Brushing my teeth makes me sick!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Veteran
Aghhhh! All week I have been trying not to get sick after brushing my teeth and today I actually did get sick: obviously I cant go the remainder of the pregnancy without brushing haha soooo I hope this passes fast! Anyone else having this problem?
March 22nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes, brushing my teeth often makes me nauseas and makes me gag, ESPECIALLY in the morning. I've yet to actually puke though (knock on wood)

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
March 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Veteran
I'm okay on the teeth front. Not so much if I brush my tongue. I do find that it's easier if there isn't any toothpaste on the brush when I brush my tongue, at least.
March 22nd, 2012, 01:12 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear ya! I get nauseous when i brush my tongue and gurgle water. Its a lot worse in the morning when i brush so i just try not to brush too far back.

March 22nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
I have it on and off, it was a lot worse earlier in the pregnancy but it has not gone away completely. I make sure i lean over the sink and have the water running, wash my brush and spit a bunch so there is not much build up in my mouth.

Sucks!

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
March 22nd, 2012, 02:07 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes! It was bad, then better, no worse again. It makes me gaggy and I have to take breaks often. Argh!

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
March 22nd, 2012, 06:18 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm right there with you. I'm still gagging and feeling sick every time I brush my teeth, and I have thrown up while brushing more than I'd like to remember. I hope it passes, too! I haven't dealt with this through past pregnancies, so I have nothing to compare it to for if/when it will let up.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 23rd, 2012, 07:46 AM
Yes same hear espeically in the mornings. I must breakfast first but it still makes me gag! I went to dentist for cleaning and asked them and they said to at least try to brush w/toothbrush and just water. They also gave me kids toothpaste that is bubble gum and I have tried that and it seesm to be much much better than the mint toothpaste. Maybe try those to help you out.
March 23rd, 2012, 07:54 AM
Veteran
Thanks for making me feel better ladies! Knowing I am not alone in the teeth brushing dept. is nice haha even though I dont wish that on any of you! I closed my eyes today while brushing and tried singing a song in my head to take my mind off of it Glad DH was already at work and my 2 year old DD wont laugh too hard at me. lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search