Anyone else feel like this?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Super Mommy
I had my first ultrasound this morning (almost 9 weeks) and I had sort of thought in the back of my mind that I would make a FB announcement or something after this. Everything went great, saw the heartbeat, and we're very excited and happy, but I am just not really feeling the urge to announce anything. A few people outside of our family know, but otherwise, I sort of don't care to make an announcement. This is #3 for us, so maybe that's why, but it feels weird!
February 6th, 2012, 09:02 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not planning to make the FB announcement until after 12 weeks. For me, it just seems too soon, but I guess anytime could be too soon, really. I want to wait, at the very least until I am done with the first trimester. Everyone chooses to announce when they are ready. One of Geoff's family members announced and she wasn't even 7 weeks yet...that just seems so early to put it all out there. My concern is what if something happens....

February 6th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Super Mommy
I've known people to announce at 6-7 weeks, and others who wait until 16 weeks.. I think most people I know will finally stop saying "it's a secret, keep it on the DL" around 12 weeks, and that's when word of mouth spreads.

I have no idea when I'm going to announce it. I might after my ultrasound, and I might not. Part of me wants to enjoy the little Noob with my husband and not invite opinions of others too soon.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 6th, 2012, 10:10 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
We are having my friend take photos for a fun way of announcing it (shes a photographer) and using the photos to announce on fb but that won't be till the beginning of march when I am around 12 weeks and have had my first u/s thats on the 22nd.
February 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
We haven't made an official public announcement, but we're not keeping this pregnancy a secret, either. It's a personal decision about when you share, but I learned a lot after my m/c. We didn't tell anyone we were pregnant outside of family. I was almost 11weeks when we found out we m/c. I ended up having to talk about it regardless of not telling anyone. And, I almost felt alone, because my close friends didn't know what I was going through, and I wanted support and prayers, which I didn't have a lot of since we kept it quiet.

With our previous pregnancies, we haven't officially made announcements, like FB or anything, until 12 or so weeks, but we have told whoever and not really kept it quiet. It was an amazing feeling to know I had so much support and prayers, either way. They were praying for a healthy baby for us, too, and that meant so much, and I knew if I were to suffer another loss, that I'd have tons of prayers and support, as well.

Just my 2cents, of course, but I understand both angles. I think people just need to do what feels right for them. If a couple wants to announce early on, then so be it! I'll be praying for them and a healthy pregnancy and baby even sooner! However, I also understand people wanting their privacy and to keep it to themselves until they're comfortable.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 6th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm apprehensive about telling people this time around too. I thought I would feel different after we saw/heard the heartbeat but I'm still on the fence. Our close family and friends know but that's about it.

I too suffered a loss just weeks after we FB announced it and it was a hard thing to swallow. It's funny because I saw my aunt today and was "scared" to tell her. Don't ask me why, beacuse I'm definitely old enough and we're responsible parents but I still was. I did, of course but wow, it was weird!!

February 6th, 2012, 12:02 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Waiting til at least 12 weeks for the facebook announcement since that's when the risk of miscarriage drops drastically.

February 6th, 2012, 01:29 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to tell everyone immediately. After our two m/c, I'm a bit more reserved. I dont keep it from people necessarily but I don't announce it either. If I get through my next appt which will be at 13 weeks, then I'll probably make a FB announcement.
For me, even though I loved having the prayers and support, it hurt my heart to have to notify people that we'd had a miscarriage. And since we have a lot of kids it invited a lot of unwanted comments such as "well, at least you have ten!" or "maybe God is trying to tell you that you should be done."

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am waiting a while too. I have had three miscarriages and I just won't feel comfortable and confident for a while yet. I have told my mum, because she had to look after my kids one day when I went to the ER, and obviously she wanted to know what was wrong with me, but that's pretty much it. I am thinking maybe 20 weeks after the 'big' ultrasound, but perhaps not even then. It might be kind of fun to announce on fb the day of delivery, 'hey guys, btw I'm having a baby today'

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 6th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amf4976 View Post
I used to tell everyone immediately. After our two m/c, I'm a bit more reserved. I dont keep it from people necessarily but I don't announce it either. If I get through my next appt which will be at 13 weeks, then I'll probably make a FB announcement.
For me, even though I loved having the prayers and support, it hurt my heart to have to notify people that we'd had a miscarriage. And since we have a lot of kids it invited a lot of unwanted comments such as "well, at least you have ten!" or "maybe God is trying to tell you that you should be done."
I hope you stopped talking to those totally insensitive buffoons since then. What a horrible thing to say about someone, much less TO them!
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 6th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually just made a FB announcement . I'm 8 weeks. I agree that it's a very personal decision. I'm an open book, and if something happens, then I will definitely be reaching out for support. WE wanted to wait until after our ultrasound, since the risk for miscarriage goes down a lot after there is a heartbeat.

February 6th, 2012, 03:41 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Quote:
We haven't made an official public announcement, but we're not keeping this pregnancy a secret, either. It's a personal decision about when you share, but I learned a lot after my m/c. We didn't tell anyone we were pregnant outside of family. I was almost 11weeks when we found out we m/c. I ended up having to talk about it regardless of not telling anyone. And, I almost felt alone, because my close friends didn't know what I was going through, and I wanted support and prayers, which I didn't have a lot of since we kept it quiet.

With our previous pregnancies, we haven't officially made announcements, like FB or anything, until 12 or so weeks, but we have told whoever and not really kept it quiet. It was an amazing feeling to know I had so much support and prayers, either way. They were praying for a healthy baby for us, too, and that meant so much, and I knew if I were to suffer another loss, that I'd have tons of prayers and support, as well.

Just my 2cents, of course, but I understand both angles. I think people just need to do what feels right for them. If a couple wants to announce early on, then so be it! I'll be praying for them and a healthy pregnancy and baby even sooner! However, I also understand people wanting their privacy and to keep it to themselves until they're comfortable.
I can totally understand this viewpoint. I was so sad to tell my mom about my pregnancy, only to tell her I miscarried and needed a shoulder to cry on.

With this pregnancy I feel different because we thought we were done (well DH did), and hadn't made that any secret so people would stop asking us about having more. Now, I feel like if we miscarry it will start all the questions over again. No need to break my heart another time on this issue.
February 6th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I made the announcement on FB after my first u/s last Thursday. Most of my friends and family already knew. It's each person's individual choice. I totally suck at keeping secrets, and God forbid if anything did happen to my bean, I'd be surrounded by love and support.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search