Funny things you never knew about your SO...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2012, 11:54 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So in light of Valentines day, lets talk about some funny things that we never knew about our SO's. Nothing bad, but something that if you have been together for a significant amount of time and you learned it later...

I'll go first for example. DH and I have been together for 6.5 years. I knew he used to work with his dad on landscaping and stuff a lot growing up. But I had no idea that when he was little, he would go door to door in his neighborhood with a little box of paint and stencils and offer to re-paint people's addresses on their curb for a small fee! I don't know why, but I just got such a kick out of that!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 14th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Haha that is cute!!! I don't think there was much that I didn't know about him. I knew his family before I knew him, so by the time we started dating I had already heard all the family stories. Oh about a year after we got married I found out that he doesn't like watermelon. I didn't think it was possible for someone to not like that. I still make him try it every now and then because I can't understand someone not liking it. Lol.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 14th, 2012, 12:50 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm, I'll have to think about, I can't remember the last little tid bit I learned about him. we've been married nearly 13 years. I'm not sure there are many stones or pebbles unturned...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Last edited by 3Sapphires; February 14th, 2012 at 04:01 PM.
February 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
How cute, Danielle!!! And, I also agree about watermelon, Tiffany. That's a bit unfathomable! DH and I have also been together for so long, 15 years this summer, that I can't remember the last little thing I found out about him that made me go, really??? I'll update after I ponder this some more. It's a good topic that gets you thinking about our DHs/Sos! I like it!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 14th, 2012, 02:06 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hahaha... I do not like watermelon!!!!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 14th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
My DH doesn't like blueberries.

I forget all the time and continue to buy blueberry bagles and muffins. I don't understand how you can't like blueberries! Blueberry pancakes are one of my favorite things ever!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
February 14th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Super Mommy
Oh man! Blueberries are my favorite!

My poor BF loves feet, however I cannot stand my feet being touched. Poor thing gets so upset.

February 14th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
hubby n i were together for a year and got married a cpl months before he deployed for a year, he got back in oct. and i couldnt remember if he liked onions in his food and all kinds of little things i felt horrible grochery shopping, but it happens. I was stressed about so much at the time i just forgot a lot of little things. but it was kinda funny and he just looked at me crazy and said i was thinking of x boyfriend joking lol
February 14th, 2012, 09:32 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I found out about 2 years into our relationship that the first night we officially met (wedding reception afterwards at a tim hortons we hung out both were drunk lol) anywho I found out that from how I was sitting on a rock and him sitting on his car bumper that he could see up my skirt lmao. I had to bug him that that was his reasoning to date me cause he got a look up my skirt when we first met haha. Thats what I get for wearing a skirt and having to much to drink.
February 14th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I have been together for soooo long, I seriously doubt there is anything I don't know about him. I remember when I found out that he was super-superstitious I was kind of shocked. One day many years ago, I was sweeping and accidentally swept the broom across his foot. He immediately asked me to let him see the broom real quick. Then he promptly spit on it!! I never knew that sweeping a broom across someone's foot or even shoe means they will be arrested or go to jail. Spitting on the broom afterwards is to basically remove the bad luck. He was mainly raised by his grandmother and so he grew up with the superstitions she believed in. He has 7 uncles who lived with them on and off and some of them had a tendency to get into trouble legally. That's just one of many superstitions he and his family believe in. I just found it strange and had never once even heard of such a thing!! LOL
February 14th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
It took me some time to realize that DH doesn't like to wear shorts in public, although he has really nice legs, hairy and manly, but still straight and nice.
And he doesn't like chicken wings (which I totally loooove) and parsley.
And we both like watermelon.

Last edited by Bobb; February 15th, 2012 at 03:44 AM.
February 15th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Super Mommy
I have been married to my hubby for 13 years now, so it has been a long time since I learned something that surprised me. The most shocking thing that I learned was that he eats no condiments, no salad dressing, and no sour cream. It's a total pain in my butt and I have tried to convert him but he is stuck in his ways.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search