Nursery???

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By JennaBee
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 2 Post By mrs.a
  • 1 Post By SandyBeachSomewhere

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Super Mommy
So does anyone know how they are going to decorate the nursery?

Boy- Dr. Seuss
Girl- I have no idea

I have wanted to do a Dr. Seuss nursery for a long time but I have only had girls so I probably want get my Dr. Seuss room but we will see.
February 11th, 2012, 03:53 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I love the PB 'Dr. Seuss' theme and was thinking it would be fun for a little kid room too. We don't 'do' the nursery thing in our house. I can't wait to see all the lovely ones you ladies prepare.

February 11th, 2012, 05:02 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have seen some beautiful tannish brown/creme colored nurseries and love them. Would be good for a boy or girl and fits with our home decor. I would like to do a "nursery" that's not really a standard pink/blue cutesy type!

February 11th, 2012, 07:28 AM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't do nurseries. The baby stays in my room but I do love dividing my closet for baby and organizing everything <3 We'll be focusing now on making a really awesome big girl room for the girls <3
NYCgirl likes this.

Thanks*Sharon*for our beautiful siggy!

, , ,,,
February 11th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Dee
The room that will become the nursery was recently painted and we have some things hanging in it already - it's done in soft, cool blues with some wintery artwork. I like the look and think we'll just keep it that way, boy or girl.

JennaBee- I bet your girls are excited about getting a renovation!
February 11th, 2012, 07:49 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
boy - noah's ark picture going on the wall and that is it.

girl - noah's ark picture going on the wall and that is it.
d_tops likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 11th, 2012, 09:25 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I'm not doing a nursery either. It's pointless because the baby sleeps in our room the first year anyways. Plus they outgrow the cutesy baby themes so fast, you'll just be redecorating it again in a year or two anyways. I made the mistake with my first... and will never again! He never used the room. I kept the paintings I made though, those hang on the wall and match whatever decor.

February 11th, 2012, 09:39 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think baby will probably be in our room for the first couple months and I will worry about nursery stuff after that once we figure out where we will be! I really have no plans lol. With DD I did pinks/greens with all white furniture. Her room now is actually the same colors just different bedding

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 11th, 2012, 07:17 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The client that I was recently a doula for decided not to find out the gender of her baby but still wanted a gender specific nursery. So she and her hubby painted the room in silver/grey tones and then planned to add pink if it was a girl and aqua for a boy. That way they could get most of the work out of the way and just do the accents after they had the baby and knew the sex.

I love decorating nurseries BUT, we are out of room in our house! LOL. Since this is baby number 11, it's safe to say that no one is getting their own room.
We are running tight on space. We have a four bedroom house so currently we have our room, then three sons in one room, three sons in a second bedroom and three daughters in another bedroom. Mia, our baby sleeps in our closet which we converted to a nursery, sort of. Don't freak out, it's a huge closet. Easily the size of a small bedroom.
We do have an open loft (drywalled in on three sides and open on one) that currently functions as a playroom. We are thinking of walling in the fourth side and converting it to another bedroom. IF this baby is a girl then we'd probably make it a nursery for Mia and the new baby. IF this baby is a boy...then who knows. We also have an office downstairs that could be converted to a nursery BUT it's right by the front door and since all our bedrooms are upstairs, I just wouldn't feel comfortable. We thought of moving a teenager down there but then I reconsidered. I don't want any teens right by the front door either! LOL!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 12th, 2012, 05:58 AM
mrs.a's Avatar Kelly
I really like gray and yellow or gray and pink for a girl.
Precious / Gray and Yellow
Precious / Pink & Gray Baby Room

I haven't decided on colors yet for a boy, but we'll probably incorporate green somehow.
I kind of like this one: Precious / Alphabet
bettyearl and Stepp_Ann like this.

My little "Spartacus"

Please vote on my baby names! If it says "this list is set to private", just try hitting refresh. Thanks!
February 12th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Super Mommy
Dr Seuss would be just as adorable for a girl's room. But I'm not really into the pink frills and princess stuff that girls often get.

We won't be doing a nursery, because baby will be rooming with us and then moving in with a sibling or two. Right now my two older kids (4 and 2) share a room, and Number 3 is in her own room. They were all the same room until recently, when we got Number 1 a new bed. Numbers 1 and 2 switched rooms for the cool bed, and number 3 doesn't like change so she stayed behind, lol.

Chances are that number 4, boy or girl, will be rooming with number 3 when the time comes. I don't mind mixing genders at this age. When 1 and 2 (boy and girl, respectively) shared a room, we decorated it half and half, like a dorm room, lol. They are still together but in a different room. But they insist on sharing the bed, so there's really no half and half areas going on. Dr. Seuss would be an awesome theme for both of them, though!
Stepp_Ann likes this.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 12th, 2012, 10:53 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
For the first time ever I AM going to do a nursery! That is, when we move into our house - which may come before or after baby does. YAY! If this turns out to be a girl I am definitely doing something girly.

February 12th, 2012, 08:54 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepp_Ann View Post
Boy- Dr. Seuss

I want Dr Suess for a boy too. I think it'd be so fun and silly!!
Not sure for a girl... Who says Dr. Suess can't be used for either??

February 12th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Super Mommy
Dr. Sues could def. be used for both, I just wasn't sure I wanted it for a girl. I guess I am on the fence about it. I am totally in love with the Dr. Seuss idea though and have been for years. I have always done my girls rooms super girly. @Sandybeach, I love the idea of doing it for your son and daughters shared space.
February 13th, 2012, 07:19 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't do a nursery either. Right now we are in a 2 bedroom house. The baby sleeps in our room for the first several months. But we are hoping to move in the next few months to a 3 bedroom and we will have a boy bedroom and a girl bedroom so I have been trying to think of cute ways to decorate both of them. For the boy room I'll either do tractors (they really like John Deere stuff) or trains, for the girl room probably a flower garden theme with butterflies, lady bugs etc.

[
February 13th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I have no clue! We live in base housing, so painting is out (which I am ok with lol).

I keep looking but nothing grabs my attention.
February 13th, 2012, 07:42 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no clue yet. The twins will share a room, so we will wait until we find out if we have 2 girls/ 2boys/ or 1 of each before we decide. I do want to do green walls. DS has a grass green color on his walls, we are about to paint DD's walls in a lime green, so I want to do something with a green for the nursery walls too.

February 13th, 2012, 07:47 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I just got on the pinterst bandwagon and am still very new to it, but I keep alllmost pinning some cute nursery idea and remember everyone would guess I was having a baby, aaah! lol

February 13th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If we do a theme, I want it to be with the stick on pictures. I did a border in Bella's room and regret it now because she's two and I would like to change it. I'll wait until she can help make that decision though.

For a boy, I want to do a monkey theme because I loooove monkeys and for a girl I like pink and gray together.

February 13th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Girl - Butterflies theme in pink and purple
Boy - Jungle theme (lions, giraffe, etc.)

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search