Ugh! Hungry + Nauseated = Bugged

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2012, 09:42 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I'm so sick of being hungry but not being able to find anything that I want to eat. I nearly threw up after eating a banana tonight. It gives me the quivers just thinking about it again. I am TRYING to be healthy, but seriously the only things that sound remotely good are junk!

How are you all staying fed? Do you give in to the junk food?

February 16th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Veteran
My MIL suggested Ritz crackers and I am loving them. (Just don't look at the ingredients list!)

My sweet tooth is basically gone (shocking really), so my junk food cravings are all salt. Pringles is today's craving. They are so gross, but I really want a can of the plain salted ones. Maybe tomorrow when DH is at work so he doesn't see me eating them!

I say eat what you can eat. It's not worth forcing food down if it just comes back up!
February 17th, 2012, 02:06 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly? Yes I eat a lot of junk. I am about the right weight for my height, so I am not too worried about putting on too much weight and I take a multivitamin. I think your body will supply your baby with what it needs no matter what. If all I can keep down is salt and vinegar chips, then that's what I will eat. The nausea will pass eventually, but until then just eat what you can tolerate. Like the person above me said, what's the point of eating the healthy stuff if you just throw it up anyway!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 17th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Veteran
I've been the exact same way- but in the last 3 or 4 days, I've been able to stomach healthier stuff- the bad news is heartburn started at the same time. Yuck.
February 17th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Super Mommy
I have not really eaten any junk food s far, well I guess I haven't really ate anything but apples and apple sause and the occasional bagel, but that's only because it's not terrible when it comes back up. I hope you get your eating figured out. I wouldn't stress over it.
February 17th, 2012, 04:13 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been going through this weird thing where despite what I have eaten up to that point, by dinner time my stomach gets this STARVING, empty feeling which in turn makes me feel pretty sick. I usually can't really tell if I am nauseous or just hungry. And then the best part is, I can eat and it will go away, but if it's anything of substance I just do gross burps the rest of the night and have indigestion! It's the worst. But I agree with everyone else, eat what you can keep in your stomach and worry about the healthy stuff later!

February 17th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had a huge problem with eating this pregnancy. I do have to eat much smaller portions as my belly gets full much quicker. I think you should give in and eat whatever you can hold down! Even if that means not so healthy choices.

February 17th, 2012, 06:21 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I don't know if you remember, but when I first started getting sick, about 5wks, I was literally forcing my fruits and veggies down...and I do mean literally. I am a bit of a health nut anyway, so I was determined. Then the full-blown M/S started at 6wks and I couldn't keep anything down. So, I had to give up most of my fruits and veggies because they literally would come right back up. For a couple of weeks, it was mainly soups and crackers, bland stuff that isn't so bad coming back up. Now, I'm able to keep more down, but forcing stuff I have aversions to will send me running to the toilet. So, I eat what I can keep down. I try to focus on the healthy stuff that will stay down. I beginning to be able to keep down spinach and steamed broccoli, but my beloved carrots are a no-go, as well as my beloved smoothies. Do what you can. I'm hoping this passes soon so I can fully start eating healthy again. That being said, I do try to limit the really bad stuff. I'm having some serious need for salty stuff, like fries and chips, but I try to limit them to a couple of times a week. It's hard, but I just have to remind myself that this won't last forever.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 17th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally have been experiencing the same thing. Nothing ever sounds good when I am hungry or it constantly changes. I often can keep down more junk food better than healthy food and have been worried about doing this too much. I haven't been gaining weight really, but want to eat healthy for my little bean. I am hoping this will stop soon. Good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search