Bridesmaid Dress Dilemma

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By momma_d

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2012, 08:45 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay..... I have a bit of a dilemma. I am in my friend's wedding on June 30th and I have to order my dress today! When I called the store and told them my situation and the dress style number, the lady about had a heart attack.... here's why....

This is the dress my friend has picked out:
Alfred Angelo... Find the perfect Wedding Dress, Bridesmaid Dress, Prom Dress, Flower Girl Dress or Mother of the Bride Dress at Alfred Angelo.

The dress has a corset back, but as you can see, it will not be flattering on my 28 week pregnant body!

The sales girl recommended that I actually order this dress as it will be the same material and I can get it in the same color we are ordering...
Alfred Angelo... Find the perfect Wedding Dress, Bridesmaid Dress, Prom Dress, Flower Girl Dress or Mother of the Bride Dress at Alfred Angelo.

I totally agree with the sales girl and I think I will be uncomfortable in the first dress and feel huge compared to all of the tiny bridesmaids. But ultimately it's up to my friend. I already text her about it and am just waiting to hear back from her. I didn't ask her if I could order it, I just told her what the sales lady said and am awaiting her executive Bride decision and that I would order whichever one she prefers. WDYT? She will probably leave it up to me, we have been best friends since we were 13, but I don't want to feel like I'm putting her in an odd place by ordering a different dress than the one she picked out. I dunno, I'm just kinda weirded out by the whole situation.

ALSO to add- my friend knew we were planning on being very pregnant this summer and was already okay with it when she asked me to be in her wedding, as we discussed it several times! She is totally cool with it from the get go.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 17th, 2012, 08:55 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!! This is a rough position. I hope that she will see the light and agree with you on this one =) The dress is lovely though!!

I am going to be in a tough position as well. I was just asked to be in a wedding on September 29th I hope all works out well with me. But I feel as if the sales folks have seen every body type and every circumstance, so I am confident it will work out for both of us!

Ashley
Ashley
February 17th, 2012, 08:58 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it were my wedding, I would want my friend to look nice and feel pretty and wear something that looked flattering on her. Having her in my wedding and having her happy would be wayyyyy more importnant than making sure all the dresses match exactly. If my friend was pregnant then it would be a no brainer to me that her dress may need to be changed. Even aside from just the bride's opinion, there is a comfort factor to be considered. Making a pregnant bridesmaid wear a dress that doesn't have room for her belly would be mean, in my opinion.

I know and understand that a lot of brides can get really stressed and really wierd over the details of their wedding but if it were me, I wouldn't mind one bit that the dress was a little different. Afterall, it's the same material and would go nicely with the other dresses.

Good luck, let us know what happens!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I think the alternate dress will match very well with the others - the top is very similar. If they could give you even more room with the second dress - like extra big pleats or something - it would help you out a LOT. I was a bridesmaid when I was pregnant and looked horrible!! This dress seems like a good choice (the alternate).

I just don't think the cut of the original dress will accommodate the pregnant belly very well. Even if you're teeny for 28 weeks it will still be a large bump at that point.

February 17th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Kaema's Avatar Kris
Send a message via AIM to Kaema Send a message via MSN to Kaema
I would go with the second dress. Even if you order the first one, you're already going to stick out from the others because of your baby belly. You might as well be more comfortable in the second dress. The saving grace is that the material is the same and you can get the same color. And even the tops look the same. Good call on the sales lady!

Thank you GraysMama for my gorgeous siggy!
February 17th, 2012, 12:06 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok we have an answer! My friend said to definitely go with dress #2! Thank goodness! I am feeling so relieved! Not to mention dress #2 is about $70 cheaper! LOL

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 17th, 2012, 12:41 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay!!!! So happy it worked out for you!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 17th, 2012, 12:55 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Oh, that's awesome! So happy for you!

February 17th, 2012, 01:23 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The second dress will be much more flattering to your figure at 28 weeks both dresses are beautiful. what colour are you getting?

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 17th, 2012, 02:04 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
win win!!!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 19th, 2012, 11:24 AM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
YAY!! What a good friend!

February 19th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
awesome!! I'm glad she was so easy going about it

February 20th, 2012, 11:47 AM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
so glad it worked out, #2 is a much better choice given the situation lol.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search