gender reveal??

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyz
  • 1 Post By Risa

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2012, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
anyone have a gender reveal party???

WE ARE!!!! I'm excited because I love any excuse to host a party

We've decided that since this is likely our last baby we wanted to make it extra special and not just find out in the ultrasound room. We are having the tech write it in a card, put the ultrasound pics in a sealed envelope and giving the card to a local cupcake maker. We're having the party that night (u/s is at 8am) and we'll be finding out with everyone else!! Everyone will get their own cupcake with the right colored filling

DH and I decided that since we didn't care if this baby was a boy or a girl, we would find out with everyone else

I've been planning a blue vs. pink party and I'm so excited! It'll be April 20th so I just sent out the invites. I know I'll be a crying fool if we find out this baby is a boy because I have just resigned to the fact that we are having two girls (I have no idea why, I just don't feel like this one is a boy). I'll be happy to have a little sister for Bella but would love a boy since I'm the last hope to have a grandson on my side of the family.
Bobb likes this.

March 22nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that sounds like a lot of fun!

None of our family lives very close, and the ones that are within driving distance don't usually like to visit.

So nothing special planned.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 22nd, 2012, 09:21 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds awesome, I can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Our family Easter is on Saturday April 7th, and my elective ultrasound in Friday April 6th. DH and I will be finding out at the u/s, but we are also getting a DVD of the session, so on Saturday I'll play the DVD with everyone around and that's how we are making the "big reveal!" I can't wait

March 22nd, 2012, 09:21 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it sounds like a lot of fun but we won't do a party this time.. maybe next time around I'm sure it will be a blast though!! My friend went all out with hers had decorations and people dressed all in blue or pink depending on what team they were on. The pics all looked super fun (i was sick that day so couldn't go) but have fun with it!

March 22nd, 2012, 09:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I am going to make a mini cake with either its a boy or its a girl written on it to tell my kids, and I will just post pics on facebook to share with everyone else.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

March 22nd, 2012, 12:07 PM
Veteran
That sounds great! We aren't telling until we know the gender. I haven't decided if we'll do something clever or not
March 22nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds great!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!! So exciting!!

I am thinking of doing something very similar, but just for DH and I and the kids Everyone else we will just tell. Except for MIL who lives nearby, we will be bringing her cupcakes or a small cake with the correct filling to tell her and her fiancee.

March 22nd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Risa's Avatar Veteran
I love the idea of making them dress in the color they think it will be! That is such a cute idea!
Sprinkle 2010 likes this.

March 22nd, 2012, 07:40 PM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love this!

I'm thinking of doing something similar, but just with my family who will be in town for Easter. I love the idea of dressing on a boy or girl "team!" And what a good excuse to throw a party!

March 23rd, 2012, 04:29 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an appointment at 14 weeks 5 days on April 6th so if by some miracle we find out what it is then we will definitely do something like this on Easter with my family!

March 24th, 2012, 08:23 AM
squiligi's Avatar Veteran
We're finding out next weekend. We're going to fill Easter eggs with colored jelly beans and fill a basket with a sign that says we're spilling the beans and everyone can open them together. I'm super excited to find out!
March 24th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, cool plan! We won't be doing a party or anything like that, but we'll see how to "announce" to the family

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search