Are you having a c-section?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
This is not a debate and there really shouldn't be any drama. So with that said, how many are having a repeat c-section?

This will be my 3rd c-section and my last. I can't say I will miss them lol. I've had one traumatizing c-s and one perfectly smooth c-s, hoping this one will be the same as the 2nd.
February 8th, 2012, 02:59 PM
4th and final C-section. My first was forced, my 2nd was supposed to be a vbac but it didn't work out. now because of scarring i have to have them. My first baby was my only vaginal birth. He weighed ten pounds...way too big for little bitty me.
February 8th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Super Mommy
This will be my 3rd c-section. My first was great, 2nd sucked, and I'm hoping this one goes well.
February 8th, 2012, 03:34 PM
beginswithb's Avatar Veteran
My doctor said I am good to go for a VBAC so fingers crossed on that! My DD was an emergency c/s at 25 weeks so not a very good experience.

February 8th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Regular
This will be my 4th c-section I am considering getting my tubes tied but I am only 26 and thats so permenant I dont know I am open to opinions though
February 8th, 2012, 03:52 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first was a c/s, and so far I have been lucky enough to not have a repeat. So I am aiming for my second VBAC

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM
mrs.a's Avatar Kelly
Do they cut through stomach muscle? How long does it take to heal? The thought of a c-section is really frightening to me.

My little "Spartacus"

Please vote on my baby names! If it says "this list is set to private", just try hitting refresh. Thanks!
February 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am hoping for my fourth successful VBAC. I had a C-section in 2006 b/c Baby"A" of my twinset was breech. I opted for VBAC's after that. I know it's a personal decision..for me VBAC was definately the way to go, but I get that for others it's not.
I am hoping for ALL of us that our births will go smoothly- vaginal or C section.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
EJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going natural. Not doing c-section if I can help it.
~ Expecting our rainbow baby September 7, 2012 - grew wings on 1/27/2012

Please do not mention anything from the JM board on my Facebook page
February 8th, 2012, 05:37 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I am having my 4th repeat section! No choice here, as no one in my area does VBACs, however, I was told that my hips are really narrow for the size babies I've had, so even if VBACs were available, I wouldn't be a good candidate and would still need a repeat. They recoveries aren't so bad. My first was the worst because I'd labored for 30 hours beforehand.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 8th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I am not scheduling a c-section. My last was an emergency c-section. If I have to have another c-section then I will, but I hope that I can avoid that.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 8th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I hope those that want a vbac get them! That is the best case scenario

Kelly - The recovery really depends on the person. Some have a really bad recovery time while others have a quick smooth one. But it is major abdominal surgery, so you are going to feel it.

Bashas3 - Have you thought about the mirena/IUD instead of anything permanent?
mrs.a likes this.
February 8th, 2012, 06:51 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
My first was a vaginal birth. I am scared to death of having a c-section. Obviously, I'd do it if I needed to, but hoping for another vaginal birth this time. A c-section is major suergery so the risk are greater and the healing time is longer so I hear. .. scary stuff to me.
3Sapphires likes this.

February 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a c-section in 2009, so it's possible I will need another if complications arise. I'm hoping for my 2nd VBAC.

February 8th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first was an emergency c-section, this one will be a scheduled... It sucks that I had to have a c-section in the first place, but I only want 2 kids total so I'm not nervous about having another one (if I wanted more kids I would try for a vbac).
February 8th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
First one was an emergency c-section and I actually forgot to ask if because of that I will need one this time. But standard practice here is once you have had one you'll always have to. Some doctors are willing to try VBAC but by far the most aren't.

I honestly don't care, as long as the wee one gets safely out into the world.

February 9th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Veteran
This will be our 3rd (repeat) csection. I labored for far too long with first DD (my pelvic bones dont open wide enough even though I prog. to complete), ended up having an emerg. section; with our 2nd, knowing about my condition, we did a repeat. IMO, the 2nd was sooooo much easier to recover from, as I knew what to expect. I also worked out my entire pg, as opposed to my first, and I think that made all the difference
February 9th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Super Mommy
I've had a vaginal birth, a C-section, and a VBAC (which is really just another vaginal birth with a fun acronym). I know I was a rare case, but the recovery from my C-section was actually a lot easier than the recovery from my first vaginal birth. That first birth had a lot of vaginal trauma, and it was weeks before I could sit down without wanting to cry, and I developed some sort of uterine infection that just made everything harder.

After the C-section, I was feeling a lot better by the time I left the hospital - I didn't even fill my prescrption for pain meds, and just took Aleve - and even that wasn't needed after the first seven days post surgery. The day after I left the hospital I went to a birthday party for a friend's kid, and was perfectly comfortable sitting on the floor (and getting back up again).

So when it came time to choose my method of delivery for number 3, I really considered a C-section, just because the recovery was SO MUCH easier. I'm still not entirely sure why I chose the VBAC, but I'm glad I did because that birth was my easiest recovery yet.

I'm going to assume that I'm getting a VBAC this time. I won't schedule a C-section under any circumstances, but I will have one if it's needed.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 9th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBeachSomewhere View Post

After the C-section, I was feeling a lot better by the time I left the hospital - I didn't even fill my prescrption for pain meds, and just took Aleve - and even that wasn't needed after the first seven days post surgery. The day after I left the hospital I went to a birthday party for a friend's kid, and was perfectly comfortable sitting on the floor (and getting back up again).

Same here!! And I'm a weanie for pain!! I started refusing some of the pain meds in the hospital (I think vicodin or something? I still took ibuprofen) and my doctor told me to take all of them, but I really didn't need them! Like it felt sore, but like slightly sore and I didn't mind it because it reminded me to not jar the injury, you know?
February 9th, 2012, 07:50 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
they threatened me with a section after I pushed for an hour and a half with DD, but the nurse woudln't let me lay on my side and I kept telling them I needed to be on my side to push, I could just feel it. So when they threatened me, I told them to go fly a kite bc I wasn't having one. LoL. At that point the nurse finally agreed with me to lay on my side, and lo and behold DD was born 20 minutes later.

I would have a section if it was really necessary but I really just felt like my nurse sucked! LOL.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search