So sick

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Super Mommy
Anyone else notice that all it seems to take is one morning of not getting anything in your stomach to make you extra sick for the next couple of days. I really got to find something to help my stomach in the morning. I am sick all day but the morning is always the worst. I know we have talked about different snacks and stuff, but my question is do you have a food you have sitting and waiting for you as soon as you wake up? I always had a green sour plum with my others but you can't find them anywhere this time of year and I have found nothing else that is working.
February 10th, 2012, 06:00 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm so sorry you're so sick! I can empathize with you, too. I was like you with my boys. I could eat first thing in the morning and be ok the rest of the day. I would only get nauseous if I tried to skip a meal or go to long between them. With this one, unfortunately, it just doesn't matter if or when I eat, I feel, and often get, sick regardless.

What may work, if you need it right out of the bed, are some saltines, goldfish, etc with some ginger ale or water waiting? The saltiness may help settle your stomach. If it's the sourness that seems to make your nausea ease up, maybe a lemon to suck on when you wake up? Sour Jacks candy or something like that. I wish I had some more advice. I hope you find something that works soon.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 10th, 2012, 06:28 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My staple food in the morning is a toasted half of a bagel. It is filling and not too much food. I am finding if I overeat or skip meals, I feel sick. Hopefully, you find something that works for you soon. Feel better!!

Ashley
Ashley
February 12th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Ive been doing crackers and water with lemon before I get out of bed. What seems to be the best though is the weekend when my husband can bring me oatmeal. good luck!
February 12th, 2012, 03:24 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I haven't been as sick with this pregnancy, but I always kept graham crackers or almonds and water on my nightstand. I ate some right before I brushed my teeth at night, whenever I got up in the night to pee and first thing in the morning before getting out of bed. It did seem to help, a little.

So sorry you are very sick!
February 14th, 2012, 09:21 AM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been sooo sick! I'm at the point where I'm not eating as much as I should be because everything is making me sick. The only things I seem to eat are crackers, fruit, some veggies, and maybe a hard boiled egg. Anything that has a smell or a strong taste makes me sick and I cant eat it. I never had this with the 1st!

February 14th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah, my nausea is the worst if I wait to long before eating. If you think about it, if you eat dinner at 7 PM and then don't wake up until 7 AM that's 12 hours of no food for Bean.

I eat something right before I go to sleep (like 11:30 PM) usually a yogurt and a piece of toast or something. And then right when I wake up at 7 AM I eat a granola bar or some Wheat Thins just to get something in my stomach before I get up and start moving around.

I hope you find something that works for you!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search