Plus Size Maternity Clothing

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mrs_Crystal_K

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do any of you know good places to find plus size maternity clothing...particularly jeans that will not cost over $100.00? lol Thank you
February 12th, 2012, 06:34 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
JCPenny has a decent plus size maternity department. There is where all of mine is from, but then again I am very extra fluffy.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 12th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Super Mommy
Motherhood Maternity is pretty affordable. Their jeans are anywhere from $30 - $50.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 12th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I've found the motherhood only goes up to a small 3x, and their stuff is TOO TIGHT! But if you can fit into motherhood stuff, that is great! I like JCPenny cause it goes up to 4x.

Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 12th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Super Mommy
I fit into my Motherhood jeans when I was 275 pounds (delivering my first). I don't remember what size they were though.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
February 12th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
The issue I'm running into is finding TALL plus size maternity pants. I'm 5'11 I need at least a 34 inch inseam. And I really don't want to fork out $100 for 1 pair of pants.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
February 12th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I Think tall in anything are hard to find! I've been watching my mom who is 6'1" find pants her whole life...

I hope you can find something that won't cost and arm and a leg!

February 12th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for your suggestions ladies. The JCPennys out here doesn't carry the plus size in the store so much, but they do have it online, as well as Target and Motherhood maternity. I am considering going there, but I feel weird, because I am not that far along yet. I am always so bloated and stuff though that I hate having my jeans on lol
February 12th, 2012, 04:25 PM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
I'm a plus size mom too! Last time around I bought a few pairs of maternity pants, but what I went with the most was my normal pants unbuttoned/zipped with belly bands. I didn't like maternity pants all that much, I ended up spending most of the day hiking them up. If you strike out with the maternity pants Belly Bands might be a solution

February 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got pants today at Motherhood maternity. Buy one get one free. They had up to 3X there.

February 13th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome thanks ladies! Anyone know a good place to get the belly bands?
February 13th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariussweety21 View Post
Awesome thanks ladies! Anyone know a good place to get the belly bands?
I like Motherhoods belly bands. I also bought 2 on eBay for like $6 each. They aren't quite as nice as the ones from Motherhood, but they still work.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search