much. I really miss him. I appreciate your prayers.
CaliMommy likes this.
February 5th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain19Cash20 View Post
Thanks for the support girls. I trust that God is working on his heart. I know he will love the baby, my prayer is just that he will still love me too. He wasn't excited about either of the pregnancies before either, but was thrilled in the delivery room. He wasn't upset though, which I guess is what is so hard now. We had a perfect plan, and this just wasn't part of it. But I trust God will work it out. I'm praying it doesn't take 9 months for him to come around though. It's so hard not to be able to really be excited about it. I love him so much. I really miss him. I appreciate your prayers.
I'll pray for God to soften his heart. Sometimes the best things in life aren't planned at all.
momma_d likes this.

Michael(16), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(8), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(2), Ronan(1)
February 6th, 2012, 05:25 AM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I had taken a test and it was negative and I was pretty upset because we were trying. A few days later, he was out doing some guy stuff with his friend workin on their snowmobiles and something told me to test so I did. It was positive that time!!

When he got home, he took a shower and when he got out I was wearing a shirt that said, "Knocked up by Tristan" and holding the test. He looked at me and said, "No you're not. Shut up!" LOL. Then he hugged me and told me that I better start eating better and lay off the caffeine.

With a previous miscarriage in September 2011, we were cautiously excited and still are, but more hopeful with each day that passes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search