CDing mamas

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chevy_Gurl
  • 1 Post By cjthomps26

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What diaper brands are you looking at or thinking about? I'm currently looking at bumgenius 4.0, freestyle, and flip, and gDiapers. I know there are other cute diapers out there too. What are you looking for in a diaper?

I admit it, I'm looking mostly for cuteness, I also want snap closure, and ease of use is a plus. I used the pockets in the past and where they weren't hard to use, I am drawn to the seemingly easier use of the freestyle, flip, and the gDiapers. I also like how the gDiapers close in the back, not the front (for the older babies who like to rip the diapers off), but would immediately convert them to snaps and loose any warranties they might have. I also like the colors, but it seems like they are carrying less of the cute color options then they used too. BG has cute colors and prints, but not with all styles (yet). I also like how BG has the bulk diaper packs. So buying a lot of them will save me some $$. gDiapers only has that for the newborn starter kit and you don't get to pick the colors.

The sucky part about being on team green is I really, REALLY want to get some pink diapers!! lol But I guess if it was a boy and I knew, I wouldn't be buying them anyway! LOL
February 26th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
My hubs calls me a cd snob. I try very very hard to only buy CD's that are made from fellow mamas. We do have a couple of BG's but they were bought by my mom for my MIL. So I don't count those. They are nice but since I'm not a pocket lover I hardly used them ever.

I much prefer fitteds and prefolds with covers. If you're curious here are some of my favorites....

Piddle Poddles Online Shop
Fitteds :: Bubble Butt Diapers Online Shop
Nanipoo diapers Online Shop
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Orang...24366774247550
https://www.facebook.com/littlefancypants
Bagshot Row Bamboo Online Shop <--- My ABSOLUTE faves

and for PF's Green Mountain Diapers: Cloth diapers and diaper covers for baby
kemper2.0 likes this.
... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

February 26th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Blah, a lot of those are sold out (on your fav one). Those are cute though. I'm nervous about buying from some place that isn't well known though. I have thought about prefolds in the past as well (aren't thirsty's used with prefolds too?) but I think I prefer the idea of getting something that the grandparents feel comfortable using as well. I've been toying with the idea of getting 6 BG's and trying out other diapes for home use (I mean the most I will be working if hired full time is 3 days a week!), so I could get some prefolds too (I would have to get the hemp prefolds though, I LOVE hemp!), but I'm not sure. The thought of fitteds are okay, but they seem a little expesive when you would have to replace them while still using a current size and I don't plan on having another baby, so its not like I would be saving them. I would have to give them away or resell.
February 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
BG all the way!! I have 2.0 ones I think? I turned the backwards during that toddler phase at times! I do love the new ones! Plus, I love that they are one size! They are bulky though between the legs during the newborn phase.

I also used fuzzi bunz. I liked them, but for the cost I'd rather get the bum genius. I do not like g-diapers. Idk why, but the real deal cloth are so much more comfy and cuter!

I haven't cd or bought diapers in almost 6 years though! And dd potty trained very early!

February 26th, 2012, 01:04 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't tried the other ones you've mentioned, but I love FLIPS! They are a great diaper. Some of the best diapers I've tried are WAHMs though. Have you joined Diaper Swappers or visited the cloth diaper board here on JM? I bet they have some good reviews they could share with you of different WAHM diapers.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

February 26th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah some are are sold out now, I stalk their stocking days and order when they stock their stores All those brands are fairly well known in the CD world. You can try a mix of a couple different styles to see what you actually like since you aren't sure yet. That's what I did. Started with PF's and covers (thirsties, Proraps, Blueberries, swaddlebees, Wiggle Worm Bottoms, etc) then got a couple of different fitteds, AIO, & Pockets. Found that I'm a fitted w/ no snaps & pf lover. Hubs is a Fitted w/ snaps fein, and my MIL is a pocket fan. So we've got a bunch of everything to keep everyone happy.
... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

February 26th, 2012, 03:57 PM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
We love fuzzibunz perfect size but I also have lots of WAHM ones and this baby we also are going to be trying out Green Mountain Diaper workhorse fitteds with snaps as well as bamboozles fitteds and I am sure some others will sneak into our stash too
February 26th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Veteran
BumGenius or FuzziBunz!!!!
I actually really like the xs fb for the newborn days and then switch to the onesize 4.0's once the nb diapers are grown out of. I work p/t for a friend who owns a cloth diaper shop and get an AWESOME discount.
If some mama's here are interested maybe I can buy a bunch at my discount for some mama's here? Not sure if that's allowed but she know's I am planning on buying a TON of diapers at my discount soon.
If anyone wants me to buy them some pm me and I'll lyk prices and brands etc.
THE angry uterus likes this.

February 26th, 2012, 08:06 PM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
If you are looking for fun colors I would check out FuzziBunz. They have a great selection. I would absolutely stay away from gDiapers.

Most of my diapers are BumGenius OS pockets but I have lots of different brands. I really like Blueberry and Flips as well.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
February 27th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Blueberry and fuzzibunz have the CUTEST prints!!
February 27th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I plan on using these

Green Mountain Diapers: Workhorse Diaper

I also have prefolds and covers from my last kiddo. I prefer Thirsties covers. They are also super affordable and love that my husband is not intimidated by these like his prefolds. These still need covers but I am ok with that.

Last edited by AnotherOnTheWay; February 27th, 2012 at 06:55 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search