What all have you bought so far?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2012, 01:51 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I found a couple of good deals this weekend...

I bought an infant seat. It's got a girly cover, but I decided if it's a boy I'll take the cover off my old carseat and put it on the new one since the cover is still in good shape (but the carseat is expiring). So I got my MAIN purchase done And I got it CHEAP!!!

THEN I found someone on craigslist that was selling CASES of huggies diapers for only $12 each!!! So I bought 1 newborn and 2 cases of size 1's. That was like 370 diapers for $36!

Now as soon as I find out if it's a girl or a boy and find thier take home outfit I will be all set Even though I haven't made much progress on the nursery I feel like I've actually accomplished some stuff this week

March 25th, 2012, 02:03 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so far all I have purchased is a Christmas sleep sack...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 25th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've gotten a few packs of diapers when they were on sale, a carter's one piece suit or the winter (fuzzy bear so it's gender neutral) and I had coupons for avent binkies for $.79 each so I got a few. That's all until we find out the gender

March 25th, 2012, 03:27 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've bought a bunch of gender neutral clothes at Marshall's and thrift stores, so all very cheap! My MIL has bought us some little things, like shampoo, wipes, and bibs. I have also bought a bunch of my favorite baby books! Other than that no big purchases yet!

March 25th, 2012, 03:31 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I bought the bassinet and a few baby books. (I had to have Goodnight Moon and Guess How Much I Love You). I'm borrowing a swing and bouncer seat. Now just waiting to know the gender so I can really go crazy with my shopping.

March 25th, 2012, 03:43 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've bought a few neutral clothing, sleep sack that was too good of a deal to pass up and some big swaddle blankets that are also gender neutral. That's all i can think of although there might be more. I can't wait to find out the gender in 2 weeks!!

March 25th, 2012, 03:44 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
not a single thing i am not that organised so i willprobably be rushing around in my eighth month like last time!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
A big fat NOTHING! lol. I am waiting to find out the sex of the babe first. So I'll be waiting a while - end of April is our 'big scan'.

March 25th, 2012, 04:55 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
5 cloth diapers, nothing else.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
March 25th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing yet. I am really trying to wait to see if I am having a boy or girl!! Hurry up April 16th!! I am totally losing patience and have been looking at lots of stuff I want to buy. I just really don't want to buy gender neutral things. I love the wider variety to choose from once I know if baby is a boy or girl!!

March 25th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing.

March 25th, 2012, 06:00 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed Mommy Of 5 View Post
Hurry up April 16th!! I am totally losing patience and have been looking at lots of stuff I want to buy.
That's my birthday.
Blessed Mommy Of 5 likes this.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
March 25th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing! I bought a few things before last year's miscarriage and still have them - stuff like car seat cover, infant head support set, stroller cover. All girly though, so waiting till the U/S to get anything else. Come on April 10

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
March 26th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that hasn't bought anything lol. We have some stuff from Vinny like his swing and I know most everything we don't have I will want gender specific especially if it's a girl so I'm waiting. I might buy a pack of diapers today since I have a coupon and all lol.

March 26th, 2012, 07:39 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far, I have not bought anything yet, though I have assembled the things I already have. I have so far from previous pregnancies
-swing
-crib and mattress
-high chair
-bouncy seat
-boppy pillow
-a fairly decent stash of newborn baby boy clothes
-pack and play with a newborn attachment
-Moby wrap

I have already borrowed
-a moses basket
-a bassinette

I also had a girly car seat and lots of little girl clothes but will not be using it since I'm having a boy. My sister is also pregnant and has her gender scan on Wednesday. She had a boy the last time I had a girl and our babies were six weeks apart. If she has a girl this time (since I'm having a boy) we will basically just trade stuff (car seat and clothing). If we both have boys then obviously she'll need to keep her stuff and I'll buy a new car seat and just donate my girl one and all the girl clothes I have.

Since we just found out our gender I will start shopping soon. I have some boy clothes but would like to buy some new things for this baby so I will pick up some more clothes, some bottles, the new car seat (depending), recieving blankets, pacifiers and all the basics such as that. I'd also like to buy a Baby K'tan. Oh yeah, and the big purchase I need to make is a sit and stand stroller for the new baby and Mia.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
March 26th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Veteran
We haven't bought anything yet other than the newborn sleeper I bought back in January to give to DH to tell him I was pregnant. He insists it's what we will be bringing baby home in, so we at least have that.
March 26th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
So far I have bought really minor stuff but now that we know that we are having a boy, on to the bigger items

*Cloth diapers and covers
*BoBa wrap
*Pack n Play
*Some outfits
March 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All I have bought is the papasan seat I got at a garage sale that is gender neutral. I won't buy anything else until we know the gender, because we have SO MUCH girl stuff left over from DD that we really won't need much but gear and essentials.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have bought nothing and probably won't buy much for quite awhile. I don't *think* we'll be finding out the the gender, but I might pick up a few girl sleepers on rummage sales just in case. I still have most of DS's clothes so we shouldn't need a ton right away if it's another lil boy. We shouldn't need much in the way of equipment...except for a crib since I sold mine in a fit a despair last fall.

My Ovulation Chart
March 26th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I haven't bought anything yet. I was given about 25 newborn cloth diapers though, so now all I need is some covers. I only have a few things to buy, so I am not wanting to get it done to early.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search