Hodgkins Lymphoma :-( ** UPDATE **

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Super Mommy
Praying for strength for you and your family.
March 24th, 2012, 07:11 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sooo sooo sorry I'm glad talking to thr oncologist helped a bit and I hope they caught everything in time for it to not be an issue.
You will be in my T&Ps :hugs:

March 24th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Veteran
Your consult with the oncologist sounded very good. I will keep praying for you. You must be one special mom and this must be a very special baby.
Love and prayers!

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
March 24th, 2012, 07:26 AM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so happy you have found a good doctor and that they are looking at treatments to use sooner rather than later. Many many prayers that you are in the early stages. Will they give you an Epi for the bone marrow biopsy?

, ,,,,,,
March 24th, 2012, 07:31 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is amazing that your oncologist is so experienced with treating women in your circumstance and I feel better seeing that you feel better. I am holding onto hope that everything is still in early stages. Thank you so much for keeping us updated. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for the long haul <3

Ashley
Ashley
March 24th, 2012, 07:46 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like you have a great team of doctors!

I am praying with all my might that it is very early! You have all my prayers!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 24th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. I will be praying for you and your little bub, try to think positive your baby needs your strength and mental attitude can make a big diff in stress levels. I hope its in the early stages and they can eradicate any signs of it very soon.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
March 24th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Nikke2527's Avatar Veteran
I am from the Aug board but wanted to tell you that you are in my prayers.
March 24th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Veteran
Oh my gosh
That is terrifying and awful and I am SO sorry you are going through this **HUGS**
March 24th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Super Mommy
Crystal, I will pray for you everyday. Love and hugs to you sweetie!
March 24th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaBee View Post
I'm so happy you have found a good doctor and that they are looking at treatments to use sooner rather than later. Many many prayers that you are in the early stages. Will they give you an Epi for the bone marrow biopsy?
All they will give me for the biopsy is a localized injection of novacain, since I'm pregnant. I'm very nervous about the pain. For my surgery yesterday all I got was a novacain injection so I felt much of the surgery because the lymph node was so deep in my tissue. It was the most excrutiating thing I've ever experienced.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
March 24th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I amazed at your strength already through this. Hold onto that and it will get you through this!!!! My Best friend was diagnosed w/ stage 3 ovarian cancer a few years ago. She's one of the toughest people I knew. She basically said, "This sin't going to get me" and it didn't She is now in remission and doing great. I will be praying you get the same great results.

It is so good that your doctor is experienced in treating pregnant women. I'm sure that makes you guys feel better. Does she have any good support groups you could join? That was one thing my friend wished she would have had. But all the other women with ovarian cancer were very much older.'

Been saying lots of prayers for you!

March 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
squiligi's Avatar Veteran
Oh dear I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you the best of luck
March 24th, 2012, 02:39 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry. You will be in my thoughts a prayers. Sounds like you have some good doctor's working with you.

[
March 24th, 2012, 06:29 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I will be praying for you.
March 24th, 2012, 07:36 PM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you're comfortable with the oncologist and that she sounds positive. I will keep praying and hoping for all the best!

March 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM
faith*hope*love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am popping in from Oct DDC, I just want to say that a little over 3 years ago my mother was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma, stage II B. She went through chemo every 2 weeks for 6 months, by the half way point she was in remission but continued the treatments to make sure everything was taken care of. I know she didn't have the added stress of bringing bub into this world, but if you are going to have lymphoma Hodgkins is the best type to have so to speak. I will be praying for you a bub, if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm.

Special thanks to cavewoman for my wonderful siggy!

March 25th, 2012, 08:57 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm heartbroken for you, but so so so hopeful. I had a friend whise husband had this, and then a couple years after she got it. Strange, but tuey were both treated and are totally cancer free. KUP on everything.

March 26th, 2012, 07:17 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Oh, Crystal! I've been so busy over the weekend, that I'm just not getting a chance to catch up. I'm so sorry to hear this news. Your strength and outlook absolutely amaze me. I will be keeping you, your baby, and your family in my prayers and pray that God heals you quickly and that this is will be as pain-free an experience as possible. (((hugs)))
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 26th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Brandiwine3's Avatar Veteran
Oh, sweetie, this was not the outcome we wanted to hear of. Your positive outlook, coupled with the encouraging news from your docs, is very inspirational. Please know that we are all rallying around you in support. You, are, without a doubt, a very strong woman...I'm so glad you didn't wait (nor did your doctor) in taking immediate action. (((HUGS)))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search