My mom is SO annoying!!!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By palmetto_moon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2012, 07:35 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So when we told our families about the twins a week ago I warned them that just because there were 2 didn't mean we would deliver 2. I tried explaining that a lot can happen and there is always a chance at losing 1 (or both). We have another appointment next week and we are hoping to get to see our beans again. Well my mom goes and talks to my sister (who is a dr) and then calls and proceeds to tell me about EVERY SINGLE possible thing that could go wrong it this pregnancy. UGH! I told her I wasn't even thinking about it I was just relaxing until I got to go back to the dr and confirm everything again. I seriously had to tell her that like 3 times...then I heard my dad in the back ground tell my mom to give it a rest. THIS is the exact reason I didn't want to tell my family so early, but we couldn't tell his family and not mine or they would have flipped out. And the reality is for over 3 weeks I did spot and bleed, but the dr assured me everything was still ok up to last week. Gah, my mom is so annoying!

February 10th, 2012, 09:43 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't even go down that road or you will drive yourself insane. With my twins, I worried constantly until around 20 weeks that we'd go in for an appt and only one hb would be found...but our twins were fine and I'm sure yours will be too! Try not to let anyone surround you with worry or doubt, your own mind will do enough of that! Just focus on the wonderful gift you have inside of you and how miraculous it is! Try to enjoy the journey...it's a really crazy one, but SO worth it!
JulieMc likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 11th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Super Mommy
Good lord, your mother sounds just like my mom would. Chin up and don't
let it bother you.
February 11th, 2012, 03:33 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww... moms should be for comforting, not worrying! I hope she lets up soon and you can relax like you want to!

February 11th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Dee
That would make me crazy! It sounds like your dad is (literally) a voice of reason, though, so hopefully he'll keep her in check so you can just worry about yourself and not try to have to reassure her all the time, too.
February 11th, 2012, 08:37 AM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
Do you feel your mom was just trying to be helpful? Or was it a little mean spirited?

You are doing great to just relax and enjoy each day as it comes. Sure things could happen. Things can always happen. You could walk out your door and get struck dead by a meteor! We can worry about every little thing.

I really hope things improve. Hopefully she got the hint when you talked to her.

February 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ughhhhh. I hate when people get really opinionated during pregnancy! I hope she lays off! You definitely have enough to worry about!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 11th, 2012, 11:05 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's just the way my mom is. She is constantly googling stuff and unfortunately half the time she understands things incorrectly but since she read it she thinks she is the expert. I actually avoided her 1st phone call last night, and then she called again I just feel this is going to be a LONG pregnancy if she has started this this early. UGH...

Oh yeah, and she informed me she wants to come stay with me when the babies are born...sigh...I have a feeling my DH will leave me if that happens HA (not really, but he will want to!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search