?s to BTDT (about your past baby shower(s)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AnotherOnTheWay
  • 1 Post By LadyBugMommyof1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What was the key to getting through your baby shower?
Any advice to some of us who will be having our 1st
baby shower?
Did you have a good experience with your past BS?
Thanks ahead of time.
February 28th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Veteran
What was the key to getting through your baby shower? Mine was a lot of fun, nothing stressful there!
baby shower? Go with someone who has a baby when you register for gifts! They will know what you need, even if you THINK you don't need it!
Did you have a good experience with your past BS?
I did! I got sooo much stuff and it made me feel really prepared for the baby!

February 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Super Mommy
What was the key to getting through your baby shower? I really wasn't involved in the planning of mine at all. So, I literally just showed up. It was awesome to not have to worry about anything!

Any advice to some of us who will be having our 1st baby shower?I would also recommend registering with someone that has had a baby too. If you go by those sheets the store gives you, you'll register for 1/2 the store. And no matter what, you'll register for things you thought you'd use and then you don't and you won't register for things that you actually will find that you need. But enjoy the whole process- that's half the fun!!

Did you have a good experience with your past BS? Yes, it was a blast! Just a lot of family and close friends. Mine was just ladies, but I've been to men/women ones and those are fun too. Try not to stress about it and just have fun!
February 28th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
After being at a few and having my own my suggestion is to limit the number of people at each shower. Either you are rushing through opening gifts or everyone is sitting around for a long time. It also limits the time you get to interact with everyone.

Have everyone fill out an envelope with their address on it. This will help keep track of who all came but makes it super easy to send out thank you's.

Have someone write down your gifts as you open them. (or even take a picture if it is a gift full of small items).

we did a fun thing at mine. Each person was given a blank card and a number (1-5) was on the envelope. The person was to write a small "happy birthday" to my daughter for that year. They were all sealed and i have them at home. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE opening them each year. This year is the last I photocopy them each year as we open them and mail them with a thank you to the person who wrote it. The person thinks it is pretty cool to see it again as well.
THE angry uterus likes this.
February 28th, 2012, 03:41 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I LOVED my baby showers!!! With DD (my first and only so far) I had a HUGE family/friends one thrown by some SIL's, a small intimate one of some of my closest girlfriends, and a work one. All of them were super fun and I sure do hope someone throws me a shower this time...

My one piece of advice is to register...otherwise you get a bunch of stuff you may/may not want/need. Know that despite registering, some people will buy things you won't use...I donated a lot of clothes I got and couldn't return (no indication of stores or gift receipts) to a women's and children's shelter...
THE angry uterus likes this.
February 28th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I only had one baby shower and that was with my first many many years ago. I went to register with my mom I think. It doesn't always matter what you register for either, you'll get what people want to get for you! lol I think its nice though to register for a few different stores with different price ranges. Some people can afford more then other, or some have a hard time getting to the store to buy it, or even have a hard time getting it to YOU, so having an online registry option is a must (IMO) cause everyone has internet!!
February 28th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What was the key to getting through your baby shower? For me it was breathing. I don't like being the center of attention so it was hard.
baby shower? Don't stress if you don't get what you registered for.
Did you have a good experience with your past BS? All in all yes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search