Strep throat

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2012, 08:36 AM
Super Mommy
I have it. And a cough. And an ear infection. So let me tell you about this.

I cannot eat because my throat hurts. I've contemplated getting a spittoon just so I can stop swallowing altogether. No not really, I'm still drinking a ton of water and popping cough drops like there's no tomorrow. But I still can't eat. And so what does Baby in Utero do to me? Makes me throw up. THROW UP. After eating NOTHING. With a sore throat. I wanted to knock myself over the head with something hard and have it all end right there. Instead I just force myself to eat, because it hurts a little less going down than the stomach acid does coming up. And I thought having a cold was bad.

This brings my "pity Kes" post to an end. Thank you for reading it, and for subsequently finding it in your heart to pity me.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
March 21st, 2012, 08:43 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry you have to suffer through all of this! I have been having either a bad cold or allergies for a few days now with a bad sore throat and this cough is killing me.
I cannot imagine having strep throat and an ear infection too! Ouch! I really hope you start to feel better ASAP!

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
March 21st, 2012, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had tonsilitis (very similiar to strep) my first few weeks preggo and it was THE worst! I know how you feel try gurgling warm salt water. It'll help with the sore throat and maybe you can eat right after you do so. Feel better!!!

March 21st, 2012, 09:20 AM
Super Mommy
I don't know if I did it wrong or what, but gargling didn't help anything at all when I tried it yesterday. =(
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
March 21st, 2012, 09:58 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh man! that sounds worse than miserable!!!!

feel better!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 21st, 2012, 10:12 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh no!! Gargling never helps for me, though it is supposed to. When my throat hurts usually the only thing I can drink is dark soda, like Coke, because the carbonation feels good.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 21st, 2012, 10:18 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh i'm so sorry!! I can't imagine throwing up with a sore throat For me since i get nauseous when my stomach is hungry i'm sure that would be the cause of the vomitting. I've had strep throat so many times in my life that it never stops me from eating. Honestly it takes a lot to get this lady to stop eating The most helpful thing for me has always been lots of cough drops and water which you're already doing. Hope you feel better soon!

March 21st, 2012, 10:18 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you feel better!

March 21st, 2012, 05:52 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
How miserable!! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
March 22nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry. I have been suffering from bronchitis and strep too. I ended up having to take the antibiotics because it just would not get better It is the worst when you have to vomit with the sore throat though. Hope it clears up fast for you!

~mommy of 3 angels and one handsome boy~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search