Anyone have, or planning to buy, the new BOB?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Repti.Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2012, 11:24 AM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone have it? Do you notice a big change between it and the earlier model?

February 11th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only know of one thing called BOB and I'm pretty sure that's not what we're talking about lol..

February 11th, 2012, 12:42 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
We were looking at the Utility because DH and I both do a lot of trail running. The front wheel on this model does not move at all.

BOB Sport Utility Stroller at REI.com

February 11th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
BOB?

February 11th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Dee
I was stroller-obsessing a couple of days ago, and started ogling the Bob, Phil & Ted's, and some Bugaboo something or other. Some of those contraptions are really impressive. (But the price tags had me wondering how long I could get away with baby wearing.)
February 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I've had both the Bugaboo gecko and frog, and I also have the BOB Revolution (has both fixed and swivel front wheel option settings). Let me tell you, if you're going to shell out the cash, the Bob is the way to go. Comparison wise, it is much lighter and can literally be steered with a single finger. The large wheels on it also make it maneuverable in just about any seasonal situation. I remember one time in particular with my Bugaboo...it was fall and I was walking in the park. Some leaves got jammed under the wheels and acted like I'd thrown an emergency brake on...except I didn't want know it'd happened and was still briskly walking. It nearly turned the stroller over with my infant in it. Scary, and after that I went to the BOB...so much better! My only complaint is that the handle isn't adjustable for taller operators, like dh. It's difficult for him to run with. My other complaints were the footbed and really long jogging tether, but those issues have been corrected in the new models.

February 11th, 2012, 04:47 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Disagree....if you're going to go Bugaboo....get the Cameleon. Best stroller ever. And believe me... I have tried them all (I get to review them for my website). The Frog and Bee aren't as nice. The Bugaboo Donkey (the double) sucks..so don't even bother with it. The Cameleon is good for all terrain, but it's not really for jogging. I miss it...and sorta wish I hadn't sold it.

The BOB jogging stroller is probably the best though (of the jogging strollers out there).

February 11th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I've never pushed the chameleon. I'd be interested in feeling it maneuver. I much prefer having one now that I can walk or job with- disliked that I couldn't do that with the Bugaboo, and it really scared the tar out of me when it tried to topple with the leaves.

Since you review- have I missed any of the changes on the new BOB revolution? Is it just me, or did the price go up quite a bit as well?

Also-- what are your thoughts on double joggers? I love my Bob, but as a Duallie I think it's so wide it does't fit through doorways. If not joggers, what are the best duallie strollers in general? We probably won't get one since DS is outgrowing that stage, but just something to think about.

Last edited by MJTKNT; February 11th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search