My poor DH! (LoL)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel like my poor DH is suffering right along with me so far, but it's because of me (LoL).

For one, I cannot stand to cook meat right now. It totally and completely repulses me! I made chicken caccitore for my DH last night and I tried to eat it and hurled because all I could think about was the smell of the raw chicken while I was cooking it.

I do okay eating meat after it's cooked as long as I'm not the one cooking it (like going to a restaurant). If it was up to me, I'd have cereal and applesauce or a fruit cup for dinner. But DH won't be down with that (LoL). He is a total meat and potatoes kind of guy. I've spoiled him with my cooking and big family dinners. Tonight, I'm making grilled chicken salads, but I already told him he's going to have to cook the meat away from me and then I'll make the salad part after that smell is out of the kitchen.

My poor DH is also being subjected to my terrible burping at night, and warning, farts. Holy cow!!!! My DH after a night of drinking, deviled eggs, and Taco Bell ain't got nothing on me!!

So pleasant... Are your DHs currently suffering alongside you right now?

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
February 17th, 2012, 09:45 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Yes! Only, it's that I haven't had much energy to keep 100% on top of things. Well, I guess I don't do 100% normally, but still, it's a difference. He has been taking it pretty well. I hate making him suffer with me so I try not to let him see how hard it is for me.
February 17th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Absolutely!!! The thought of raw meat repulses me!!! I've tried my hardest to keep up with the cooking but somedays its pasta no meat. My hubby is taking it like a champ. He really has no choice in the matter. LOL
February 17th, 2012, 10:22 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been better this week, but last week and the week before it was all I could do to even think about making dinner.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 17th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Mine isn't limited to meats, I cannot watch an egg slide from its shell even! DH has to cook all meats, eggs and fried food. We own and run a small cafe so that pretty much suck for him lol
February 17th, 2012, 12:00 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh yes. Brian has been cooking dinner for the past couple weeks. I can't cook chicken either or I won't eat it. For the most part, my biggest enemy in the kitchen is just the mix of all the smells while cooking. I have been doing my best to help prep dinner and B usually finishes it!

and I'm right there with ya on the gas.... DH has mentioned it several times in joking the last few days!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 17th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same here. I can't stand to cook and constantly whine and complain about feeling yucky and tired. Poor DH!

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
February 17th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't eat chicken and I can't cook meat... my daughter and I have been vegetarians lately except when I get a tuna sub from somewhere
February 17th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_d View Post
oh yes. Brian has been cooking dinner for the past couple weeks. I can't cook chicken either or I won't eat it. For the most part, my biggest enemy in the kitchen is just the mix of all the smells while cooking. I have been doing my best to help prep dinner and B usually finishes it!

and I'm right there with ya on the gas.... DH has mentioned it several times in joking the last few days!
What a coincidence. We are exactly the same dates along in pregnancy and both our husbands names are Brian! Ha!

February 17th, 2012, 03:43 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes. There are certain foods i simply cannot tolerate to smell so it is not allowed in our house! Other than that i've been much more irritable but the poor guy has tolerated it very well. I just find myself apologizing and he usually says "no it hasn't been bad" but i'm sure he's lying. haha

February 17th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_love View Post
Other than that i've been much more irritable but the poor guy has tolerated it very well. I just find myself apologizing and he usually says "no it hasn't been bad" but i'm sure he's lying. haha
Good answer DH!

February 17th, 2012, 08:42 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have only cooked a few meals in the past 5 weeks. I pretty much can NOT eat something if I cook it. It gags me, and I've thrown up enough that I don't want to gag when I really want to eat. DH has been fixing 99% of all the meals. When he's at work the kids get a frozen dinner or cereal. If someone else fixes the food or I go through a drive through I can eat no problem, but please just don't ask me to cook!

February 17th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
Eugh yeah meat is evil...hubby cooks his meaty stuff and never complains lol. I think secretly he likes it since he is experimenting with spices and things. I am sticking to other protein sources at the moment and bland, bland, bland lol.

February 18th, 2012, 05:59 AM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
You guys are so sweet, lol. I totally don't apologize, I'm just like "Well, you did this to me. Deal."

I could eat nothing but cereal, fruit and veggies (raw). Right now cooking anything kinda grosses me out. No idea what it is about it. Even just sauteing veggies, the smell, look, and feel of the oil makes me go blah.

I have the farting too. I tell dh I'm just keeping the bed warm. Its cold here!

February 18th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
i dont have to worry about the gas, hubby was born with no sense of smell and he think its funny. wish he COULD smell himself sometimes lol i still cook although my stomach turns at grease and meat also when raw but i hate to complain so he has no idea really ive only refused a cpl of times to cook. all he can do it make ramen noodles so he'd be in trouble he doesn't even grill food outside, i do that. i dont have any vomiting though, just light nausea so far, mainly after my prenatal though which is normal. the house has taken the biggest hit bc i used to clean it spotless everyday like a freak. and like a month ago it just went to poo, and we3 have a 3.5 month old puppy we are3 trying to house train and its toilet paper rolls destroyed daily and all kinds of trouble she gets into. shes a husky. so my hands are full with trying to just keep dishes clean and clothes clean around here then im outta energy and ready to lay down for awhile. feel like a ran a marathon after just folding like 3 loads of clothes and putting them up, and the stairs wear me out. but i wouldnt change anything. and hubby is helping clean the cat litter and more with the puppy gismo and other things. hes coming around to help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search