Movement?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bettyearl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
When are you supposed to be able to start feeling movement? Has anyone felt something that may be baby?

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 6th, 2012, 09:55 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
It's just a bit too early... Soon.

February 6th, 2012, 09:57 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think last time I was about 16 weeks, maybe a bit later. I think with the first, you feel movement later than with subsequent pregnancies. I see this is your fourth baby though, so I'm sure you will feel movement before me. I hope I feel movement soon though, to make all the sickness worth it!

February 6th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Super Mommy
I've had "phantom kicks" since my third was born, and I still have them. Pretty sure it's either indigestion or my imagination, lol. I usually start feeling them around the beginning of the second trimester (so like 14-16 weeks).
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah it is still too early right now. There are a lot of twinges from the growing uterus that feel like movement but I'm 8 weeks and the baby is only the size of a kidney bean so nothing I can feel yet. I started feeling consistent movement between 13-14 weeks with my DD (so my third pregnancy) With my oldest DS I had an u/s done at 13 weeks because of bleeding and he was moving around so much but I couldn't feel a thing. It was funny to see him flipping all around in side me but not feel anything at all.

[
February 6th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I can't find my pregnancy book right now, but I swore it said you could start feeling the little flutters between 9-12 weeks. I could very well be wrong because I haven't even looked at the book in over 2 years.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 6th, 2012, 10:50 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
My MW said that if you've been pregnant, and are on the thin side, then you know what the flutters feel like and you can feel them as early as 9-ish weeks. She said it's not unusual if you've had a couple of pregnancies. They would be very faint this early, and super easy to miss, but not impossible! I thought I was crazy because I'd been feeling flutters with my youngest for a couple of weeks before my 12wk u/s. But, at the u/s, it was confirmed that it was, in fact, the baby flutters, because baby would jump and I'd feel it right where the he was and right when we saw him jump on the screen!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
I think I was about 18 weeks. I had no idea what it was. I actually had a guy tell me that it was the baby moving!
February 6th, 2012, 01:54 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
14 weeks was the earliest for me. It isn't until around 9 weeks that the baby actually starts moving. The nervous system is developing and making lots of involuntary movements. You probably wont feel anything till around 14-18 weeks. The best description I have heard for early flutters is like "popcorn popping" in your belly

Thanks*Sharon*for our beautiful siggy!

, , ,,,
February 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I feel mine usually about 20 weeks. I'm later than most because my uterus tips backwards I've been told. Also, last time I had huge amounts of amniotic fluid and I didn't feel much movement until the last 10 weeks.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 6th, 2012, 03:15 PM
mrs.a's Avatar Kelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaBee View Post
The best description I have heard for early flutters is like "popcorn popping" in your belly
Oh my goodness, I am SO EXCITED! Also, this description kinda makes me hungry.

My little "Spartacus"

Please vote on my baby names! If it says "this list is set to private", just try hitting refresh. Thanks!
February 6th, 2012, 03:45 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I felt my first around 14 weeks, my second around 12 and my 3rd around 10. It's like magic. When you feel it really early like that it is only tiny stuff and not very predictable. Just a touch here and here. A tiny pass of kicking feet - almost like a bubble rising along the inside of a fishbowl or something.
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

February 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Too early now. With #1 I first felt around 15 weeks. With #2 it was 12-13 weeks. I anticipate this one somewhere around late first trimester/early 2nd trimester.

February 6th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait to feel something this is my first so i am trying to be patient especially because i dont feel pregnant anymore my boobs have chilled out some they still hurt but they have chilled and other than that and being a little more hungry i have no symptoms. Lucky me i guess.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search