Showering

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2012, 09:59 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does it bother you since you got pregnant?

I have to sit in the shower bc I just feel awful the whole time I'm in and after I get out. Am I the only one this happens to?

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 15th, 2012, 10:16 AM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No- I've been taking baths...but mostly b/c I'm just so flipping exhausted. The standing and heat (can't stand cold/cool or even just warm showers) make me just about want to fall over.

February 15th, 2012, 10:44 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Yes. I have to shower as quickly as possible because I feel so bad most times. I have been taking baths at night because they seem to relax me a bit and help somewhat with my nausea before bed. I like to lay in the warm water and close my eyes for a bit.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Veteran
Same here- hate it. I've found that switching to showering in the morning instead of my normal evening shower helps. That means I have to get up at 5

Doesn't help that pregnancy has made me feel like I need a shower more often- yuck.
February 15th, 2012, 11:03 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am absolutely in love with my showers at the moment. I am also finding that I am just sitting down, but other than that, they completely relax me.

I would say the only problem I am having at the moment is the water pressure. I seem to be turning the pressure down because my skin is so sensitive.

Ashley
Ashley
February 15th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I take long baths in our jacuzzi tub.

February 15th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel bad too. I like hot showers usually, but I'm not enjoying them like I used to and I have to cut them short so I won't fall over LOL

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
February 15th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I take long showers since I love them but I get dizzy and nauseous and have to lay on the bed naked for a bit afterwards.
February 15th, 2012, 04:51 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't take showers in the morning unless I have eaten first or I get very woozy. Then at night I'm so tired that I don't have the energy to stand. I've been taking baths more often at night instead of morning showering.

[
February 15th, 2012, 09:46 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Oh no...I adore showers. It's so relaxing to me, and the only time I don't have someone bugging me. I stay in as long as possible. LOL. This is even more true as my pregnancy progresses...towards the end I'll take extra showers as the hot water running on me is so nice and calming and makes my back feel better.

February 15th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Super Mommy
I've always sat in the shower. It's so relaxing, and I'm prone to frequent headaches (Before and after pregnancy) and I found that sitting in the shower helps. I used to sleep in the shower. Then I got yelled at for it after a county-wide black out. It was terrifying!!

Needless to say, I'm kinda gross. I only shower once every two to three days. But I make sure to keep myself very clean. I think I'm just lazy.

Showers for me are very relaxing!

February 16th, 2012, 07:49 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I still love my shower but after I need to lie right down!

February 16th, 2012, 09:30 AM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
I always take showers, they never bothered me. I can't stand to take baths though bc I get too hot then I feel like crap after.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search