Since we're jumping the gun anyway... Who would you want to be with you 4 delivery?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 09:06 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I'm not sure this time who I want with me. Last time (when I was separated from DH) I had a real old-fashioned set up with my mom, my 2 sisters, 2 best friends and doula. Also my then 5yr old son. It was kind of a party. I loved it, though this time I think will be pretty different. We don't live near anybody anymore and with my quick labors I think we'll be lucky to have the doctor witness the birth.
February 9th, 2012, 04:28 AM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
I'll definitely have my DH and maybe my sister. My mom will fly down as soon as she finds out that I'm in labor. Not sure if she will make it.
February 9th, 2012, 04:38 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just DH. I loved that last time it was just, me, dh, my midwife and a nurse. I hope the same this time.

with my first I was knocked out, so dh wasn't allowed in the O.R. and I have no idea who was in the room...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 9th, 2012, 06:32 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
If I was able to have a natural birth, I'd have the party aspect, too....pretty much any of my family that wants in could be there. But, since I have to have a repeat section, it'll just be DH and I with my MW, Dr, and nurses. It's kinda cool, though, being just DH and I getting to share the first moments after with our baby. I do wish sometimes my mom and dad could be in there, too, but I can't dwell over that since it's not possible.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 9th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Super Mommy
Just my husband. My mom doesn't travel and my sister works, and we're on the Outs with most of DH's family. *shrug* I prefer it to be small, since the nurses never seem to realize that just because people are in the room watching TV with me doesn't mean they want to see my hoo-ha. With my first it was my husband, my sister, my mom, and his mom. Nurse walked in and was like "time to check your cervix!" and ripped the blanket off. I was like "HELLO!"
LovesTheRain likes this.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 9th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Super Mommy
Dh for sure and I'm not sure if I want to just keep it us or invite my mom or even my mom and best friend. I have done it both and I kinda think the most special was with just me and the dh. I guess I need to make up my mind.
February 9th, 2012, 07:08 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
My husband will be there, my midwife, and whatever nurses are there. Labor isn't social hour for me. It's all about business. So if you're in the room with me you're going to be bored off your *** cuz I won't be talking to you. Plus, no one needs to see me like that...so there are no invitations extended to the big event.

February 9th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Dee
My uncle has a rule: If you weren't there to make the baby, unless you have a medical degree, you can't be there to catch the baby. It makes me laugh whenever he says it.

I didn't realize how many people invite other family members and friends in! I've heard about that at home births, but I didn't realize it was so common in a medical setting.

For me: my husband, midwife, then nurses, etc. It's our first, so I don't know what I'll be like during delivery, but I don't want friends and family in there to find out.
mommysoon and Bobb like this.
February 9th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Veteran
I was going to just have my DH, but I'm getting the feeling that he might bail out of the delivery room if it gets to be too much. He's tough as nails, but he gets freaked out by blood- specifically mine! So, my sister will most likely be there too!

No one else though.
February 9th, 2012, 07:41 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I believe I am going to have DH and my sister.. She is a nurse, so it will be nice to have her with me

Ashley
Ashley
February 9th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Kaema's Avatar Kris
Send a message via AIM to Kaema Send a message via MSN to Kaema
I'm one of those types who does not want to have to entertain the peanut gallery while I'm trying to have a baby. Especially since I wasn't able to get my natural birth last time and I know of a few factors that were missing. I want that natural birth even more this time around. SO is the only one I want in there. After baby is born and SO and I get at least an hour of privacy for our own photos and bonding, then I will entertain the idea of guests. With DS, SO and I had our privacy and I liked it like that. My mum and brother were the only ones to come see me about 2 hours after I had DS and they stayed for a bit and then went home. It does help deter the peanut gallery that I'm delivering almost an hour away. That hospital is worth the drive!

Thank you GraysMama for my gorgeous siggy!
February 9th, 2012, 08:19 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With DD, I only wanted DH with me (plus Dr & nurses of course). This time will be the same thing, but if DH's family is here for the delivery I probably wouldn't care if his mom and sisters were in the room. My mom would be welcome too, but she has already decided she's coming after the baby is born and things have settled down. We live very far away from everyone so chances are everyone will be here AFTER the baby is born.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 9th, 2012, 08:35 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone have experience with inviting their mom in and not MIL? I would really like my mom and DH in there with me but I feel like my MIL will be insulted. I guess I won't worry about it, it's my body and my delivery!

February 9th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashley8 View Post
Does anyone have experience with inviting their mom in and not MIL? I would really like my mom and DH in there with me but I feel like my MIL will be insulted. I guess I won't worry about it, it's my body and my delivery!
my MIL wasn't invited and she seemed ok with that. I had DH, my mom and sister there. With Bella, I could only have 3 people in there but they changed the policy to allow 4...I still think I'm sticking with my 3

my MIL has two daughters so she is able to experience those births. I'm not a fan of everyone all up in my personal business if you know what I mean

February 9th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Super Mommy
I've only ever had DH in the room. It's important to me that it's just us. We'll never get those first moments back, and we'll have to share our kids with the world for the rest of our lives. ;-)
If you had other family in the room, was it a 100% joint decision or did dad agree because it's what you wanted?
February 9th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
It will be DH, my mom, and my BFF.

My DH can't stand the sight of blood, fluids, etc. so he'll just be up by my head not looking "down there." I'm still trying to convince him to cut the umbilical cord, his comment is "that's what we pay the doctor for." He gets queasy even talking about it.

My mom will be a great support. And my BFF will keep things light-hearted, and I was there when her daughter was born too.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
February 9th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
On my first delivery, I had my mom and DH with me the whole day, but when I had to go in the actual delivery room, I left them outside. I don't think I want DH besides me right then, but maybe the idea will grow on me. I'm scared to have my mom with me, she can get really emotional and I don't want her to faint. My whole family will be right outside the door, ready to intercept the baby

My MIL?? NEVER!!! I hate her, I don't want to see her ^%^*&# face that day (or any day ).

February 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just my husband.

February 9th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I will have my best friend and acting doula, possibly my other best friend who served as doula last time. My husband, of course.

February 9th, 2012, 01:00 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just DH...my mom tried to walk in while I was pushing with my 1st and I screamed at the nurses to get her out of there! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search