Pets

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Kaema's Avatar Kris
Send a message via AIM to Kaema Send a message via MSN to Kaema
What kind of menagerie do you share your life with? If no current pets, what would you like to have or plan to have in the future? Have your pets branched out into a hobby?

Thank you GraysMama for my gorgeous siggy!
February 6th, 2012, 12:36 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
We have two cats a 4.5 yr old male grey kitty named Hemi and a 9 month old Female who is a sand coloured tabby named Mya.
February 6th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Super Mommy
We have three dogs, who are currently outside during the day, weather permitting. I've never been an outside dog kind of person, but I just don't have the energy to clean the house when the dogs are permanent indoor residents. I'd feel more guilty about putting them out all day if they didn't start begging for it as soon as the sun comes up, lol.

We have an ancient golden retriever, a middle-aged dachshund, and a youngish boxer/pit bull looking dude (official breed mix unknown).
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 6th, 2012, 12:44 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we've got 2 labs, both older girls, 8 & 9. We did have a love bird, but she died a few years ago - I still miss her terribly. But she was old for a lovebird at 15 years.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 6th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Sigyl's Avatar Veteran
I am a licensed, hobby breeder of reptiles and exotics so I have quite a few pets.

I work with several species of snakes and lizards (dragons, geckos, etc) and the rodents and insects they consume.

Aside from my business dealing with critters, I also have 5 cats and a dog. Not a lot of help from the DH in all of this so I am now donning gloves and a surgical mask every time I clean a cage or spend a long time working with my animals.

I just hope our first child is an animal lover like me, I could use an assistant!
February 6th, 2012, 12:54 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have one dog, Oliver. He is going to be 4 years old and is a white havanese. We also have 2 cats, both under a year old, Glen and Oscar =)

Ashley
Ashley
February 6th, 2012, 01:07 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
We have two boxers. Jager (like Jagermeister) and Yola. I didn't name them... Tristan had them before I came along. LOL. They're almost 2 years old and they're my buddies. They follow me around EVERYWHERE!

Kelly also has a panda bear hamster named Oreo. He's a fat lil thing, but very friendly. And my brother got her a beta for Christmas... His name keeps changing so we just call it "the fish."

I had a cat, but Tristan is allergic so I had to let my mom keep her. I miss her.

Last edited by InnocentDevil; February 6th, 2012 at 01:09 PM.
February 6th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Super Mommy
We have a 7 1/2 year old chocolate lab and a 7 month old silver lab. They are awesome. They are the laziest labs you will ever meet. They are both very well trained so I am not even a little bit worried about them with a baby.
February 6th, 2012, 01:46 PM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
I happily have zero pets. I'm allergic to cats and I'm not a dog person.
February 6th, 2012, 01:50 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have 2 cats named Yoshi and Daisy, both under a year! They are our babies, I hope they do okay with the addition of another one! Love them!

February 6th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Super Mommy
We have two cats that we've had for ages. They aren't the most social animals! We adopted two shelter dogs at the same time nine years ago, and they were with us until the holidays this year. I have a hard time talking about it, but they both died very close together. The first had nasal cancer, and he died a couple of days after Thanksgiving. The other one was just so sad. He gave up. Then right after New Years, he lost all control of his rear legs and couldn't walk. The vet said it was neurological, and we said goodbye to him six weeks to the day later.
I don't think we'll be getting any more pets. Maybe a fish, but I don't have it in me right now to take on another dog.
February 6th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I have 3 cats: Roxy, Jasper, and Ashes. They are 8-10 years old. I also have a 10-year-old Shiba Inu/Shar Pei mix, Apache. He has some health issues and he costs me an arm and a leg, but he is the sweetest dog ever. My DH has a ginormous salt water fish tank (those are his pets - LoL).

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
February 6th, 2012, 05:47 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Two big dogs and three small cats.

February 6th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Kaema's Avatar Kris
Send a message via AIM to Kaema Send a message via MSN to Kaema
I have a pacman frog named Choji and am hoping to acquire a ball python at Repticon in May. We have two cats, Monster and Brutus. I have a shetland sheepdog named Lilly and a horse named Cajun ((co-own with my mum)). My passion for my animals has evolved into a hobby and a career.

For fun, I show dogs in conformation, agility ((the obstacle course)), obedience, rally and will be starting tracking soon. I specialize in handling Australian shepherds in the conformation ((like Westminster-type shows)), but have handled various breeds over the years. On the other end of the spectrum, I enjoy working with horses and specialize in more of a gentle horsemanship approach that can't really be credited to any one particular trainer or following. A bit of this and that and some of my own. I particularly enjoy fitting and training halter and showmanship horses and teaching riding lessons.

On a career front, I am a dog trainer by profession with an overall 14 years experience training and showing. I have been doing it professionally for the past 6 years and done extensive studies and continued education in canine behavior and nutrition. I am also almost finished with my equine sports massage certification which is something I have wanted to do since I was 16. Equine massage will be my primary income for the weeks after I have this baby, before I go back to work. Here in the near future, I may actually be able to quit my current job and work as the second stablehand at a friend's farm. My mum is the current barn manager and it is a business she and I have helped our friend put together since it was just a novel idea.

I'm very excited for DS to grow up. He is efinitely my child and loves our animals as much as I do. He adores his Lilly and whenever we go to the farm and I turn him loose he runs to each stall saying "hi baby" to the horses and ponies. I hope I have a little junior handler on my hands here and can't wait for his first horse show. Another year or so and I will be able to take him in a leadline class with him riding Cajun, a horse my mother and I have trained from a weanling ((Cajun will be 5 in May)). Life is good around here. <3

Thank you GraysMama for my gorgeous siggy!
February 6th, 2012, 07:40 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have an orange cat named Buddy. He's two and drives me insane! But we love him.

February 6th, 2012, 09:34 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have two dogs- a Boston Terrier and a French Bulldog. Love them to death, but it makes keeping the house clean difficult! DH has a bluegill he's been raising since it was tiny and I caught it last spring, and DS has a fish tank with 6 little balloon belly molly's.

I love horses. Love them. I had an off track thoroughbred (OTTB) named Jameson. He was such a sweet horse, and I loved him to death. He, unfortunately, had some very severe injuries from his past career flare back up, and I had to give him back to his previous owner. She owns her own farm and could provide him a forever home in the pasture, whereas I was paying $450+/month to board him. I miss that big guy like crazy. Two and a half more years until we're finished with residency, and I'll have another equine friend. That was my hobby. I loved riding- English. I'm not very good, but always liked a challenge, and when choosing b/w Western and English riding, English is definitely the challenge.

February 7th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have two dogs that we've had for a little over a year since the neighbor left them behind, and four cats ranging in age from 10-6 months old.

Obviously by the name you'd think I have reptiles, but we got out of the hobby about 5? months ago. We used to breed boas and feeder roaches also had the only reptile rescue in the area. Got out of it because like any rescue it doesn't pay AT.ALL. No one wanted to help out, and my husband and I were sick of it. Plus the market has gone to ****, and you're lucky if you make $100.00 profit after paying for gas driving to all the stupid little shows and paying for tables etc etc etc. Of course everyone wants their name associated with you though! So when you get a news article about your rescue they want their name in that! We've literally saved over 600.00 in JUST electric so far to give you an example of what we were spending. So anyway, I just need to change my name one of these days lol!

February 7th, 2012, 09:58 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a black and white kitty named Layla. It's Keira's cat but she follows me around everywhere and drives me nuts. We love her though. I feel bad lately bc she wants to lay all over me and I just feel to crappy to have her on me. But Keira makes up for it by acting like Elvira (sp?) form the Loony Tunes and tries to hug her and carry her all over the place.

All in all she's a good little kitty even though she drives me crazy sometimes.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 7th, 2012, 10:57 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have 3 dogs, all girls; 2 were mine and the 3rd is one that DH and I got together. They are definitely our babies
We have Tucker, a 10 yr old Rottweiler/Shepherd mix.
Chester is a 4 yr old Shepherd/Lab mix.
Baxter is a 1 yr old Shelti/Pomeranian mix.

We have no idea how they will be with a baby (this is #1 so they aren't around kids), but I think we will just be hoping for the best and preparing for the worst

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search