Childbirth...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does the thought of it scare you?

If so, What are you nervous about?

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 8th, 2012, 09:27 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It does. I've done it once, and the unknown scares me. Having a c-section scares me. Something happening to my baby scares me. I'm just nervous about the whole process, I guess.

But, when they lay the baby on my chest and he/she is crying...that's the most amazing thing EVER!

February 8th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Parker'sMommy's Avatar Veteran
Not at all. I am actually excited!! That is what I keep thinking about the most...how I want to do it differently and now I know a little what to expect.

*************Thank you to Claire1979 for my awesome siggy!!**************

February 8th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I'm a little nervous. I wasn't scared at all with DD until they told me it was time to push! That part scared me bc I had no idea what to expect and it all seemed so surreal.

I'm nervous about the pain again and basically the unexpected. Plus, we have moved, and I worked in the hospital I delivered in last time and knew all the policies, etc. Here I'm a little nervous about delivering somewhere new. I think I will actually have to go on a hospital tour this time!

February 8th, 2012, 09:40 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so excited!!!

I was on such a high after my all natural VBAC with Nathan, I can't wait to do it again!!!

I am absolutely terrified of ending up in another c/s, and the thought of another c/s with general anesthesia is horrifying. And the nightmare have started for me.

But, I am trying to not worry about that. The circumstances that brought me to that outcome aren't going to happen again because I am more educated now. And I will do everything to avoid another c/s.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 8th, 2012, 09:44 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Not at all. It is the most natural thing and my body knows what to do.

(My advice it to take different birth classes and educate yourself as much as possible on the subject. Fear comes from the 'unknown.' Arm yourself with knowledge and you'll be grand.)

February 8th, 2012, 09:52 AM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
I had to stop watching "A Baby Story" because some of the women freaked me out. I'm not ready to think about what labor is going to feel like.

When my water broke with my son, I started to cry because I knew that the pain I had been feeling was about to get a lot worse!
February 8th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Not at all! I am so excited!!1 The only thing I am nervous about is having preterm labor again. I agree that the more you educate yourself the less nervous you will be.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 8th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not scared at all. I had an emergency c-section last time and this time I will have a scheduled c...the emergency c was fine so I'm guessing the scheduled one will be even better! I might be a diva and have my make-up and hair all done so I will look decent for the pics afterward lol
February 8th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just want to get to that point and I'm ready LOL

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
February 8th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCgirl View Post
(My advice it to take different birth classes and educate yourself as much as possible on the subject. Fear comes from the 'unknown.' Arm yourself with knowledge and you'll be grand.)

Yes that is true, but no matter how much knowledge you have sometimes unexpected things happen and that is what I'm talking about, not so much unknown as things that I can't control.
Kierasmom likes this.

February 8th, 2012, 11:46 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never been overly nervous or scared about giving birth but this time is different. With my DD I ended up with a partially retained placenta and a really bad nurse who didn't realize what was happening until I had lost a lot of blood and I had to be rushed into surgery when my baby was just a couple hours old. It was pretty traumatic for me and it makes me anxious to think about it possibly happening again.

[
February 8th, 2012, 12:03 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not really nervous about the giving birth part, but I am a little worried about getting to the hospital on time. We barely made it last time and i ended up having my daughter in the waiting area! I was in labour for less than an hour. So yes, that aspect does scare me. I am also terrified at the idea of having a c section. i had an epidural twice with previous births and they didn't take at all, so I am wondering if I'm one of those people that just doesn't go numb at all So I am concerned that i would need to be under general anesthesia for a section if it was needed and that is not a happy thought.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

Last edited by curlygirl77; February 8th, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
February 8th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
When I was a ftm, it sort of scared me a little just because I didn't know what would happen. I went through 3 days of labor, induction and my son was in the birth canal but then progress stopped - so that ended up in an emergency c-section. With my dd, she was a repeat and this one will also be a c-section (my last!) and although it's not child birth in the traditional sense, it still scares me because anytime you have surgery, things can go wrong.
February 8th, 2012, 03:58 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Not scared of the birth, just having it start at a convenient time, ha! I am also a quick laborer and my closest hospital is 45 min away.
February 8th, 2012, 04:12 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Nope. I'm actually excited! I can't wait. Natural birth was amazing and so much better than my first experience, which was an induction with pitocin.

I am, however, nervous about making it to the hospital in time. Last time labor lasted 3 hours. I am 40 min from the hospital. So...I have to know when it's time to go or I'll be having it at home or in the car..lol.

February 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
Birth it's self does not scare me. I know I can handle it, even though it is crazy painful. I am afraid of complications to the baby (I'm diabetic, so high risk) and I am super scared of c-sections. They are just so gross.

February 8th, 2012, 05:26 PM
mrs.a's Avatar Kelly
I am SCARED! The thought of all this stretching and ripping and blood and pain.... Oh dear.

My little "Spartacus"

Please vote on my baby names! If it says "this list is set to private", just try hitting refresh. Thanks!
February 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm more afraid of the end of pregnancy than the delivery. I always have very complicated pregnancies and I don't expect this one to be any different. it gives me huge anxiety just thinking ahead. As far as delivery even tho all mine were pit inductions the part that I dislike is knowing my baby will be taken to a nursery again. the last hospital we used did EVERYTHING in room! It was incredible! Sadly my MFM doesn't work with that hospital anymore and I really feel the best thing for my health and the health of this baby is the best prenatal care possible so we're going with DD1's hospital where I know she'll go to a nursery for all her labs and tests etc. and that makes me sad

, ,,,,,,
February 8th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I'm excited. Giving birth is powerful and amazing. It's my favorite part of pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search