Speaking of hospital/Dr choices...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By momma_d
  • 1 Post By JulieMc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 02:02 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I realized that the last hospital I looked at was for the OLD Dr. I had picked out. I just checked out the hospital I'll be birthing at (granted everything goes well with this new Doc) and it is AWESOME. The birthing suites are all private (as they should be... but I've heard crazy stories...) and they are HUGE. They even have a sleeping area for Daddy in the room (our last hossy just had this uncomfortable chair/couchish thing for him to sleep on in each room). They are a very "mother-friendly" in terms of the birth itself and they are voted the best place to have a baby by one of the local mom magazines that I'm familiar with. They also offer hydrotherapy and waterbirth. I don't want a water birth but I love the option of laboring for a while in one of the birth tubs ( I was offered it with DD but never ended up doing it) I am now feeling MUCH much better about the "unknown" hospital! In fact, this hospital is WAY better than the first hospital I birthed at! Whew!

Okay thanks for listening. That is all. <--Dorky me
CaliMommy likes this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 8th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Veteran
Niiice!

My new hospital choice is much newer and nicer than my original choice, but yours sounds like a super sweet hotel!
February 8th, 2012, 03:44 PM
beginswithb's Avatar Veteran
You may not want to leave right away! That sounds so cool!

February 8th, 2012, 04:15 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Yay!

I'm using the same one I used with my 2nd. It was soo much better than my first. It's awesome. Almost like a hotel. The tub is awesome..built-in..looks like a big ol' jacuzzi. That was amazing. They even do food like hotels and when you call the number they answer "room service"...haha..loved that part..they had amazing food and I could order as much as I wanted, whenever I wanted.
momma_d likes this.

February 8th, 2012, 05:43 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Danielle, I'm so stinkin jealous!!!!

I am in a weird situation. I absolutely LOVE my midwife. We have become good friends over the past few years. We sometimes go out to eat together after my appointments (or just randomly). She is amazing and is very good about accomodating my wishes and wants for my pregnancy and during birth. That being said, that respect runs both ways, and so if there is something I want that she is not comfortable with, then she says No and I comply with her wishes. I trust her enough that I know she knows what I want and she won't say no without good reason.

However, I strongly DISLIKE the hospital I deliver at. It's the only one she delivers in though, so basically it works like this: I tolerate the 48 hours in the hospital in order to be cared for prenatally and delivered by someone I love and trust and have a friendship with. Barring some crazy family emergency, I don't have to worry about her not being on call when I deliver...I know she'd come in for me even if it weren't her "call day". Also, she stays with me throught as much of the labor as she can. Of course this depends on when I am in labor...if it were in the middle of a day she has office hours then she couldn't sit with me through the labor part, but if she isn't at the office, she does. Last time, it happend that she was on call and a couple other ladies were also laboring and they had significant complications so she wasn't able to sit with me as long as she would have otherwise but normally, if its' possible, she does.
The hospital, I really don't like though. It's decorated nice and pretty...but the policies of the labor/delivery ward are set up for staff convience rather than whats best for mother and baby. Although I was blessed with really good nurses last time around...so maybe I'll get lucky again!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 8th, 2012, 05:47 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Wow! That's awesome news, Danielle!!!! I hope it all works out with the new dr and your delivery is a great one that allows you to enjoy all those nice amenities available to you.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search