Gender Reveal?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lillancastermom
  • 2 Post By 3Sapphires

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Regular
My DH and I were originally going to stay team green...but my DH is such a planner and he can't handle not knowing what the baby is. So, we are going to find out. However, we've decided to have the ultrasound tech put the gender info in a sealed envelope and give it to one of my girlfriends. She is going to decorate a box that says, "Is it a boy? Is it a girl" on the outside and then fill it with either pink or blue helium balloons. We are going to take our two older kids to the park with the rest of our extended family and open the box together to see what we are having. My DH and I want to find out with our children...we thought it would be a special moment to share with them and they aren't allowed in the ultrasound room at my Dr's office. Anyone else doing something fun for a gender reveal?
bettyearl likes this.
March 19th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
That sounds so cool! Take lots of pics

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
March 19th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so cool!! Love it I saw that done online, and I may do the same. I definitely want to do something really fun and memorable! I thought about maybe filled cupcakes and a small party for the kids but I like this idea too!!

March 19th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Veteran
My only issue with this idea is that releasing balloons is bad for the environment (could do it indoors without an issue though!)
I think it's a really cute idea overall!
March 19th, 2012, 04:38 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is very cool idea!

We don't really have anyone that would want to travel for the reveal, so I was thinking of doing a video with a poem leading up to boy or girl.

Or I may just call them. Cuz I am THAT lazy

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 19th, 2012, 05:26 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
We are having an elective gender scan done Saturday, and the place allows as many people as you'd like in the room! So, we're going to have all of my boys, my mom and dad, cousin, and possibly DH's mom (although she usually doesn't "care" to come to stuff like this, she just prefers to be told???) and anyone else in the family who'd like to be there with us when we find out! This is what we did with our youngest DS and it was really special for everyone. Not only finding out the gender together, but also just getting to see baby!

I LOVE your idea, though! It's such a special way to find out together, too! I honestly just don't think I'd have the patience to wait a few extra days to find out, LOL! I can't wait to hear how this goes for you!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 19th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a cool idea! Definitely take lots of pictures.

We find out a few days before Easter. My whole family is coming to my house for the weekend, so I am considering having a cake made with the inside (the cake) either pink or blue. It would be fun to wait and find out with everyone there, but I'm not sure I can wait that long. Maybe I will find out at the appointment and surprise them!

March 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have seen pictures of people doing that and I think it is so neat! We aren't doing anything fancy for a gender reveal because we are here by ourselves and I don't think I have the patience to wait any longer that what I have to!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 20th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love your balloon idea and I think it would be such a fun way for you guys to be surprised too! Let me know if you can stick it out for that or if you find out early. lol. I am unsure what we will do...I have family twelve hours away and his family is in Alabama and we live in NY with some family and many friends so not too sure yet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search