seriously!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2012, 02:55 PM
luvmyabsolute's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to luvmyabsolute
So I was talking to my mom today because I found out an old friend of mine from where I used to live is due October 12th (found out through her sister-n-law on facebook). I told my mom I thought it was cool that she is due one day away from being 4 weeks from me. Well my Mom goes to a popular bar on Sundays to watch nascar with her husband and guess who was in there drinking....The girl thats due in October!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!! Here is some background on her, she has had multiple M/C's because she wouldn't stop drinking when pregnant, her DS that was born last year seems to maybe have some FAS symptoms and she said she felt bad for drinking while pregnant and if she ever got pregnant again she wouldn't drink. I told her good, if you can't stop drinking for 9 months you dont deserve a child, IMHO. Well this just makes me sick!!!! My mom was so shocked. She didn't know what to say. She irks me!

Sorry for the rant, just needed to tell someone. DH is livid. He said he don't understand why someone who does that can get pregnant so easy but people who would cherish and be healthy for their pregnancies and child sometimes have trouble. I agree 100%!

*!*!*Thank you Vicki... For my Great Siggie*!*!*

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 20th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
That disgusts me!!!! I know each person has the right to their own decisions about their life, but there is a little baby human growing inside you, that you're supposed to protect!

I don't think I'd be able to keep my mouth shut if I saw that!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
March 20th, 2012, 03:15 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyabsolute View Post
Sorry for the rant, just needed to tell someone. DH is livid. He said he don't understand why someone who does that can get pregnant so easy but people who would cherish and be healthy for their pregnancies and child sometimes have trouble. I agree 100%!
Ain't that the truth! I can't believe how many foolish women can get pregnant (and so many times, too) and then people who are truly ready for it can't. Such an injustice I have witnessed something similar with a girlfriend of a friend's cousin. She was drinking and wore a baggy coat to conseal her pregnancy. One of my friends walked up to her and said "How far along are you??" very happily and you could tell that she was horribly embarassed.
3Sapphires and luvmyabsolute like this.

March 20th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That makes me so angry Stuff like that just about put me over the edge while we were in our 2+ year struggle with infertility. I just.could.not.understand. why women who are so unselfish were being blessed with babies when I had been trying, hoping, and praying for one for so long. I don't even drink coffee while pregnant.

My Ovulation Chart
March 20th, 2012, 03:41 PM
luvmyabsolute's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to luvmyabsolute
Well the last time she was pregnant she wore a baggy shirt to the bar, and I was there with a couple friends and she came in, ordered a Jack and Coke and then when she left I told the bartender she was pregnant, so when she came back to get a beer the bartender refused to serve her! LOL
mnmstone likes this.

*!*!*Thank you Vicki... For my Great Siggie*!*!*

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 20th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that is awful. Truly awful. There are laws against so many things but not many in place to protect the unborn. It truly is a shame in my opinion. I wont even get started on the lack of rights for unborn babies, but it really makes me sick! It just isn't fair

March 20th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
It should be child endangerment and ppl should be arrested for child abuse if seen in a bar drinking while pregnant.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
March 20th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Super Mommy
That is really horrible. My friend tried for 5 years to get pregnant... I didn't try nearly as long but after having 6 m/c and seeing what my friend went through (she was finally blessed and adopted a baby girl in Oct), I think it is unbelievable when I hear these things. There should be a law against women drinking while pregnant since it can seriously harm the baby. I just can't believe the disregard these women have. I was drinking before I found out I was pregnant with DS#3 and I felt horrible... I was only 4 weeks when I found out and was drinking around 3 weeks so I couldn't have known but I still felt horrible. I couldn't imagine knowingly doing that.

March 20th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Frugile Wife
drunk drivers can get homicide for an unborn child and murders can get murder for unborn children why cant the mothers who smoke crack and are alcoholics!!!
momma_d likes this.

Facebook.com/Squishybums
March 20th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That makes me so mad!

March 20th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Frugile Wife
mommy to 3 boys, the baby doesnt suffer from the effects of alcohol until the placenta is feeding he baby, so woman are safe if they just find out they are pregnant and had been drinking. Its like natures little pretection, the baby doesnt get nutrients from you for anything until youve missed a cycle and are aware you need to make good choices in everything.

Facebook.com/Squishybums
March 20th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Frugile Wife
according to the law this woman can go to jail if her baby dies. the law is called :

Intentional failure to sustain life and health of aborted viable infant

this is according to LA law and many other states have the same law. Any person who commits the crime of intentional failure to sustain the life and health of an aborted viable infant shall be imprisoned at hard labor for not more than twenty-one years.

woman in the past have been convicted of this for endangering their unborn children when they have died bc of an action they chose knowing it would kill the baby. SOmeone needs to bring this to her attention and of the athorities in her area, they will prolly have the kid taken away at birth bc of endanerment and the one she has!

Facebook.com/Squishybums
March 20th, 2012, 04:45 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
This just makes me sick to my stomach. I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut if I'd ever seen anything like this. After struggling for 7months to conceive (and that's nowhere near length the journey of many of my friends have been/are on), it just literally hurts me. It seriously is like they have NO CLUE how blessed they are! I just want to shake them and say "don't you realize you have a helpless baby growing inside of you!!! It's a blessing to be growing a life and entrusted with it....please take that responsibility seriously!!! Baby is depending on you for everything at this point, but most importantly, it's health!"

We've seen pregnant women smoking outside our dr's office several times. And, I'm not talking about just found out and needing to gradually wean themselves off and cut back, I'm talking due to go any day. Luckily, my DH always makes a remark to me about how ungrateful they are being to me loud enough for them to hear. He saves me from going on a hormonal rant to their face, LOL.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; March 20th, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
March 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Frugile Wife
if someone petioned the state to adopt the baby based on her drinking while pregnant and had pics of her in a bar and witnesses, they would give custody up to a stranger in 2 seconds as soon as it was born.

Facebook.com/Squishybums
March 20th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
That's awful!

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
March 20th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Kasey36's Avatar Mommy of 2 soon :)
WOW!! It took me 3 years to get pregnant with my first son and this baby it took me like 8 months!!! This just makes me sick! I am like the other's, I would not have been able to keep my mouth shut! Some people make me sick!!! So many wonderful woman that can NOT get pregnant and then to have somebody like this not only get one baby but two!!
March 21st, 2012, 05:45 AM
Veteran
Ugh! That is just awful
March 21st, 2012, 05:55 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sometimes life is so unfair. I don't understand how women like that can fall pregnant so easily while so many others struggle for a baby they would love and protect.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 21st, 2012, 06:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that just makes me sick...it's one thing to not know you are pregnant but to intentionally harm the baby? so not fair.....

March 21st, 2012, 08:34 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
These stories always make me very sad to hear. I'm sure i would feel the same way if i heard of a friend doing this, BUT to me it sounds like she might very well be an alcoholic in which case she needs help from an outside source. Sure, she's making the choice to go and drink so its most definitely her putting her baby at risk.. I've never struggled with any addiction to drugs but from someone who's seen what addictions can do to people its not that easy to just stop cold turkey. She probably needs someone in her life to help her get into recovery, for both her and her baby's sake. I've heard more stories than i can count about women who couldn't stop smoking while they were pregnant because its such a strong addiction. It would be easy for me to say "how horrible of them for not caring about their baby enough to stop" but who am i to say that just because its not a problem i've had? I'm not comfortable enough to feel like i can say none of them care about their unborn child. Addictions are tough to beat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search