1st Appointment

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By palmetto_moon
  • 1 Post By momma_d

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Super Mommy
Had my very first appointment today that I have been looking forward to what feels like forever. Well now I feel like it was all for nothing. No u/s and they did not even try to listen to the heart. They said with me only being 9 weeks it was too early for either one. So none of my worries have been put to rest at all. Oh and then they could not even draw blood today because i am too dehydrated. So i just got poked for awhile before they gave up and said i will have to come back in for it because of my dehydration. They did however change my medicine so i am hoping it will work and help me fet over the m/s. I have to go back in almost 2 weeks for them to draw blood and do the u/s. On a good note, I did like the midwife I saw today and the ladies that work there seem very friendly. They was very good to get me in and out quick. I really liked my old dr. But the hospital they deliver at is too far away. I think this office will work well but I am still super disappointed with the lack of getting stuff done today.
February 10th, 2012, 11:54 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
To early for an ultrasound! That doesn't make any sense. I understand that not all offices do early u/s without a medical indication, but its not "too early." They should have at least been honest and up front about their reasons.

I am glad you liked the midwife...that's important! I hope your next appt is more productive and that you get the reassurance you want! You should be able to get a good hb next time!
Stepp_Ann likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 10th, 2012, 11:57 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well the positive part is that you liked everyone! Its very common for first appointments to go like that and I actually think its pretty rare to get your u/s at an office visit. I know we would all love that though! I hope your next appointment is much more eventful!
3Sapphires likes this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I can understand if it's not their standard practice to give U/S at the first appt; many dr's just don't. But, to tell you it's too early at 9wks is absolutely not true. My 9wk U/S was very smooth. Uterus, baby, and HB, were VERY easily found. Now, yes, most drs won't even try the dopplar to listen for the HB until at least 12wks, because they don't want the moms getting worried if they can't find it, because it is hard to find on some women before about 12wks.

So sorry it wasn't what you thought it'd be!!! Danielle's right, though. The good portion is that you liked everyone. Hope these next 2 weeks fly by for you!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 10th, 2012, 01:18 PM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
I agree with everyone else - "too early" is not the reason they should have given you. I had my first u/s at what I'd calculated (by my LMP) to be my 9th wk. I ended up being only 8 wks 1 day, but they easily found baby and heartbeat even that early.

I also know that different doctors have different practices. With my first pregnancy, they did an u/s in the office right away before I even talked to a nurse or doctor. I was 5 wks 6 days and there was plenty to see...they could even almost see a heartbeat. We moved to a new city after we lost that pregnancy and at my new OB, they had me talk to a nurse and fill out paperwork at my "1st" appt and then a few weeks later I went back for the real 1st appt (with u/s, internal exam, and bloodwork).

How disappointing for you, though! I know I was super-nervous until I finally saw the little bean. Here's hoping they get you back in for your u/s soon!
February 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry it didn't go how you expected it. I agree that it seems ridiculous to tell you it was too early. Glad you like the midwife and staff!

February 10th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry it didn't go as you had hoped!

February 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry you didn't get your fears eased!! But a huge positive is that you liked everybody! Next time I'm sure you'll have an awesome appt next time!

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
February 11th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks guys for the encouraging words. Sorry I sounded like a big baby, I was just very disappointed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search