Ambien

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Sigyl's Avatar Veteran
So, I was prescribed Ambien for insomnia. I have mixed feelings about this because I find conflicting information about it being Class B or Class C.

Sooooooooooo:
1) Is anyone else taking ambien?
2) I was prescribed 10mg, but I will likely break them into halves. But how frequently can it be taken? The "as necessary" doesn't really help me know when I'm taking too much in a week's time, etc

For now, I will hold off but be happy to have it if I am desperate for sleep. My OB didn't seem too concerned about it, but I find I look to you ladies for guidance as much as I do my team of midwives.
March 21st, 2012, 12:57 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i was prescribed it also. i take half a 10mg pill about 2-3 times per week. i had horrible insomnia before pregnancy so i had a feeling it was going to get worse during. for me, i have other kids so i have to at least sleep a few times a week! i take tylenol pm or benadryl on the other days so i can get a few hours. trust your own instincts, and use it sparingly and you should be ok

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 21st, 2012, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used to take ambien and its a once nightly med(or less often if you don't need it every night)..Try not to take it unless you absolutely need it because it is habit forming and a lot of ppl become dependent on it..I know after a while I couldnt sleep without it..My sister is in the same situation..She's been taking it for more than a yr and can't miss a night or she doesnt sleep..It also seems to make you do things you wouldnt normally do and you don't remember it..LOL..Such as..get pregnant..I know you don't have to worry about that right now but..it happens a lot..Both my sisters managed to conceive while taking it and dont remember anything about it..During the time I took it I woke up in different pajamas and would find the ones I went to bed in in odd places..like..under the kitchen sink..I do second the above posters reccomendation about the tylenol pm..that stuff knocks me out..its on the "safe" list during pregnancy and if you happen to have any minor pain it'll take care of that too..

March 21st, 2012, 07:54 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unisom doesn't do anything for you? I don't have problems sleeping, but even a 1/2 unisom makes me feel like I need to take a nap within 20 minutes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search