BTDT Moms Question #1

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AmyT
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By Repti.Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Parker'sMommy's Avatar Veteran
Is there an item that you are wanting or thinking about splurging on this pregnancy/child that you didn't have for previous pregnancies/children?

I want a video monitor sooooo bad. There are so many times I wish I had one with my DS. Unfortunately, when I was pregnant I was dead set on the monitor that comes with a movement sensor because I was so paranoid about SIDS. So I passed on the video monitor and got the sound monitor with movement sensor. Then, when I moved DS into nursery we never set up the movement sensor because we didn't know how to set up the sensitivity of the pad and I was paranoid the alarm would keep sounding and wake up the baby. I was so exhausted I never wanted to try it and have the possibility he would wake up.

*************Thank you to Claire1979 for my awesome siggy!!**************

February 10th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
An arms reach cosleeper, if I can find a good priced one. I've thought of video monitor too, also one where you can talk to them through it. And a good bouncy seat. We gave both of ours away.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
February 10th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a video monitor, I love it! Ditto about the arms reach cosleeper, I am splurging this time. My daughter ended up sleeping with me in bed and never slept in a crib...I think the arms reach cosleeper will make it easier to transition to a crib.
February 10th, 2012, 07:11 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I WILL have a good breast pump this time. I think I could have kept breastfeeding a lot longer with DD if I had had a good pump.

My mom just told me the other day that she wants to get me a video monitor for the babies
Stepp_Ann likes this.

February 10th, 2012, 07:24 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never had a wrap or sling, and I really want one this time
InnocentDevil likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 10th, 2012, 07:25 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I am thinking about the co-sleeper... our bassinet is shot, so I need a replacement..and I'm thinking the co-sleeper might be better for us.

Like Daffodil...my daughter refuses the crib and sleeps in our bed...it's going to be a rough transition. I don't know if that's why she refuses the crib, but am hoping we won't have the same issue with this baby. My son never had issues sleeping in a crib and wasn't so addicted to sleeping in our bed. I hope the co-sleeper will help avoid the extended desire to sleep in our bed. (I'll for sure room share for at least a year, but I would like to have at least some of the night alone in bed)...

February 10th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I moved my daughter onto a mattress on the floor in her own room a month and a half ago,,when she turned 18 months. It actually went pretty well! She woke up a ton in the beginning, but now she is USUALLY pretty good...I do have to go in there once in awhile (or more if she is sick) but I'm sleeping way better...of course, having the video monitor helps as well. I turn the video part off but if I hear her, I sneak a glance at what is going on.
February 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now that you mention it i think i would really like a video monitor but am not sure we'll actually end up splurging on one. We already plan to get a bed (its like a bassinett except inclined upwards) so baby will sleep in our room.

February 10th, 2012, 10:51 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
I moved my daughter onto a mattress on the floor in her own room a month and a half ago,,when she turned 18 months. It actually went pretty well! She woke up a ton in the beginning, but now she is USUALLY pretty good...I do have to go in there once in awhile (or more if she is sick) but I'm sleeping way better...of course, having the video monitor helps as well. I turn the video part off but if I hear her, I sneak a glance at what is going on.
I'm thinking of doing that, or a toddler bed.

February 10th, 2012, 11:09 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll probably find an Arms reach co-sleeper. I had an Amby bed with DS, but I sold it after we moved him out. I was paranoid with it.

February 11th, 2012, 11:00 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to buy my own breast pump to have for myself and use with future babies. I used SILs which is nice, but I want my own this time!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE my video monitor. In fact, I was just looking for an extra camera to go with it and I can't find one (I could kick myself for not buying it several months back when I saw it). I may end up buying a new one with two cameras. Bella will be 3 but we literally use it everynight so I can see what she's doing after we put her to bed (and during nap times)

I will probably buy the rock and play basinett thingy. Bella slept SO much better in an upright position so that would probably make life easier

February 11th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

That ^
InnocentDevil likes this.

February 11th, 2012, 12:27 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've seen those at Target, and thought about it instead of a cosleeper.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search