My u\s today!!! (Photo)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
My appt today went great!! My little Bean is measuring 2 days ahead at 8 weeks 2 days

1.79 cm CRL length and FHR of 177 bpm.

I didn't like the u/s tech today as much as the lady I had 2 weeks ago though. The lady today was really rushing and didn't even type any of the measurements or details on my keepsake photos (so I had to call back to get the info and then typed it in myself). She also only let me listen to the heartbeat for like 5 seconds. When I go back in 4 weeks for my 12-week u/s I might request the original u/s tech that I had. She was also really rough when she inserted the u/s probe and just jammed it in there (it was trans-vaginal) so now my lady parts hurt a little bit, sorry TMI.

4 weeks seems so far away to get to see my little Bean again! I think I'm going to suck it up and buy a fetal doppler so I can at least hear the heartbeat at home.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
February 16th, 2012, 05:08 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm so glad you had a good appt! Sorry about the rough and not so great tech, though. The good thing is that your 12wk one should be abdominal, so hopefully you won't have to worry about that. Beautiful pic!!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 16th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a great appointment!! Too bad the tech had to be so rough. I'm thinking of getting a doppler too. I really want one!

February 16th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
That sucks that your tech wasn't very good today. Other than that it sounds like it was a great appointment! I love your picture!

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 16th, 2012, 08:09 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Lame tech! Seriously I think they just forget they are dealing with hormonal women here!! lol So happy your baby is perfect and well!!
February 16th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a perfect baby!!!
February 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks ladies!

February 17th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would've went off! That's just my personality though, I would've told her where she can stick that transducer, and complained to whoever. ahaha! & this might be kind of personal, but how come you get to have u/s every 4 weeks? I wish I could get an u/s every 4 weeks, I saw my baby at 7W 5D and I probably wont get to see him/her again until the gender reveal at 19 weeks. By the way, cute baby! & what a strong heartbeat!!

February 17th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlsshp9 View Post
I would've went off! That's just my personality though, I would've told her where she can stick that transducer, and complained to whoever. ahaha! & this might be kind of personal, but how come you get to have u/s every 4 weeks? I wish I could get an u/s every 4 weeks, I saw my baby at 7W 5D and I probably wont get to see him/her again until the gender reveal at 19 weeks. By the way, cute baby! & what a strong heartbeat!!
Yeah, I thought about complaining, but I'm just going to make sure I request the original u/s tech I had when I go in for my 12-week even though it will be abdominal.

I didn't have to have this 8-week u/s, but this is my first pregnancy and Clomid assisted so I am very nervous. My OB did it more for my peace of mind then anything. Generally, she would have done the first u/s to confirm pregnancy viability (which I did at 6-weeks) and then the 12-week u/s. The 12-week isn't even a "must-have" but I'm doing the first trimester genetic screening which has to be done between 11-13 weeks I think (or around that).

After the 12-week I'm not sure if I'll go back for a 16-week or just wait for the 20-week gender u/s. My OB's office is pretty accomodating and they have the u/s right in their office. I prefer every 4 weeks for my own peace of mind

February 17th, 2012, 09:57 AM
That's great! Your OB sounds really nice!! Do you have to request a genetic screening? This is probably a dumb question but what is genetic screening exactly?

February 17th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlsshp9 View Post
That's great! Your OB sounds really nice!! Do you have to request a genetic screening? This is probably a dumb question but what is genetic screening exactly?
My OB is great

My OB offered the genetic screening and left it up to me if I wanted to do it. I don't really have any of the general risk factors like advanced maternal age, family history of birth defects, etc. But I still decided to do it.

And there's no dumb questions The first trimester genetic screening is a blood screening test with an ultrasound evaluation of the fetus to identify risk for specific chromosomal abnormalities, including Down Syndrome, Trisomy-21, and Trisomy-18. The ultrasound evaluation measures nuchal translucency (fluid beneath the skin behind baby’s neck).

If the results are suspicious then the mom could go on to have the CVS screening or an amnio in the 2nd trimester.

During the 2nd trimester I'll have the "Quad Screening" which is a blood test that will check similar things.

My thought is, the more I can know about my little Bean the better

February 17th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Ohh, that's neat! Thank you for the info!!

February 17th, 2012, 03:51 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a good appointment but sorry the tech was so bad! I would definitely request the other one.

February 17th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Cute picture! Sorry the tech was rude.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search