Tell your story

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Super Mommy
Ok Moms out there, share with us your stories of your water breaking with your previous pregnancies.

My 1st pregnancy my water broke while laying in bed reading 6 WEEKS EARLY. I thought maybe I had peed but I had a continuose little leak going on. I woke up my hubs and called my dr. Who told me to come on in. I had a feeling she was coming so I had everything packed and the house totally ready. Go to hospital they text my fluid and sure enough, it was my water. She was born 21 hours later. My other pregnancies my water broke during delivery.

I can't wait to read your stories.
February 8th, 2012, 06:09 AM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
My contractions were getting closer, so I went to be examined to see if I could be admitted. My midwife told me to keep walking and that I should be ready in about an hour and a half.

She told me to get dressed and as she said that, my water broke. She told me to go to Labor & Delivery when I couldn't walk or talk through the contractions. I got as far as the parking lot and fell to my knees. We walked right back in.
February 8th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
With my first my water broke in bed. I woke my dh up, and he asked if I had peed the bed. LOL!
With my second my water broke in bed again. This time my dh knew what was happening.
With my third I was sitting on my couch felt the pop, and some leaking. I was 7 weeks early, so we went straight to the hospital. They said my water didn't break, and they sent me home. Right after I went to sleep my water broke in my bed again. When I called the on call Dr to tell him I was going in he told me that I had just peed the bed. Hah. So freaking funny. When I got into the hospital they confirmed that my water broke.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 8th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Super Mommy
With my first, I was 10 cm and ready to push. The doctor broke my water and DD was born 16 minutes later. With my second, I was 6 cm dilated and not in active labor (Did you know that could happen? I didn't.) I really, really didn't want to have my baby on the side of the road, and home birth is not for me, so I was induced. I went from 6 to 10 cm within an hour of the midwife breaking my water.
I don't know what I would do if my water broke at home. That would be so strange to me!
February 8th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
I went into pre-term labour and after 26 hours of trying to stop it my water broke in the hospital bed. Little man was delivered via c-section 20 minutes later.

February 8th, 2012, 06:51 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with my first, the doctor did AROM, there was no fluid.

with my second, when I got to the hospital my water was intact, a few hours later the M/W wanted to break it to see if I'd progress faster, but when she checked my water had already broken and no one noticed.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 8th, 2012, 06:59 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With oldest I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. It was three days before my due date. I went to the bathroom and got back in bed. About a minute later I still felt like I needed to go more so I got back up sat on the toilet and liquid just kept coming out and I couldn't stop it. I waited until it slowed and then stood up and more leaked out. Told DH that I was pretty sure my water broke. We waited a few more house before heading to the hospital. It would be pretty slow when I was sitting down then would gush when I stood up and even with pads my pants were soaking by the time we got to the hospital (so embarrassing)

With my last two I was induced for different reasons and they broke my water in the hospital to start the induction process.

[
February 8th, 2012, 07:16 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I was laying on the couch while preggo with my first. I felt a pop and instinctively stood right up and it gushed all over the floor. Called my MW, went to the hospital and proceeded to labor for 30 hours with any pain medication and on pitocin until I got stuck for hours and hours at 5cm. Had to have a section. He was not engaged when my water broke, and apparently , he fell into engagement in a very crooked position and was too big to move into proper positioning (combined with my hips being too close together, they think). I feel so bad that my little guy was stuck in such an uncomfortable position for that long!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 8th, 2012, 08:12 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was induced. Probably six hours prior to me giving birth, the doctor broke my water. I won't lie, it was such an odd feeling. But, contractions were much more intense after and definitely sped the process along!

February 8th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was induced at 38 weeks because I had very low fluid but I was already 4-5 cm on my own so it was only 3.5 hours from start to finish! I'm hoping for a fast labor this time around too

February 8th, 2012, 08:51 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went into labor at 37 weeks to the day.

They broke my waters in the hospital to help speed things along and I personally thought it was the most disgusting thing! I had a TON of fluid and I remember feeling it just completely soak everything. It was everywhere. Even the Dr. Kept saying he wasn't expecting that much fluid! Once they did that I remember everytime I would laugh or move more would gush out. Not my favorite moment of labor lol.

Up until then my contractions just felt like mild period cramps, and then after I could feel them very strong and I could feel when they were peaking and dipping and ordered my epi!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 8th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
My baby was already gone but my body refused to let go. So they had to induce the labor, something that lasted from 8 AM to 5 AM next morning. So I'm drawing the not so nice conclusion maybe I will get stuck in labor this time around for long hours too. Hopefully the joy of finally holding my healthy baby will make up for the AWFULLLL labor pains. Maybe I get lucky and pop him/her right away

February 8th, 2012, 12:48 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
My baby was already gone but my body refused to let go. So they had to induce the labor, something that lasted from 8 AM to 5 AM next morning. So I'm drawing the not so nice conclusion maybe I will get stuck in labor this time around for long hours too. Hopefully the joy of finally holding my healthy baby will make up for the AWFULLLL labor pains. Maybe I get lucky and pop him/her right away
Wow... I am so sorry about that.... I can't even imagine what that must have been like to go through. you must be an incredibly, incredibly strong woman...
Bobb likes this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
child 1 - overdue by 11 days and induced. Midwife broke my water about an hour into labour.

child 2 - overdue by 11 days (again) and induced (again!). Dr broke my water right before baby started crowning!

child 3 - went into labour at 38 weeks. Water never broke. I think I remember a lot gushing out after the baby was born, so I think the fluid was all trapped behind him and he decended so fast.

child 4 - went into labour 1 day after due date. Rushed to hospital as contractions went from 0 - unbearable in about 10 minutes. 20 minute ride to the hospital and my water broke about 10 minutes away. We arrived and she pretty much shot out as they were having my husband fill out paperwork in the waiting area. They didn't believe me when I was telling them that the baby was coming NOW lol.

I have no clue what to expect this time, all my experiences have been so different!

ETA:

Bobb, I just read your reply. I am so sorry you had to go through that. I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly this time and that holding that precious little bubba will help heal your heart a little bit.
Bobb likes this.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

Last edited by curlygirl77; February 8th, 2012 at 03:37 PM.
February 8th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Mine never did! I was rather disappointed haha.
February 8th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby 1- overdue, PIH induced water broken by dr. 9 hr labor
Baby 2- 39 weeks, PIH induced water broken by dr. 6 hr labor
Baby 3-38 weeks, induced water broken by dr 4 hr labor
Baby 4-38 weeks, induced water broken by dr 4 hr labor
Baby 5- Changed dr's because I didn't want to be induced...water broken after I got to hospital 2 hr labor
Baby 6-Major PIH, Spent some time in hospital, got to 37 weeks induced, baby didn't want to come out water broken by dr.. 7 hr labor.
February 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Buttercups's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At 39 weeks it didn't really break...just started trickling. I thought I was peeing on myself! LOL. After 20 minutes or so I wound up standing in the bathtub because it was leaking so much and that's when I knew.
I was expecting a one-time gush, but it didn't happen like that.

February 8th, 2012, 05:12 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I have always had to have mine broken, same with my mom and sisters. We must have really tough bags! I am praying that will save me from having a freeway baby!

And I am so so sorry for your loss, bobb. It will absolutely be a different feeling pushing out that happy, healthy baby. it is so worth it and you are right, when you get to hold your healthy newborn it makes all the labor wort it!
February 8th, 2012, 05:57 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Always had mine broken. DD1 was induced at 36 weeks, labored on pit for 60 hours, became saturated on and off again. broke my waters then labored another almost 24 hours. They wanted to do a section because the waters had been broken so long so I got an epidural but ended up crowning and delivering vaginally in wait. DD2 induced at 35 weeks 12 hours of pit broke the waters and delivered 6 hours later. I hope this baby is easier!!

, ,,,,,,
February 9th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Super Mommy
Always had mine broken. My first two were inductions, and my water was broken to speed things along. My third was a natural onset, but my water was still broken when I was at 8cm for 2.5 hours (after taking only 5 hours to go from 0-8).
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search