Ok seriously? The military is not helping with my raging hormones!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Super Mommy
I called today to get my first appt (I had to wait for the military to send me a referral to say I can see an OB and that took like 3 weeks!) and what was I told? That I am required to take a GROUP pregnancy class with a nurse before I can be seen by a doctor. Seriously? This will be my 4th baby (had a few m/c so not my 4th pregnancy) I think I know what I'm doing. Also, what could they possibly talk about for TWO HOURS? The class isn't until the 21st which means I will be 10 weeks and then I have to make an appt and I might not be seen for a few weeks after that. Thankfully I have a doppler so even if I don't get seen for awhile, I will know before then that my baby has a heartbeat! One thing that does suck is I don't think I'm as far along as they estimate based on LMP so it will be that much longer until I have an actual due date!

February 6th, 2012, 02:02 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've heard of this before, and I agree it totally sucks. I can sort of see it for first time parents but even then, I don't think it should be REQUIRED just maybe highly suggested. But for your fourth baby...come on. Who has two hours to devote to nonsense like that?

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 6th, 2012, 02:02 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG, i am a USAF wife and I have to take the same idiotic class this Wednesday before I can be seen! I have been pregnant 8 TIMES!! Lol. What can they possibly tell me that I don't already know? Just grit your teeth and try to get through it as best you can I guess

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 6th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
The class is mostly about tricare. They tell you what is covered and what isn't. I have had to do it twice. It was pretty stupid, but it didn't last the full two hours. They make sure to leave a lot of time to answer questions. The ones I went to they didn't really talk about pregnancy just more about the insurance.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 6th, 2012, 02:48 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so annoying! i would be irritated that it's required.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

February 6th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I feel your pain. USAF here but this time I am going off base for OB care, thank goodness. I had to take that class, "Group Orientation" with both kiddos and it is pointless IMO.
February 6th, 2012, 03:34 PM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
My DH is in the Army and we don't have to do that. I was in the Army when I had my son and I didn't have to do it back then either.
February 6th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Super Mommy
I was seen at military hospitals for my 2nd two and I didn't have to take the class before. Is Tricare different at stateside military hospitals? They covered everything at the one I went to in Japan. Why doesn't the military either give you a pamphlet or tell you there is an optional class to attend to find out about your pregnancy insurance options instead of making it mandatory before you can be seen... I mean come on. Oh and why is this class with a nurse if it's about insurance? I had to go to a nurse appt when I was first pregnant in Japan but they scheduled it early so you could still be seen around 10 weeks by an actual doctor.

February 6th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Your class my be different. Are you being seen at a military hospital for your pregnancy? With mine they did a tricare course because they have to send you out in town. They give you a list of what is approved, and what OBs are in the network. I'm sure if you are being seen at a military hospital things are different.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 6th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Yeah if she is being seen @ a military hospital, this class is going to go over what they do, how they do it, what classes they offer etc at the hospital. We didn't cover tricare since it was at the mil hospital.
February 6th, 2012, 06:06 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
That is frustrating sorry oyur having to go through all that and an extra wait on top of it all.
February 6th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Super Mommy
Wow that stinks. My husband is USMC and we never had to go through that with ours, but they was also born on military base so maybe that is why. Sorry your going through that, it sounds like a big pain.
February 6th, 2012, 08:53 PM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
What a pain! We've never had to do that either. That's such a bummer!!

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
February 7th, 2012, 05:01 AM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
My son wasn't born at a military hospital and there was no class for me to go through. I don't know if it was different because I was active duty but I've never heard of anyone taking a tricare class. I thought they covered everything.

I'm going to request to have my baby off-post because I like the other hospital better. I hope they don't make me take a class for that.
February 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh bummer! I remember the girls that were military in my 08 DDC complaining about a lot of stuff like this! Such a bummer that the families serving have to jump through so many hoops!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search