Medical Scheme

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2012, 08:07 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
I am hating our medical aid (insurance) at the moment, they are only covering a third of my visits and then it is covered from my savings plan. So I am paying for everything myself anyway. I really adore the new gynae but his prices have just gone up, end of trimester visits are $210 and "regular" in-between visits are $75.

Seeing him would suck up all the savings we have and I am not the only one who will need to see a doc over the next few months. *sigh* I am phoning the gynae who delivered Kenny tomorrow. His prices are "medical aid rates" which means he charges half of what the current one does.

The difference between the two is literally waiting time, the current one = zero and the old one = 1 hour. I have a Kindle so at least I can read while waiting and save some money instead.

March 21st, 2012, 08:32 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry! That does make things very difficult. In all honesty, if I were in your situation, I would go with the previous Dr. to save the money as long as you feel comfortable with him!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 21st, 2012, 09:01 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd also rather saving some money and having a bit of a wait.. but it does suck....

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 21st, 2012, 09:02 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you're having to switch OBs.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd also probably go with the less expensive option unless i really liked the other doctor more. We are choosing to go to a birthing center even though for us it will end up costing us more because insurance doesn't cover it but it is one of those things that is worth it to me. If its only the waiting time that bugs you then i'd switch.

March 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so frustrating! I got pregnant at the right time, because I was planning to put my husband on my insurance without really looking into it much. He learned that his job would cut him a check for about $5k at the end of the year if he didn't use their insurance. Once I got preg, I learned we would be paying a $5200 deductible before anything was covered. Needless to say I went on DH's and now we have a $100 deductible!

Anyway, I would probably switch back too. The wait is worth it if you are saving money.

March 21st, 2012, 09:57 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks ladies, I will definitely be switching back. He was a great doc and initially we didn't go back to him because of the wait and he was further away from us. We move in six weeks and he will be ten minutes away now.

I honestly have to wonder if insurance and medical aid hasn't just become a scheme nowadays to sucker us out of money.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search