OT: Feeling really anxious

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2012, 06:06 PM
Super Mommy
I had to take my five year old DD today to have blood work done. Long story short(ish), she's ALWAYS sick. Not hospital sick (aside from one ER visit), just sickly.
Longer explanation- It used to be that she caught every stomach bug that went around, spiked a fever every time she got the sniffles, and just seems puny a lot. When she was 2.5 years old, she was sick from Halloween to New Years. (This is not an exaggeration. It was one bug after another, with barely enough time in between to feel comfortable taking her out of the house.) At 3.5, she got pneumonia, and that was the start of 3x in 18 months, plus several cases of bronchitis and a general diagnosis of asthma and allergies. Oh, and she has photoallergic reactions as well, which basically means that she can't have anything on her skin if she goes in the sun because the combination of sunlight and whatever (suncreen, lotion, shampoo residue, etc) causes a burning red rash and hives that last for days.
Anyway, she had her well child visit last week and her pediatrician feels that she's finally old enough for it to be worth doing allergy testing, plus visiting a puminologist about the recurrent respiratory junk. Well, she's also been creeping up on her weight percentiles. This could be due to all the oral steroids (they cause some water retention and increased appetite), it could be a growth spurt, it could be because her stamina is really low so she doesn't burn off as much energy. But our diet is generally pretty good- she only drinks milk or water, we eat out about once a week, and she loves vegetables. So something's not adding up.
We did the bloodwork today (explaining to a five year old that they are going to stick a needle in her arm is not easy) and I wasn't worked up until now. I am terrified of what they are going to find on these tests. I'm sitting here feeling my blood pressure creeping up. On the one hand, we need these to determine if it's something relatively simple like anemia, plus the allergist will probably need them, but I'm freaking out that something else will show. I know it's better to know, but that's not making me feel better now. I'm worried about everything from finding out that my five year old has unexplainable high cholesterol to finding out she has a serious chronic illness. Someone please shake some sense into me!
March 21st, 2012, 06:42 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs!! It's hard when your LO is sick like that. I hope you get some relief and good answers. Hopefully it isn't anything major, but at least you're a proactive mama and keeping on top of it.

My oldest has health issues similar to yours (sick all the time, multiple occurances of bronchitis and pneumonia, reactive airway disease, allergies, and illness related asthma that progressed to sports and allergies asthma).

Big hugs!

March 22nd, 2012, 04:32 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*big hugs*

anything involving our kids is just a nightmare. Whatever it is, you will be able to manage, because you have to..

I'll be praying that is nothing serious.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 22nd, 2012, 06:12 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm so sorry and your anxiousness is completely understandable. One thing my DH always tells me (because I also tend to get myself worked up) is don't stress or worry until we know what we're dealing with and that there's a reason for worry. I know it's not that easy, but it sometimes helps to calm me down a bit. At least knowing will give you some answers as well as some solutions. I hope this turns out to be nothing at all or very minor at the least, as well as something that's easily treatable. Most importantly, prayers for you and your daughter and her health. (((Hugs))) Please keep us updated!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 22nd, 2012, 07:45 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I hope you get some answers and that they are ones that are easily fixed with little to no stress for you or your daughter.
March 22nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Super Mommy
Thank you ladies. I just spoke to the doctor's office and the tests all came back normal, which is fantastic, but which also means we still don't know what's wrong. I just want to put these little girls in bubbles and lock them in the house!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search