Happy Valentine's Day! Any plans?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Sigyl's Avatar Veteran
Looks like I will be going solo this Valentine's Day. Which is a bummer since I really buy into commercialized holidays. I want to spoil my DH and be spoiled in returned.

He doesn't do holidays, not even to humor my sappy, pregnant, emotional self. Which doesn't make me feel very loved at all. I mean, I would be happy if he fixed the vacuum cleaner so I could clean for his mother who is stopping by on Friday night.

Oh well, I think I might take the dog to the park and buy her something cute to chew on.
February 14th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
We aren't doing anything special. Any time I have made Valentine's plans the Navy has figured out how to ruin them, so I win this round by not doing anything! Navy 7 and Tiffany 1! Lol. I am ordering a pizza for dinner, and I rented a movie from the redbox.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Parker'sMommy's Avatar Veteran
I am making my husband his favorite dinner and dessert but that is it. I doubt he will do anything for me though. I dropped a lot of hints about wanting to see The Vow but I am almost certain he has not made any plans for that.

*************Thank you to Claire1979 for my awesome siggy!!**************

February 14th, 2012, 11:32 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
None for us. We agreed no gifts this year, and normally I cook up a special dinner and dessert if we don't have plans, but I'm not really feeling up to par to spend half the night in the kitchen.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 14th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been feeling very sick, can't stand to cook, so I don't even know what we'll have for dinner. DH got me flowers in advance and sent me an e-card. We went and saw "The Vow" this weekend and that was cute.
Otherwise I just want to go home and lay around.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
February 14th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
we just exchanged cards and I got him a heart shaped reese's PB cup (his favorite). My FIL invited us over for dinner (kinda weird) so we're going there after I see a few clients

February 14th, 2012, 01:58 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Yeah, we're not big on Valentine's day at our house, either. We just got the boys some candy and that's it. Our theory is that everyday should be Valentine's Day and we shouldn't need a commercialized holiday to remind us to show each other our love and respect.

So, you're definitely not alone in not celebrating, but I am so very sorry that DH won't do anything special, especially if you really want him to. (((hugs))) Maybe he'll surprise you? Hopefully? FX'd???
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 14th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
DH and I had our "Valentine's Day" date this past weekend; we went to dinner and saw "The Vow." Tonight we are ordering take out and watching a DVD.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
February 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigyl View Post
Looks like I will be going solo this Valentine's Day. Which is a bummer since I really buy into commercialized holidays. I want to spoil my DH and be spoiled in returned.

He doesn't do holidays, not even to humor my sappy, pregnant, emotional self. Which doesn't make me feel very loved at all. I mean, I would be happy if he fixed the vacuum cleaner so I could clean for his mother who is stopping by on Friday night.

Oh well, I think I might take the dog to the park and buy her something cute to chew on.
I wish I could send you my DH. I am not into Valentine's Day at all, but he is such a romantic. Last year we went out for cheap eats at the local dive bar and he didn't say a word, dear soul. But he called me his valentine last night, barf, and I am wondering what I'm in for at dinner tonight. Want to trade? Just for the day?
February 14th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We usually don't do anything, but this year we had the money and I decided I was buying him a gift. I bought him a Kindle Fire. Once he found out he decided he better step up his game. He came home from work with take out and a KitchenAid stand mixer that I have wanted forever! So excited!! Now what do i make first

February 14th, 2012, 06:49 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
We don't do anything either. Though sometimes I wish he'd turn into the romantic type like at least once a year, to entertain me....cuz I'd like that...but I've known from day one that's just not him....

Well.....he did order me some candies as a surprise. Which sounds so cliche, but I really wanted them. My sister gave me a small package and I thought it was my favorite candies, but then I noticed it was hot chocolate.....they made my fav candies into a hot chocolate. It was tasty..but I had my heart set on the candies. I told my dh about it, how I thought it was the candies...and apparently he then went and ordered them for me. So, hey...at least it was something.

I picked up some food from California Pizza Kitchen for us and brought it home. It was tasty and he really liked it.

He works night shift...so there will be no snuggling when the babies go to bed.

We're not doing anything else really though...

February 14th, 2012, 07:47 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Normally we cook romantic dinner at home together and watch a movie or something but since I don't feel great about cooking, we decided to load up the whole family and take them out to dinner. The problem was, we have ten kids and so finding a place that could seat 12 people without having to wait an hour and a half was impossible, so we ended up at this little local joint we frequent often...it's a Mexican restuarant, we love it. They were having live entertainment.
Our kids were having a really odd night though and I was a bit crabby so it wasn't the best time. Mia kept trying to climb out of her high chair and kept crying and screaming. The older kids were just a tad too loud and hyper...not really doing anything wrong, just needed to bring it down a notch or two and the toddlers/preschool kids kept getting loud, standing up at the table ect. Our kids are normally very well behaved at restaurants, not sure what was up with them today..maybe too much Vday candy? Anyway, it's gonna be a while before we all go out to eat again...uggg,so much work!! Dh went straight to bed when we got home....thanks hun, for helping me get all the littles to bed! Not.
I brought our sparkling red grape juice up with our new plastic dollar champange glasses (LOL) and hubby is already sleeping!!!!! Seriously. Should I drink it myself, or just wait till tomorrow???

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 14th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH is working tonight, but I'm spoiled. I got a new dishwasher, KitchenAid mixer, and Bissell lift off steam mop. We make a big deal out of Valentines Day around here. Love is a good reason to celebrate.

February 14th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought DH a new pajama set, cologne, matching body wash, Valentine mug, chocolate rose, heart shaped helium balloon, and a fluffy black velvet pillow I was so mad because I realized once it was time to give him his gift, I completely forgot the Valentine card! I swear I have never been this forgetful in my past pregnancies! So, instead I wrote him a very heartfelt letter <3

DH bought me beautiful roses in a vase, box of chocolates, a valentine mug (strange we both bought each other a Valentine mug), a scented candle set with matching scented room freshener, an adorable teddy bear, a regular sized Valentine helium balloon, and a HUGE helium balloon along with a pop-out Valentine card that he wrote the sweetest things in

I bought each of the kids a Valentines gift bag and filled them with a plush Valentine animal, lots of Valentine candy, plastic valentine cups, giant pens and pencils, Valentine note books, and Valentine cards

I made a a delicious dinner. Breaded baked boneless pork chops, twice baked cheddar potatoes, broccoli and cheese, homemade mac and cheese, and dinner rolls. It really didn't feel like it was for a special occasion though because I cook dinners like that quite often. With four children it's hard to get away with not cooking dinner, LOL. I did serve a Valentines cake (that I picked up from the grocery store earlier today) for dessert.

DH works 3rd shift so no cuddling through the night We don't get much alone time anymore since he started working 3rds. The only alone time we really get is while the kids are at school. But that's when he's really tired and does most of his sleeping.
February 15th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Super Mommy
My girls and I went for dinner at Chickfila since dh is still out of town with work. I was kinda bummed that my husband did nothing for V-day but tell me hpy V-day over the phone. I don't know why it bothered me, but it really made me sad today. Stupid hormones.
February 15th, 2012, 03:26 AM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Tristan got me a card, flowers and a box of chocolates... in the bottom of the boc, he hid a nook color. I thought it was a giant candy bar at first. I was so excited!! LOL.

I got him a card and a little something I made him... and then fell asleep on the couch at 8pm. LOL.

For Kelly, I got her a card, two DVD's... Lady & the Tramp and Princess & the Frog, a book about drawing characters from Tangled, chocolates and a bag of M&M's, (her favorite). Tristan got her a single red rose, card and a gift basket with an Ariel bath toy, and candy. He is the best. <3

February 15th, 2012, 06:45 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our plans were pretty tame - I had such a hankering for chinese, so we tried a place that I was kind of skeptical of, and it was fabulous! I can't wait to get it again! haha!

I made cheesecake brownies, and we gave the boys a play doh pizza maker and called it a day.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search