1st OB appt today! *update post 1*

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2012, 04:05 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies!

I have my first appt with the OB today! The 2 ultrasounds were with my RE so I'm hoping they still give me an ultrasound at this appointment so I can have that peace of mind

I'm kind of nervous though because I have no idea what to expect and I'm worried I won't like the OBs at the practice (I've only dealt with the gynos there...)

Wish me luck! I can't wait to update later!

-----------
Update:

That was the most useless appointment ever. I didn't even talk to a doctor, just one of the nurses and it was ONLY going over information I either already know or don't need until later, and family history. Lame. I'm so pissed that I wasted time there and I still have to go back next week for the "physical" part. Ugh

And on top of that, they don't do ultrasounds at the first appointment unless it's deemed "medically necessary". That's stupid. Ugh I'm just not in a good mood I hope the next appointment is better and they at least get out the flipping Doppler.

Last edited by DaniM0820; February 9th, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
February 9th, 2012, 05:46 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good luck! I hope you like them!!!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 9th, 2012, 05:51 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sure that everything will go great!! Good luck and I will watch out for the update

Ashley
Ashley
February 9th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Good luck and KUP!
February 9th, 2012, 06:38 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
GL!!!! Can't wait for an update!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 9th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Super Mommy
Good luck. KUP
February 9th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Hope everything goes well!

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
February 9th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went for my first OB visit on Tuesday and had the same thing. The only thing besides talking was bloodwork. They are bringing me back next week as well for a U/S and physical.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
February 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that was pretty standard for all the other offices I visited. They sent me elsewhere for a u/s, and didn't even try the doppler till 12 weeks.

I was pleased this office did the u/s in house, but I don't think it is very standard.

the first paperwork appointment is such a pain.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
my first OB was lame too...just my medical history, taking BP and weight and giving me info, my bloodwork scripts, etc. My dr office only doesn't "medically necessary" ultrasounds too...

They should bust out the doppler next time, you'll be 10 weeks and able to hear the heartbeat. I don't go back for my next appt (with the dr this time) until 11.5 weeks (2/29) and I'm expecting the doppler then too.

Sorry it wasn't as eventful as you were hoping...

February 9th, 2012, 12:42 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah unfortunately I think thats pretty common in first appointments! Its always good to go in with an open mind bc every Dr. is different from that aspect! I do think its a waste of everyone's time to do a consult and then make you come in the next week for an exam. They would be better off just making it one long appointment.

I hope you get a more eventful appointment next week when you are there!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 9th, 2012, 12:55 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. At least I know what to expect for the next pregnancy and wil try and schedule both appointments on th same day. I don't understand why they make you go twice to all the initial crap. It's not like we don't already have to go there a bunch of times.
I'm still annoyed but at least the nurse practitioner I see next week is pretty good

February 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
they usually do some blood work at your first apt and use the next one to go over the results since it takes time to get the results back im using a military hospital but thats what they told me the week 10 apt will be physical exam and test results. then 12 week u/s but i think will be 13 weeks then actually, but they dont listen to you.

oh i bought my own doppler its a Sonoline B you can get it on EBAy or amazon for about 54. it comes with the gel too. I got mine in today and am having wo much fun with it and its reassuring to hear the heartbeat to make sure everythgins ok, ,you can get one of those!
February 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my first appointment today too with basically the same results. Very disappointing! I'm looking forward to my appointment next week.
February 9th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's strange, I got an ultrasound my first appointment! & my OB examined me, and I was only 7W 5D.

February 9th, 2012, 04:30 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Every dr is different! My MW does do an u/s the first appt, but some like to wait until the 12wk appt for the first, and then there's some who won't do one at all until 20wk unless they think it's necessary! The consults do suck, but even with this being my 4th, I still have to go through it again...the good thing is they schedule it after you've had your first appt, so you know what it is and you schedule it closer to your 12wk visit. I suppose they're useful for some, but a lot of the info is common sense, and you could just fill out the medical history form and all the needed family info and turn it in to them, you know? Oh, well what can you do? So sorry it wasn't what you expected, but I hope you like your dr when you finally get to meet them! I wouldn't be scared to ask them to use the dopplar if you want. Tell them that you know they may not hear anything before 12wks, but you'd like them to try since you're not getting an U/S.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 9th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry it was disappointing.

February 9th, 2012, 07:26 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry about the disappointment!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search