Would a stranger on the street know that you're pregnant?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm definitely in the in-between stage. I definitely have a bump, but I think I'm a long way from a random person asking me when I'm due. My tummy was pretty flat pre-pregnancy, and right now it just looks like I've been over-indulging on gummy worms (which is actually true, oops ). With my first pregnancy, DH and I were shopping for furniture when the salesman asked if this was our first child I was excpecting. I was 22 weeks and thrilled that someone finally noticed

My Ovulation Chart
March 20th, 2012, 11:51 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It depends on the day for me! On Saturday I was really round and think I definitely looked more pregnant, today though, I feel like I just look a little chunky!

I definitely feel like I have a few more weeks to go until I really look pregnant! I have a hunch that by about 15 weeks I'll be past the in-between phase!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 20th, 2012, 11:51 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Same here. Some of the ladies at the gym overheard one of the instructors asking me how I was feeling and how far along I am. They were shocked that I was 15wks and had no clue at all that I was expecting. Some of these ladies see me regularly, at least 3-4x a week, and they said they couldn't even tell the slightest change in me yet. I definitely feel like my body has changed, but I guess I'm still a little ways away from it being obvious to someone who doesn't know. It's been a pattern for me that I haven't shown until late with all three of my previous pregnancies, so we'll see how soon or late I become obviously pregnant to outsiders!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 20th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
hubby said I look pregnant now and not just fat. I dont know if he was being nice or not lol but my profile pic shows a latest pic.
writerchick324 likes this.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
March 20th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Probably not. If I wear an empire-style top or dress someone might guess it, but I doubt they would ask.

I'm plus-size, so in regular tops I just look more chunky because I still have the standard "B" belly. Hopefully it rounds out into a nice pretty "D" belly.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
March 20th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some old lady asked me the other day when I was shopping, I don't know how she knew or if I'm just fat She's the only one whose said anything though, even the neighbors who we just told didn't notice and we see them every few days, so I'd say no, not yet.

March 20th, 2012, 12:14 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely not! Although I can definitely tell I have a little bump. I'm still fitting fairly easy in my regular jeans and just look a little extra fluffy I guess. I'm kind of disappointed to find out that most women don't show til after 18 weeks with their first, I'm going to the Dominican when I'm 15 weeks and was hoping I'd have a little belly so I don't just look fat!

March 20th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
I am plus sized too (although I have lost 10lbs at this point) to strangers I look I have just over indulged in something.
KellyLance likes this.

March 20th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
I am plus size so nope they cant tell at all. I started showing some at 22 weeks onwards with my first and gained 20lbs with it all being at the end i would LOVE to do the same or less this time. Dr said 15lbs would be ideal (i lose some as i go also)

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
March 20th, 2012, 01:53 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
No, not at all. I thought you could tell and even though I am not 'out' about the pregnancy to even my kids yet my Pilates instructor and Zumba teacher both know therefore the classes are picking up on it from them. I thought it was so obvious last week I told a couple people there. They were shocked! I was surprised, what DO people think it is not like you can HIDE anything in tight gym cloths! I guess it looks like I am 'putting on weight.' (Even though I am not!) lol!

March 20th, 2012, 02:18 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
possibly, if i was wearing something tiht. my belly has popped out quite a bit the past few days

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 20th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had someone ask yesterday, so I guess it is noticeable now. I'm pretty small normally, and I tend to show early. Makes me feel less self-conscious though! Don't want people thinking I'm indulging in too much beer, lol.

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
March 20th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No stranger has asked yet. I'm not really sure if they can tell or not. I also think a lot of people probably just think I have over indulged as well. The ladies at the grocery store I normally go to all know. One lady there guessed about 2 weeks ago, but she sees me all the time; and she took it upon herself to tell all of her co-workers, lol. I don't mind, it isn't like I'm trying to hide it; besides they all know me by name. I really hope it is obvious to people though because the in between stage sucks. I would much rather just look pregnant!

March 20th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Super Mommy
Yes, finally! I feel like I've been showing forever, but my friends told me I wasn't, and looking back, I was just looking thick around the middle. I have popped this week for sure though; even my DH said something tonight, and he generally isn't very observant.
March 20th, 2012, 06:42 PM
KrystalB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably not. I'm overweight anyway, so I usually start my day looking "normal" but by the end of the day, I'm full of bloat and do have a rounder belly. I haven't been wearing maternity clothes out of the house yet (a lot of our family still doesn't know!) but when I get home from work, I'll throw on some maternity pants and it definitely helps to round out the belly.
I'm also another one with a "B" shaped belly (and was for most of my pregnancy with ds!) but I'd also love to have a D shaped belly!

My Chart
March 20th, 2012, 06:51 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No. A stranger would just think I looked oddly plumpty dumpty. My mok told me I looked like I had LOST weight tonight. Idk how bc my belly is beyond sucking in by now, but i haven't gained any weight yet.

March 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one lady that I rarely see at work say, "Okay, so when are you due? I feel fine asking cuz it looks obvious now" So that was very reassuring! But when I am nakee, I still just look like I have a plus size tummy. It's the maternity pants that help round it out. And I have been wearing tighter shirts to see if anyone would ask.

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

March 20th, 2012, 07:12 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just look like I had a huge lunch, but I have a feeling it won't be long.

March 21st, 2012, 06:41 AM
Super Mommy
It depends on the day for me too. Some ladies at Marley's school asked me when I am due, but at a birthday party the other day I said something and one of the other mom's said "oh when you were pregnant with Evan? And I said "No, now." She looked shocked. she had no idea.. I tried to put a bathing suit on yesterday, because I want sun on my body. I just wasn't brave enough. My belly is very round, but it didn't look like a cute baby bump to me, so as soon as there is NO DOUBT in anyone's mind.. I'm sporting the two piece.
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.
March 21st, 2012, 06:45 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTheRain View Post
so as soon as there is NO DOUBT in anyone's mind.. I'm sporting the two piece.
ME TOO!!!!! It's already in the mid-80s here and I'm ready to get some sun. I feel self-conscience in a bikini now, but as soon as I pop, I'm putting it on laying out while the boys swim!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search