Anyone start on a nursery yet?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NYCgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2012, 10:47 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm starting to stress out a bit. I was so sick the entire 1st trimester I feel like I'm so behind already! To get our nursery ready we will have to rearange our bed room and move DH's entire library 4 sets of bookshelves, and furniture to our bedroom, then we can go through the garage and hopefully locate all the baby furniture we have stored out there. Clean it and put it together. Then I still have to go through at least 30 boxes of old clothes/toys/baby things I have put away from my older 2, and wash / fold / organize those. It feels like I will never have the time to get it all done.

So is there anyone out there has gotten started on their nursery yet? How are things coming along?

March 19th, 2012, 11:07 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no net yet, but we just moved last spring, and haven't had a chance to crap up the room the baby will be going in. So other than moving DH's computer pout of there and moving a few packed baby things up there I haven't done anything.

I really do need to check the crib hardware and see it is all there.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 19th, 2012, 11:10 AM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
My main focus has been getting the rest of the house ready. We just moved in last August and the place needed painting and we have a lot of wall space that needs to be filled. If I had to guess, I'd say we're about 90% done with the rest of the house.

We have started looking at wall color for the baby room...we've narrowed down to 2 shades. We plan to start painting and decorating the nursery after 20 weeks or so. The room is small and I'm a minimalist when it comes to furniture, so there (hopefully) won't be too much to do. This is our first so maybe I should be more concerned!

March 19th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
I can't make a start until we are moved into the new house and that in theory will only be two months from now. Mind boggling...here's hoping I can get it together easily at that point.

March 19th, 2012, 12:02 PM
hikermama's Avatar Veteran
Nope, haven't started. We need everything because I sold all our baby things after our 2 boys. I am waiting to find out the gender and then I will probably start in on it. It is going to require moving my boys into another room, painting and buying alot of stuff.
March 19th, 2012, 12:25 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our guest room will probably end up being the baby's room. I can't really do anything with that room until after my ILs leave after the baby is born, because we live in a boom town half way across the country where every motel is filled up with oil workers living in them. They have to stay in that room. Than I don't know what to do with the mattress and bed after that. I would need to put it in storage. We really need either a shed or a storage unit really bad. We are eventually going to move back to our home state, but in the mean time we need space! Arrgg!

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
March 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Don't worry! You have loads of time! Try to do a little at a time and enjoy it. So many people with they had the room for a nursery and just don't.

Relax and rest. Put DH to work! It will all come together.
OatmealKisses likes this.

March 19th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
No, I have not dared go into the closet/room and get anything organized yet. I will do so after my next scan There is still plenty of time left. Funny how i am so laid back about it this time, last time i was chomping at the bit to get everything done and NOW

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
March 19th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Nope. The nursery will be in our spare room/office. Right now that room is a bonafide storage room; mattresses, boxes, misc furniture, etc. etc. The first step is simply cleaning that room out.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
March 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're not doing a nursery. Instead baby will stay in my room with that being said I have a special area for him (or room is shaped weird) He'll share a closet with me and I already cleaned that out and set up the blue organizer and started hanging stuff up just to keep it organized. We got rid of everything baby after DD so I am starting from scratch I buy here and there but will leave the furniture stuff till June. Right now my priority is to get the girls room painted, new furniture and all set up as a Big Girls space for them
March 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, havent started a thing!

We are listing our house for sale, hoping to move to another city, may have to live with a set of our parents while we find the perfect house and then move and do a nursery. Somehow, I'm not panicking yet!!!

March 19th, 2012, 06:09 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My main problem is even though we have a nice sized house we are bursting at the seams! I am sooo ready to get rid of some stuff. I will be getting rid of everything baby related as this new baby grows out of it. I have saved EVERYTHING from my kids and it's starting to drive me nuts! LOL The nursery will be tiny but all we plan on putting in there is the crib, rocker/ottoman, and the baby's clothes. So it won't take tons of time to actually get it ready, I guess I'm just stressing about the steps I need to take before we can even clean out the room to get it ready

March 19th, 2012, 09:11 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm starting to get nervous about it too...not b/c of the baby's room, but b/c we have to move DS out of the room that we use as the nursery b/c it's upstairs right next to our room. I want to get him moved and used to a new room ASAP! Before he can move, DH has to clean out the office (where his new room will be), and he/I have to clean out the guest room so he can move the office into there. It's A LOT of moving that has to be done, and DH is not on it.

March 20th, 2012, 12:05 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the baby will be in our room at first. our crib is assembled bt my two year old still sleeps in it . so i need to work on getting her into her big bed. we won't be decorating for a nursery, i did that before and then the baby spent 90% of its time in our bed anyway

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 20th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
the nursery will be our guest room/storage room so we have to move the whole bedroom suite out of there (its going to my MILs) and then get rid of the rest of the stuff. We had to put attic steps in so we could actually put the storage totes IN storage

We still have to prep the room (it needs a ceiling fan installed, I want new outlets put in there, etc) before we paint/decorate. I'm not concerned because my dad helps with all the grandkids rooms so I know DH will have help even when I'm hugely pregnant!

March 20th, 2012, 06:17 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Not yet because my 19month old is still in the nursery and crib. We'll be moving him in a few months into his big boy bed in the room with his two older brothers, but until we do that, we can't start on the nursery for this baby. Honestly, we wouldn't start now even if we could. I won't even start looking at bedding and paint colors until we know the gender. I'm finding out Saturday, but we'll probably not start on the nursery until I'm well after 20wks, probably closer to 30. That's what I've done with all of them, and though I may stress out a little before I get started, once I do get started, then I realize that I had plenty of time and stressed for nothing. So, I'm going to try to keep my past experiences in mind this time if I start stressing myself out. My main focus until then is the rest of the house. I need to go through my three boys clothes and toys and do a major clean out and pass down in sizes so I can see what they will need for the summer and fall. They've just got too many toys, so we'll be making a HUGE donation to Goodwill very soon.

Don't stress, Amy! I know that's easier said than done, but you have plenty of time!!! And, enlist the help of DH and whoever else offers, and it'll definitely lighten the load you're feeling right now.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; March 20th, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
March 20th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Veteran
You have PLENTY of time! Try not to stress

We aren't doing a nursery. Once I need maternity clothes we'll pull a bin from storage (we have one bin with maternity and all of the newborn clothes) and figure out how to organize closets to make room for clothes for 2 kids.
March 20th, 2012, 08:09 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We haven't done a thing and honestly I won't even buy anything until we know the gender. I have a GOB of girl stuff saved from DD, but no baby "gear". If this baby is a boy I am going to get rid of a lot of the stuff we saved, if its a girl I'll just be reorganizing it all.

As far as the nursery, we aren't planning on being moved until July or August so we can't really even start!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search