If you have a planned pregnancy... how easy was it for you to conceive?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 02:41 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering. My brother and his fiancee are going to be trying soon and they are worried as they keep reading statistics that it takes the average healthy couple up to a year to conceive. I am extremely lucky, we were able to conceive all of our babies very quickly when we decided to TTC. My mum was also able to get pregnant easily. My aunt however, tried for years and years and ended up having to have IVF several times before they got a baby.

So how long did it take you?

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 8th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
This was a planned one. I have fertility issues. We began ttc in Nov 2010 and then took a break in June 2010, started back in Aug on clomid and conceived in Dec 2011.
February 8th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Super Mommy
We've had no problems at all. My first two pregnancies were "semi-planned." We got pregnant both times the first time we stopped being careful. This time was planned and we also got pregnant the first time trying.
February 8th, 2012, 03:27 PM
beginswithb's Avatar Veteran
Four years total for baby #2.

February 8th, 2012, 03:55 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we started ttc when my period returned at 5 months post partum. It took me 14 months to get pregnant, then I lost that baby.

It took 18 more months for me to get pregnant with this baby.

my first took 5 years, my second took 12 months of ttc.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 8th, 2012, 04:00 PM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
My first one was a cinch. This one we started seeing a fertility doctor in 2009.
February 8th, 2012, 04:11 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got pregnant the first month we were "trying" - I think it was 1 of 3 possible nights!

February 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't ovulating the first 14 months of TTC and went to an RE about a year ago. My first round of Clomid was in November-I O'd but we didn't conceive. My second Clomid cycle we used preseed to and here I am!

February 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is our first pregnancy and was planned. We started TTC in september 2011 and we got our BFP on the 5th cycle of TTC. We did take the 4th cycle off so it actually to 4 cycles. Thankfully we were able to concieve somewhat quickley.

February 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
My husband and I joke that he just has to look at me with his glasses off and I get pregnant. Both of my pregnancies were not planned, but I really think it's all pretty random. Some people get knocked up on the first try (or even the first non try like us, oops!) some take ages.

February 8th, 2012, 04:52 PM
WNDYERC08's Avatar Member
We are very lucky and concived first time trying.
Natasha 2/00
Scott 10/18
Samantha 11/29
Killian 5/08
Lorelei 10/09
edd 9/22/12
February 8th, 2012, 05:28 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first was a total surprise. My second was a NTNP I only had 2 cycles after my PP AF since I was BFing and I KNEW I was pregnant. Unfortunately my body wouldn't admit to it had a pelvic exam and blood BETA that was NEG and TWO days later got a positive urine <3 This pregnancy I hadn't gotten a PP/AF from a m/c in May so I went on progesterone to get a bleed. I had 1 cycle where I tracked, temped, OPKs, the works! And EVERYTHING looked positive but AF arrived. After that DH and I decided to take a few months off to get through the holidays we had one night of oops and got my BFP the day before christmas eve <3

, ,,,,,,
February 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Our first three where all planned, and they were literally first cycle TTC babies. This one took quite a bit longer, 7 cycles of TTC and a HSG before I got knocked up! DH has diabetes and he had a period where his levels were bad for a while, and it affected his fertility, unfortunately. But, getting his blood sugar under control again, cutting out caffeine, and starting on an awesome multi helped a ton!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 8th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
With my first it took two months. With my second my dh has just got back from deployment, and I got my bfp 2 weeks after he got home. With my third we started ttc in Jan I had a m/c in April, another m/c in june, and finally in October I got pregnant with my ds. With this one we had been ntnp since late July, and our first cycle of ttc I got my bfp.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
All pregnancies were planned, and we conceived on the first cycle each time. I feel guilty knowing that other women tried for months or years.

February 8th, 2012, 06:29 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
We decided to start trying in August and I got pregnant right away, but miscarried in October. My doctor gave me the go ahead to continue trying so we did and now I'm 7 weeks. So about 4-5 months for a successful pregnancy.

Last edited by InnocentDevil; February 8th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
February 8th, 2012, 08:40 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
First pregnancy (ended in miscarriage) took 9 cycles.
Second was instantaneous,
third was about the 4th cycle,
Fourth (ended in miscarriage) took just a couple cycles if I remember correctly
Fifth - instantaneous
Sixth - (this one) total surprise!

I too, feel guilty that is has been so easy for us to get pregnant. I mean, don't get me wrong - I'm so thankful!! But my heart goes out to everyone who struggles. My two best friends struggle with infertility and I am hesitant to tell them about this baby because I don't want them to feel worse about themselves.
February 8th, 2012, 10:28 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first was my b/c baby (Nuvaring), then I had an ectopic loss in May 2010 while using Mirena. Removed the IUD in Sept, NTNP but kind of keeping track of when I would ovulate (not scientifically, just with a phone app), and here we are.

February 9th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've been trying for baby nr 2 for a while. It took us a few months to concieve in November 2010, then we lost that baby at 16 weeks. Since March 2011 we've been trying on and off and had a chemical pregnancy in early November and then this one in December. I took femara and dhea this last cycle.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
February 9th, 2012, 07:13 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
First one was NTNP and that took about 5 months. Second one I got pregnant when my first was 6 months old, got AF when baby was 3 months..so 3 months of NTNP. Third pregnancy (ended in m/c) I didn't get knocked up til baby #2 was 10 months...we NTNP for most of that time, TTC the last month and conceived successfully. I didn't get AF back til baby was 6 months, and was EBF the entire time. This pregnancy, came 1 month after my miscarriage finally completed and we TTC. So, I guess when we actually TRY it only takes a month or two...but when we just go about our lives and DTD whenever we feel like it rather than timing it, it takes longer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search