High pulse rate

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2012, 08:24 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been seeing an endocrinologist and he typically measures my pulse. It was 106 yesterday. He thought it was a bit high. A month ago it was in the 70s and 2 weeks ago - 90. I've told him about the more frequent palpitations that I've had over the weekend as well. He said to notify the OB just in case, so I left them a message.
Since then I've googled it and it seems that it could be normal in pregnancy, so hopefully that's all it is.
I don't think anyone measured my pulse in my pregnancy with DD, so I don't know what's normal for me.
Anyone else has a higher rate than before pregnancy?

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
March 21st, 2012, 08:39 AM
Super Mommy
I know the average resting heart rate for a non-Preggo is 60-70, and for a preggo it's about 90. More blood to pump, mostly.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
March 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This has happened to me in a couple of my pregnancies. When I was pregnant with my twins my resting heart rate was above 100 most of the time. I had frequent heart palpitations as well. I wore a holter monitor for 24 hours and they found nothing. I had an increase in heart palpitations the next year after my 2 year old was born via c-section. I wore the monitor again for 24 hours and they only recorded one skip, so not a big deal. My resting heart rate for the first 11 weeks of this pregnancy was around 100, but has gone down to the lower 80's recently. They doctor said it's normal, and the first trimester is a lot of work. I'm having heart palpitations again, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing to be worried about.

March 21st, 2012, 10:07 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my son, mine got up to around 180 resting. Never caused a problem for the baby but I couldn't do a thing! Ended up on bed rest for a few months before delivery but it didn't help. My doctor told me it was probably the hormones causing it and it may happen again this time, but it shouldn't stop me from having more kids.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 21st, 2012, 10:22 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I believe there is a poster in the July DDC who was having ongoing issues with a high heart rate, like up over 100. I can't remember her username.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 21st, 2012, 10:30 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine got really high (over 100) a lot when I was in my 3rd trimester with DD. I called the ER to talk to a nurse bc it was after hours and the nurse told me that when it happens I need to just rest and not doing anything. It scared the crap out of me though bc it felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest! My doctor's answer for everything last pregnancy was "well... you ARE pregnant..." but then he would explain why it was happening and reassured me.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 21st, 2012, 10:44 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
OK wow I am a total idiot. I did some digging and I was completely off - it wasn't the July DDC, which is why I couldn't remember who posted it. Its the August DDC and her name is HippieLove

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...update-me.html

That's the topic she posted when she was having the issues. She's really nice and I bet she'd be happy to answer any questions - like what they did for her, if she's still having problems, etc. if you PM her. The topic itself is quite old.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 21st, 2012, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to the doctor the other day for bronchitis and strep throat and he notice my heart rate was higher...like 120's. normally it is 80ish, but they too said it could have been the pregnancy. they did a quick echo and it had gone down in the high 90's low hundreds and they said it was normal enough for a pregnant woman lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search