Gamer Moms?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Sigyl's Avatar Veteran
My DH is a World of Warcraft junkie. So, in order to spend time with my man, I too became a gamer. Ipso facto, our baby is destined to be a mini-raider.

Anyone else out there play a game?

February 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Super Mommy
I am a Harvest Moon/Elder Scrolls fanatic. But, I could never get into WoW. D:

February 8th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Me and my fiance are playing diablo II getting ready for diablo III to come out.

February 8th, 2012, 06:54 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I played WoW for a minute but the teeny tiny text and 3d graphics messed with my eyes (I'm legally blind).

We have the wii and we plan on splurging on a XBox-360 with taxes.

February 8th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
Gamer family here too

Neither of use has ever tried Wow, boatloads of other mmo's though and I used to be a staunch The Sims fan lol. Kenny is currently mad for Minecraft and both hubby and I are neck deep in Skyrim.

February 9th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
sigyl what server and faction are ya'll hubby is a freak about wow n plays like 12 hrs a day, and he and a friend runs there own guild. They are on illidun however u spell it and horde. they r always looking for new pp to run with.
February 9th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Super Mommy
We played WoW up until recently, when our whole guild switched to Star Wars, lol. I had stopped playing WoW a while ago, because our youngest required an hour long bedtime routine RIGHT at raid time, and by the time she was over this stage they'd changed my character so much I didn't know how to play anymore and was way behind in gear, so I just quit playing. My husband and all our guild mates kept going for a while, then bailed for Star Wars when it came out. I can't manage to get into Star Wars with them, so I feel really out of the loop. Oh well, that's what Facebook is for, right?!

We had a pretty successful raiding guild in WoW, at least on our lame server. Horde side on Ravencrest. My husband was the GM. =) Now I think he's the GM for Star Wars too, but I'm not positive. No one else wanted to lead in WoW, and that probably didn't change.

Now I just play Skyrim, all alone.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 9th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I play on the xbox 360. Right now I am into Skyrim. I love love love that game. I am also a huge Fable fan. I also really like Doom 3, but it isn't compatible with the 360, so I don't play that anymore. My dh is a pretty big gamer. We don't play any online games, but I did play Eve for a bit when I had a free trial. I really liked it, but didn't want to pay the monthly fee.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 9th, 2012, 08:05 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not a gamer, but my DH is =) He played WoW for the longest time and is now impatiently waiting for Diablo 3 to come out!!

Ashley
Ashley
February 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
I play Runescape even though I haven't really played since October. It's the only game I took too.

February 10th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
For the Hordeeeee !
WoW junkies here too, but on a European server. And we have our guild, DH is GM and is super addicted. I am a noob, only social player, questing and going for silly achivs, gathering companions & mounts etc. I get scared of raids/duels/ganking, anything that involves drama I listen to the guys while raiding, though, it's relaxing and always tons of laughs DH is tauren druid and I'm BElock. I wonder what race/class is going to be out of our combination

February 10th, 2012, 05:49 AM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
I still have my WoW account (I got suckered in on that 1 year subscription deal for free diablo 3) but I rarely play. I don't think I've logged in for a few weeks. I was a big raider for BC and the very start of WotLK, but then guilds fell apart, friends left, and I pretty much stopped playing other than a month here or there.

I love love MMOs though, and I've played a bunch of them. City of Heroes/Villains was awesome, champions online, DC Universe, Conan, etc. Been thinking about trying out the new star wars one.

February 10th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Dee
We had a WoW phase, it was a lot of fun. I was terrible at raids, though, so I mostly just built and sold stuff at the auction house to make money for my guild while they raided stuff. I haven't played in a couple of years, and miss it sometimes because it was a lot of fun, but we don't have another game that's taken its place.
May 30th, 2012, 09:40 AM
RoseRed92's Avatar Veteran
My boyfriend was (before we had to sell the XBox and most of the games for a surprise bill) neck deep in Skyrim, so I had to learn to love it to spend any time with him. =P Ended up loving it. I also had to learn to love Fallout 3 (not so hard to love) and Oblivion (tons of fun!).

He had also started teaching me how to play Magic: the Gathering before I made him quit. Was spending $100+ on cards per month... Bit extreme with a baby on the way.
May 30th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Veteran
We're gamers in a more traditional sense. We collect board games and have friends over a few times a month for big group game nights. We want to eventually open up a board game restaurant.

DH is also a video gamer, but I'm not. I like to watch him play though. I just don't possess the dexterity topush all the buttons as fast as I'd need to. (When I try my carpel tunnel flairs up)
May 30th, 2012, 09:02 PM
RoseRed92's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyqueen View Post
We're gamers in a more traditional sense. We collect board games and have friends over a few times a month for big group game nights. We want to eventually open up a board game restaurant.

DH is also a video gamer, but I'm not. I like to watch him play though. I just don't possess the dexterity topush all the buttons as fast as I'd need to. (When I try my carpel tunnel flairs up)
I enjoyed the video games, but really, I didn't have the dexterity either. I have arthritis in my knuckles and playing those games seriously messed with my thumbs... And I kinda need those to text and crochet, so I played very suckishly, but enjoyed the graphics. =P

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search