Purchased anything???

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Super Mommy
I know this question has been asked before but it's been a while so figured I would ask it again.

Have you made a purchase for your upcoming baby yet and if you have what was it?
What are you most looking forward to purchasing or shopping for?
February 11th, 2012, 02:19 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got a Christmas sleep sack, and I am not gonna buy another thing until I knew the sex cross my heart! LOL

honestly, since we found out we owe the IRS, it doesn't look like I will be able to get much of the stuff I wanted to get. I have to figure out how to pay the bills instead.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 11th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Super Mommy
Oh I guess I could answer my own questions.

I have not made a purchase yet, all though I have done a lot of window shopping and looking on the Internet.
I am so looking forward to everything honestlly because it seems what I used 8 years ago was like from the stone age or something since everything is so much more updated now. But I am most looking forward to getting the nursery started, so looking forward to buying the decorations and bedding.
February 11th, 2012, 02:27 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't purchased anything yet. I want to get a co sleeper for this baby but we will wait until after we move before I try to find one to buy.

[
February 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
ive been buying gender neutral stuff and have a ton of stuff already, cloth diapers systems, wet bags, diaper pail liner, stroller, carseat, 14 sleepers and some clothes, breast pump, bra to hold the pumps, microwave bags to sterilize things, bottles, ect.. and im sewing some things like a carseat canopy, made a new sew fleece blanket, and will start on sewing sleepers when I find out the sex. I'm having a blast! im finding such good deals I can't pass this stuff up, ive got all that for 400.!
Stepp_Ann likes this.
February 11th, 2012, 04:02 PM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
I picked up a few onsies and a car seat cover from a resale shop that was having a clearance sale (fill a bag for $4, it was pretty nice). Other then that I have just been picking up a few things of wipes when I grocery shop. I'll probably start getting diapers the same way when I'm further along. I'm still waiting on the first u/s before I go crazy.

February 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Nothing yet. I probably will buy some outfits once I know the gender, but that's it.

February 11th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Veteran
I haven't bought a thing yet- it has not been easy.

Once we find out the sex, it's on like Donkey Kong- can't wait to buy lil baby footies in particular!
February 11th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Super Mommy
That's a great idea picking up wipes and diapers while grocery shopping. I will start doing that.
February 11th, 2012, 05:13 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a double stroller form craigslist. It was a GREAT deal and I just couldn't pass it up. We also might get these twin rockers that I saw on there. One for DS and one for the baby, but I haven't decided yet.

I don't need alot of stuff, especially if it turns out to be a boy. If it's a girl we will pretty much just need clothes.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

February 11th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been buying diapers here and there fora a stockpile. I won't buy anything until we know the sex

February 11th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We get our wipes at costco (kirkland brand), a huge box full of great quality wipes for a good price. And we order diapers from diapers.com, I also heard good things about amazonmom
February 11th, 2012, 06:21 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've bought some things here and there. No big purchases yet. I will wait for spring when it's nice out and more fun to shop I'm not even going to lie I have bough a handful of little boy outfits. I know it is a long shot (seeing as we have two girls already) but when I saw them I just had to grab them. They were on sale and just too stinkin cute. I know SO many pregnant people, odds are someone is going to have a boy so they can be gifts if need be (hopefully not! ) We're focusing right now on getting the 'big girls' room set up. Getting DD2 a toddler bed and mattress, curtains, some shelving etc.

, ,,,,,,
February 11th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing yet. I don't really need much. Maybe some clothes, and new tubing for my breast pump.

February 11th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Nothing and it's killing me haha! We are waiting until we find out the gender in 7 weeks and then I can go crazy
February 11th, 2012, 07:50 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't bought anything yet for the baby. I've looked around, but just couldn't find anything I wanted to buy. I did pick out the travel system I want though...but I want to price it out a few different places first.
I have bought a few maternity things for myself though...a couple pairs of pants and a few shirts. So far that's all.
When the weather turns nicer I will probably start shopping. Plus, I'm too nervous to buy things too soon, espicially after our miscarriages. Even though I feel pretty good (today) about this one.
I have tried making a list of the things I need for the new baby. So for here is whats on the list:
breast pump
storage stuff and bottles to go with breast pump
bassinette
clothes (I have given most of my baby clothes away and not gotten them back)
travel system
new wrap (I had a moby last time but want something easier this time)
diaper bag (okay so I dont NEED this, but I have a bit of an addiction)
baby book/sticker calander stuff
various little stuff like nail clippers, baby scissors, stuff I have gotten rid of...

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 11th, 2012, 08:29 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a carseat-- just b/c I had BRU rewards and the trade in program and managed to get a Chicco Keyfit 30 for $89, tax included.

February 11th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Super Mommy
I bought a gender neutral onesie that has a picture of a robot and says "I'm a love machine." I couldn't resist. That's all I've bought so far. I've been keeping my eye out for a great sale on one of the car seats I'm considering, but haven't actually spent the money yet.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 12th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Dh doesn't want me to buy stuff until I go through all of our old stuff to find out what we need. I had found a co-sleeper on craigslist for $50 and I really wanted it. I asked dh about it, and he said he would think about it. By the time he said yes it was already sold.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 12th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Dee
I've started pricing a few things out on Craigs List and eBay, like cloth diapers, strollers, etc., but I haven't bought anything yet.

I did start crocheting a baby blanket - DH's mom (who passed away 10 years ago) started it, probably in the 80s, and it was in a box of her unfinished projects. That's the closest I've come to adding to the baby stash.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search