Newborn "Staples"

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 09:27 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BTDT Moms: What are your newborn MUST HAVES that you will be sure to keep stocked once baby is here?

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 8th, 2012, 09:43 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lots and lots of burp cloths or the cheap cloth diapers - wear em on both shoulders and have them stashed everywhere!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 8th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Super Mommy
Mostly just diapers and wipes. It stinks to have to run out for that in the early days.
February 8th, 2012, 10:00 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
swaddling blankets
it would have been nice to have mini frig for the bedroom with premade bottles when my son was waking 10-20 times a night. It would still be nice to have it now because how much it wakes ranges from 2-8 times a night.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
February 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hmmm My list is:
Onsies
Swaddle blankets
Diapers
Wipes
Soft Jammies! Nothing better than newborn snuggles in soft little jammies!
CaliMommy and d_tops like this.

February 8th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Super Mommy
You guys are adorable! And this list is really helping me so please keep it going!!

February 8th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Super Mommy
I Must have soft sweet baby gowns. My girls stayed in those for the 1st couple of months. They are so much easier than dealing with all the snaps and they are so sweet.
bettyearl and YumPickles like this.
February 8th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepp_Ann View Post
I Must have soft sweet baby gowns. My girls stayed in those for the 1st couple of months. They are so much easier than dealing with all the snaps and they are so sweet.
OMG how did I forget to leave those off of my list! I have a whole collection of them! LOVE them!

February 8th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Buttercups's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lots of comfy, comfy sleepers. My daughter was dressed in jeans, adorable dresses, and name brands most of the time ALWAYS with a matching headband.
Baby #2 will be a lot more comfortable and I'll be a lot less stressed. I probably won't let it wear anything but jammies for the first 6 months. LOL.
bettyearl likes this.

February 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Lots of clothes (they puke alot...at least mine did anyways), diapers, wipes, and boobs. Not much else needed!

February 8th, 2012, 04:44 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
laundry detergent (amazing how much laundry one baby can make)

Groceries (it is amazingly hard to keep up with grocery shopping in the weeks after a baby is born) especially easy prep meals (freezer meals, spaghetti)

Coffee (trust me it is a necessity for me with a newborn and toddlers - Mine rarely all nap at the same time so you can nap)

[
February 8th, 2012, 04:45 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the receiving blankets. We used them as burp cloths and even sheets! My girls were both reflux babies and spit ALLL the time. it is such a PITA to change sheets on a bassinet every 2 hours so instead I would just tightly wrap and tuck a receiving blanket around the pad and voila an easy rip off and replace sheet <3 I also loved the baby Gowns. However I hated that they would scrunch up during the night and freeze little footies (because lets face it no baby keeps socks on) so I just stitched a small piece of velcro to the bottom of each so it stayed shut
bettyearl likes this.
February 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
mrs.a's Avatar Kelly
How many outfits would you ladies recommend per size/age range? Do you think that I would need more that 2 weeks worth of clothes for the first 3 months? I am so clueless about how to be a mom!

My little "Spartacus"

Please vote on my baby names! If it says "this list is set to private", just try hitting refresh. Thanks!
February 8th, 2012, 06:23 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
great advide ladies! your helping me out so much! and i agree with Kelly's question!

February 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do laundry every 2-3 days and have about 10-12 sleepers and a few nicer outfits but for the first few months my kids spend about 90% of their time in sleepers (unless we are going out somewhere special or doing pictures)

[
February 8th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Korona utter cream for diaper rash and chapped nipples.

February 8th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Buttercups's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftsfromGod View Post

Groceries (it is amazingly hard to keep up with grocery shopping in the weeks after a baby is born) especially easy prep meals (freezer meals, spaghetti)
I forgot about this! Thanks for the reminder. I will have more freezer meals ready this time around.

February 8th, 2012, 08:52 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
My babies have been vastly different from each other in the amount of clothes they went through. With my first I swear we went through 5 or more outfits, blankets and sheets every single day. Plus my own clothes that he spit up on alll over. He had colic and was just so so spitty. Almost everything came back up and man, oh man, the exploding pooop!

With my last, though I would actually change him (wow!) when we got to a new day! I used cloth diapers with him for the first time and it made a world of difference (for the better) in the number of blow-out diapers.

#1 thing- a MOBY wrap! You can use them the second they are born, even if they are on the small side. They take a bit of getting used to but if you have a fussy baby they are a life saver for the first several months.

Honestly, though, newborns just don't require very much. I would have any baby medicines that you might need on hand, because without fail babies get sick at inconvenient times.

A baby monitor is nice to have, also I used saline drops to help my babies get buggers out of their nose, especially if they had a cold. You put in a drop and often they will just sneeze them out. Helps them breathe better, which is essential for nursing.

Lots of simple little outfits and thin blankets right at first, since it will still be pretty warm outside here. I liked my snuggopottomus? sp? which was a velcro-on blanket thing that keeps babies all wrapped up even if they kick around a lot.

And, for nursing moms, get yourself some lanolin (Lansinoh is has the mildest taste).

I liked having a little baby seat thing - not a carseat, but one of those little close-to-the-ground deals that has a 2-point harness at the crotch. Sometimes they have toys that hang down from a bar.

Swings can be awesome, or not that helpful - but you just won't know until you get to know your baby!
February 9th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Super Mommy
I don't cloth diaper, but I prefer cloth wipes for those super sensitive little newborn tushies. I just use baby wash cloths from Walmart (the ones hanging by the diapers, in packs of 4 or 5) and warm water. I use small prefolds (cheap usually, but I used to cloth diaper so I've still got nice prefolds) as burp cloths.

My babies spend a lot of time is sleepers, onesies, and just a diaper. I don't even bother buying socks, lol. At least one swaddling blanket is super handy, too.

That's pretty much it for me!

And how many clothes you want to have depends on how often you want to do laundry. With five people in the house, I take a load to the laundromat at least twice a week, so I really only need enough baby clothes and blankets to last that long.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 9th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
lots of great advice, first time mom hear also so I'm taking notes! i was just wondering is there a master list on the web somewhere for everything you will need. I'm so afraid i will forget something. I'm already shopping great deals I find and some used stuff at garage sales I can't pass up, and thats really the fun part for me, getting great deals, and ive noticed this stuff ads up really quick to alot of money! lol Pulled my sewing machine out also and having fun with that. I'm gonna do cloth diapers and breast feed, I already have the cloth diapers, I got 2 systems in case since this my first rodeo, Im just so excited and watching a baby story just about everyday I waited 10 years for a baby! so this is just something i thought would never happen. and I thank god everyday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search