My fav soup...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
... is turkey soup with semolina dumplings.
You boil a turkey leg or wing with a carrot + an onion + parsnip + maybe some celery. The vegetables are just for the taste, I don't keep them after they boil. So I take out everything from the soup and make semolina dumplings. I beat an egg white till it's fluffy, I add a spoon of vegetable oil, some salt, the yolk and semolina until I get a thick paste (almost solid). I put in the soup little dumplings and let them to cook on the fire for another 10-15 minutes and that's it!!
You can chop some parsley at the end and put it in you bowl !

Actually, I'm cooking a turkey soup right now, it's one thing I can eat even if I have evening sickness. Hmm, I will take a pic and post it so you can see my fav soup!

Last edited by Bobb; February 29th, 2012 at 11:24 PM.
February 27th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds really good! yummy homemade dumplings Just a few days back I couldn't stand the thought of soup, but now it is very appealing. I had tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch.
I'm looking forward to seeing a pic! Yummy!

March 1st, 2012, 09:16 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
yum!! Thank you for taking the time to share! And even a picture, woohoo!

March 1st, 2012, 11:30 PM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
What I ALWAYS get wrong at this recipe is that I make too many dumplings (although I only use one egg) and they suck up all the soup. I end up with big fat dumplings and a spoon of liquid

I make these dumplings (but really small and kind of harder than these fluffy ones) for stews or any other dish with tomato sauce. And I give up bread by combining them.

I used to take pics of a lot of things I cooked just because I am happy when I cook ANYTHING that is tasty

Last evening I cooked some vegetables in my wok and a turkey barbecue.

March 2nd, 2012, 07:59 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That looks sooo good!!! Totally looks like something ordered at a fancy restaurant, especially with the parsnip as a garnish! Thanks so much for sharing

My 9 yr old dd watches me cook and takes pics of everything!! We got her a camcorder for Christmas so now she makes videos of me cooking!! I used to share the pics on an Android app called "Yeah I ate that", it was such a cool app! Somehow ever since it got updated I can't get it to work on any of my Android phones!

March 3rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
That's how I learnt to cook, by watching my mom. I've been her little helper in the kitchen since forever and I liked it.

I never cook fancy, I'm into simple food, some easy to make, some difficult, but all tasty. The one thing I regret is that my food doesn't look artistic, I cannot make nice decors, I am super lame at showing off my "work".

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search