and the process begins!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By momma_d
  • 1 Post By bettyearl
  • 1 Post By momma_d

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2012, 08:45 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I can't share this anywhere else bc DH and I don't want anyone knowing until its closer to happening, but this week we started the whole "home buying" process! We got pre-approved for everything, got a figure, and are meeting with a realtor this weekend to discuss options and start researching where we want to buy! We aren't in a hurry to buy just yet, but we are trying to get all of our ducks in a row before this baby comes so that we can be moved into a house BEFORE the baby comes rather than trying to move afterwards.

I am so freakin' excited!!

Anyways- thanks for listening!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 17th, 2012, 08:53 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay! very exciting!

We did that last winter/spring. It is awesome to be a homeowner (again in my case!)

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 17th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Veteran
Wow! How exciting-congratulations! I'm totally addicted to the show "House Hunters"- you're gonna have a blast in the real-life version!
February 17th, 2012, 09:04 AM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
That's so exciting! Even though we bought a Mobile Home just before DD was born, it was the best feeling ever. I love our home. It's still a bit small and with #2 on the way we just need to get better organized and work on cleaning the spare bedroom up which includes us taring up the carpet in there and putting new since our cats ruined it with the litter boxes being in there.

But good luck in your search and hope you find something. Take your time too. You have 7/8 more months till the baby is here find what you want

February 17th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Congrats! It can be a really fun process! Make sure you make a list of all the things you would like to have in a new home and really stick to it. DH and I bought a home right before we got married. The first several we looked at in our price range were nothing close to what we were looking for. Finally, our perfect home in our price range fell into our laps! So just be patient and enjoy the process!!
February 17th, 2012, 09:06 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is exciting! We are in the process of trying to sell our house (not so exciting) but then hopefully we will be moving and will be able to buy a new house! The house we are in is a very small starter house which has been great for us the past 5 years but it would be really nice to have a three bedroom house so we can separate boy/girl rooms.

Hope you are able to find the perfect house for your family!

[
February 17th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay how exciting!!! DH and I bought our house together 2 1/2 years ago and it was such an exciting time! Have fun!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
February 17th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Thanks everyone! We are really excited! I have heard how stressful it can be and what a headache it is, but I think in the end it will be worth it. (hmmmm sounds a lot like pregnancy? lol)

We are definitely giving ourselves lots of time to find something so we don't feel like we are rushing into anything. This also gives us a lot of time if we decide to buy from a builder rather than a pre-owned home, which we haven't decided yet. I'm actually really relieved we are starting it all now so we can do it all properly!

and calmdownlindsey- we love house hunters too! we like to watch all the diva women who swear they aren't settling for "this this and this" and then end up doing everything they said wouldn't!! lol

February 17th, 2012, 09:25 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awh!! Yay!! It really can be very stressful, but it honestly is so worth it in the end. We have been in our home for about a year this March. It is one of the best things we have done for ourselves. Early congratulations!!

Ashley
Ashley
February 17th, 2012, 09:30 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Yay! That is so so so so exciting!! We are going to build a house while i'm building a baby. Probably, though, the baby will be born first since plans never run as smoothly as you want them too. It's not ideal, but we are tight on space with 3 boys in a room right now.

We are working with the bank now to get pre-approved and everything so we can actually go lot shopping. Hope to start the build process late March.

And yes, buying a house IS a headache. But, you're right - it is worth it. Just try to be smart about your finances and save yourself lots of headache later. When they qualify you for a certain amount, they don't consider any other expenses you have like groceries, entertainment, charity, clothing, whatever. So you are the one that has to be mindful of that because nearly every Realtor out there will push you to buy the biggest house you can "afford." What you deserve, though, isn't to "have the best" but to have money in your pocket at the end of the day. To not be stressed out financially because you got in over your head - or just at nose level in the water. Mortgage lenders don't consider how much money you wish to put into savings each month, or unexpected expenses such as your car dying (it will someday, right? Why not plan for it now) Christmas presents (they come around every year) etc.

What you deserve is to live comfortably, not to be always worrying about making ends meet because you spent the max possible the bank will lend you.
I'll get off my soap box now. lol
Parker'sMommy likes this.
February 17th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! That's super exciting! I hope you either find or build your dream home

February 17th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyearl View Post
Yay! That is so so so so exciting!! We are going to build a house while i'm building a baby. Probably, though, the baby will be born first since plans never run as smoothly as you want them too. It's not ideal, but we are tight on space with 3 boys in a room right now.

We are working with the bank now to get pre-approved and everything so we can actually go lot shopping. Hope to start the build process late March.

And yes, buying a house IS a headache. But, you're right - it is worth it. Just try to be smart about your finances and save yourself lots of headache later. When they qualify you for a certain amount, they don't consider any other expenses you have like groceries, entertainment, charity, clothing, whatever. So you are the one that has to be mindful of that because nearly every Realtor out there will push you to buy the biggest house you can "afford." What you deserve, though, isn't to "have the best" but to have money in your pocket at the end of the day. To not be stressed out financially because you got in over your head - or just at nose level in the water. Mortgage lenders don't consider how much money you wish to put into savings each month, or unexpected expenses such as your car dying (it will someday, right? Why not plan for it now) Christmas presents (they come around every year) etc.

What you deserve is to live comfortably, not to be always worrying about making ends meet because you spent the max possible the bank will lend you.
I'll get off my soap box now. lol
trust me, you are preaching to the choir right now!
bettyearl likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search