sometimes my mom makes me want to punch her.

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Sagga02
  • 3 Post By LovesTheRain
  • 2 Post By palmetto_moon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2012, 03:41 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
when we told her I was pregnant she said is this really high pitched condescending tone

"I just know it is another little boy - hahahah!" - I said, well maybe, we'll in an equally squeaky condescending tone.

then today I called to get an update on my dad, he hasn't been doing well lately.

Anyway,

she told me she has the u/s pic and the boys pics taped up in his room, and that a nurse walked in saw the pic and said that is a little boy.

no mind you this picture is a profile shot with no nub showing and taken at 11w and a few days. So there is no way to tell the difference between a boy and girl at this point at all. And I far as I know both sexes have a head, 2 arms, 2 legs, etc.

And she just "HAD" to tell me this.

I have such a hard time with gender disappointment, why can't she just let me have the next few weeks to hope it is a girl.

She has to ruin everything for me.

I know you can't really compare pregnancies, but this one has been so very different than the other ones, my boys pregnancies were nearly identical, and this has just been so different. Not to mention, we did sway for a girl with diet and timing.

She just refuses to let me enjoy the time I have .

And when I do find out it is a boy, she is going to laugh her head off at me and that will not make the gender disappointment any better.

oh, and then I was telling her how sick I have been with this pregnancy, not really having any cravings, having to force myself to eat etc... And that I really thought I was missing out on the pregnancy experience by not having m/s with the boys.

And she says, oh yes, m/s is awful, I remember it well. Now ***! 3 weeks ago when I was complaining about being sick as a dog she told me she never had m/s and couldn't sympathize with me.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Last edited by 3Sapphires; March 21st, 2012 at 03:46 PM.
March 21st, 2012, 04:05 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you have to deal with those comments I understand in a way, some family members are convinced that DH can only make boys because there are all boys in his family. His Grandma has said how she feels this will most definitely be a boy since everyone else has boys. It annoys me not because i am desperately hoping for a girl but because i don't believe that to be true and feel it could very well be a girl! I do like to prove people wrong though As for your moms reasons she feels its a boy, they are clearly completely unreliable. Have you tried talking to her and telling her the comments really bug you?

March 21st, 2012, 04:06 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Do you know how you fix people like this.....you KILL them with love, niceness. Even though you want a girl simply say oh i do hope its a boy, oh i will be so excited, 3 sons will be great etc etc etc. She will shut her trap! Dont let her know you want a girl so badly, seems like she is enjoying that to much.

Sad your own mother needs to be that way! She sounds like the one with gender disappointment herself!

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
March 21st, 2012, 07:14 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pretty sure I am going to have gender disappointment as well, no matter what it is cuz I will wonder what the baby could have been if it was something else! How terrible is that?

And pretty much EVERYONE thinks I am having a girl, and only Tim and I think it is a boy. We won't find out until I deliver. I am hoping I will just be happy it's a baby since I didn't think I could have kids, but I am sure I will be a little disappointed!

I say don't listen to what she nor the nurse says. I think the RN was just trying to cheer your dad up, knowing it was too soon to tell. And I think your mom was just joking with it, not thinking about the disappointment you may face if it was a boy. Just keep your chin up and punch her in your dreams.

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

March 21st, 2012, 07:20 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I'm sorry she's treating you that way!

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
March 22nd, 2012, 12:34 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
being pregnant and hormonal is bad enough without having to deal with crap like that! can you maybe avoid talking to her for the next few weeks until you know the gendr for sure? that way she can't feed off your anxiety about it.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 22nd, 2012, 06:17 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm so sorry. That's awful! I wonder if she is joking about it and not realizing that it's hurting you so much? I'd maybe try to tell her that she's upsetting you and see if that yields any results. If not, just avoid her until you know, or I also like the other suggestion of saying that you're hoping for a boy and act excited about the possibility of another boy and maybe that'll make it less enjoyable for her if her intention is to get under your skin. As far as the RN, what would she know? Unless she's trained in reading U/S, I'm not sure why she'd make that comment. All babies have nubs at that gestational age and the angle of the nub is only a theory. Sorry you're having such a rough time with her.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 22nd, 2012, 06:29 AM
Super Mommy
The title of this post made me laugh out loud! Im sorry sweetie. Mothers can be so rude. They feel like they can speak to you any way they choose just because they're your mothers. EVERYONE deserves respect, and everyone has feelings. I would tell her that God knows what is best for your family, and she can keep her comments to herself, Thank you very much. But that is just me. I don't put up with anything. I am praying you get your baby girl. Love and Hugs!
March 22nd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTheRain View Post
The title of this post made me laugh out loud! Im sorry sweetie. Mothers can be so rude. They feel like they can speak to you any way they choose just because they're your mothers. EVERYONE deserves respect, and everyone has feelings. I would tell her that God knows what is best for your family, and she can keep her comments to herself, Thank you very much. But that is just me. I don't put up with anything. I am praying you get your baby girl. Love and Hugs!
Ditto ^ but the topic headline made e crack up

March 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also cracked up at the title. I think many of us can relate. If its a boy just act super thrilled about it in front of her that way she can't play off of any gender disappointment you might feel. Just go on and on about how amazing it will be to be the Queen Bee in a household of boys (it is really amazing). And if its a girl say, Yay, we're thrilled, but a boy would have been fabulous too. Don't give her any ammunition at all. Either way, Ami...God has the perfect baby picked out for you. The one He's been planning to give you since before you were born.
I don't say that to dismiss your feelings at all. I also had a tough time with gender disappointment before we had a girl. At one point we had five boys! People never hesitated to make a stupid comment. Sometimes when we'd say we were having a boy with our fifth one people would go "awwwwww," and it made me feel even worse.
Just keep trusting that God makes no mistakes and He created this baby to be part of your family no matter what. And next time your mom makes a mean comment, close your eyes and envision the punch you'd like to deliver. LOL!
3Sapphires and amazing_love like this.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search